Dyrrachion, 1081 AD

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:56 am

tonymcenery wrote:Hi Pete, am on holiday at the moment but can very easily and reasonably fix that when I get back. These troops met up with part of the garrison led by the commander in charge of Dyrrachion, George Paleologus. After slogging it around to the battle they arrived when it was over and George had to withdraw. I will put him in charge across the way and add some garrison troops if that sounds ok.
Yes, certainly. Even if they do not actually make contact in the battle their imminent arrival can influence how the opposing side acts in the battle. I have played this a few times now and it is really well-balanced, particularly if you are prepared to be adventurous as the Byzantines.

tonymcenery
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tonymcenery » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:04 pm

OK Pete, back from holiday next week will get it done then. Glad you are enjoying it. Are those ships ready yet!?

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:00 am

tonymcenery wrote:OK Pete, back from holiday next week will get it done then. Glad you are enjoying it. Are those ships ready yet!?
Yes, nearly Tony. There are ten of them now! I am doing a couple of play-tests with Max so that the gameplay is reasonably balanced when I put it on. It is actually quite a complex battle and getting the starting positions right is a bit tricky.

tonymcenery
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tonymcenery » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Ten! Well, I am looking forward to this!

lascar
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by lascar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:30 am

stockwellpete wrote:
tonymcenery wrote:Hi Pete, am on holiday at the moment but can very easily and reasonably fix that when I get back. These troops met up with part of the garrison led by the commander in charge of Dyrrachion, George Paleologus. After slogging it around to the battle they arrived when it was over and George had to withdraw. I will put him in charge across the way and add some garrison troops if that sounds ok.
Yes, certainly. Even if they do not actually make contact in the battle their imminent arrival can influence how the opposing side acts in the battle. I have played this a few times now and it is really well-balanced, particularly if you are prepared to be adventurous as the Byzantines.
This is an interesting scenario Tony and I have played it several times multiplayer. Do you still intend to add George Paleologus as a leader to make the presence of the Byzantine troops on the peninsula more of a credible threat to the Norman rear? This would add a bit more balance and tension to the scenario. Thanks for the great scenarios you have been producing. I have downloaded all of them and enjoy them a lot.

tonymcenery
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by tonymcenery » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:01 am

Sorry, sorry! Yes, I have that somewhere. Will do it tonight. Thanks for reminding me! Glad you have enjoyed the games. Cheers, Tony

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”