Battle of Hastings, 1066 AD

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

dazzam
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by dazzam » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Tony.. Pete and I just replayed it and it's a lot better. The lower slope makes a big difference and the lower number of generals make it a little easier to get a few cohesion drops in combat. The gamed ended in a Norman victory but with William the C's unit routing at the end. A tough encounters and drew a few parallels with the actual battle. I'd leave the archers as LF as you are right about there impact on the battle. Anyway thanks for making those changes ..it's a great scenario and and enjoyable historical re-enactment. cheers.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:28 pm

dazzam wrote:Tony.. Pete and I just replayed it and it's a lot better. The lower slope makes a big difference and the lower number of generals make it a little easier to get a few cohesion drops in combat. The gamed ended in a Norman victory but with William the C's unit routing at the end. A tough encounters and drew a few parallels with the actual battle. I'd leave the archers as LF as you are right about there impact on the battle. Anyway thanks for making those changes ..it's a great scenario and and enjoyable historical re-enactment. cheers.
Yes, this is a great scenario now, Tony. Well done mate. And William? He is dead! I saw his body being carted off by Dazzam right at the end. Honest! :lol:

Return to “Field of Glory : Scenario Design”