RoR Companions Cup III (June - August)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

dazzam
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by dazzam » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Win for Alexander

dazzams Bosporans 21/72 v tofman04's Hatrans 74/63

Managed to get hold of the Hatran infantry with the lancers and avoided the cats until the end..

Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Lysimachos » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:08 am

It seems another match is going to be an Alexander victory, given the fact that my Armenian left wing has already crumbled under the Parthian cataphract charges and I'm not having enough stamina in the center and on the right to counterbalance their weight. :cry:

Sorry team mates but it's not going to be a point for us .. :?
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)

CheAhn
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by CheAhn » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:03 am

Its closer than that. Situation --> it's turn 8 with Armenians 43/60 and Team Worlds Parthians 27/58. The lead may allow the Parthians to prevail as the cataphracts in the centre are spent and surrounded - at least 4 will join the big Cataphract in the sky by next turns end.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 am

Blathergut (Hatran): 21300/7714 68/71 WIN :)
Morbio (Parthian): 18000/7525 65/60

Was a tense one! First half he was slaughtering me but then it reversed when his cataphracts were surrounded and hacked to pieces.

Good game!!

Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Blathergut wrote:Blathergut (Hatran): 21300/7714 68/71 WIN :)
Morbio (Parthian): 18000/7525 65/60

Was a tense one! First half he was slaughtering me but then it reversed when his cataphracts were surrounded and hacked to pieces.

Good game!!
To put it in perspective, on my final turn, I'm one point from defeat, all my moves are made bar the final cat in the centre. It's surrounded on all sides and can move 1 hex in a few directions there is no attack it can make without leaving it's rear exposed to 2 attacks, there's no rotation and holding without a similar result and it's at 51%, the weakest opponent are HF swords and light spear at 84%.

The following came to mind: The stag had run until it's lungs were fit to burst, it was bleeding from multiple cuts on it's hind and forequarters and the wolves circled and were closing. It could run no more all that was left was to lower it's head and charge once more... a valiant effort and a wolf howls in pain, but it wasn't enough, the pack would feast....

Ironically the cat won the attack and didn't auto rout and a brief rally meant I was 2 points from defeat. Needless to say one rear-charge destroyed it and all Blathergut had to do was not to lose 6 points. :cry:

An interesting challenge and one I'd definitely play differently... starting with my army selection!

Congratulations to Blathergut and my apologies to my team :(

Morbio

Post by Morbio » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:59 pm

I'll post the latest status in one post to make it easy to see where we are...

Hannibal 0 vs 1 Caesar
Match 1 (Very Open): Hatran IanIOW vs TheGrayMouser Parthian(Saka Campaign)
Match 2 (Open): Early Armenian(Khosrov I) Triarius vs BatesMotel Bosporan(mid)
Match 3 (Mixed): Bosporan Steve-H8 vs Deeter Later Carthage(Africa)
Match 4 (Open): Later Carthage(Africa) Ericdoman1 vs Deadtorius Early Armenian(Khosrov I)
Match 5 (Very Open):Parthian(Saka Campaign) Morbio 65/60 vs 68/71 Blathergut Hatran Win Caesar

Both Captains:
- Please send your armies off to war!

Pyrrhus 0 vs 1 Alexander
Match 1 (Very Open): Bosporan(Mid) Razorback77 vs Davouthojo Later Carthage(Africa)
Match 2 (Open): Early Armenian(Khosrov I) Lysimachos 43/60 vs 27/58 CheAhn Parthian(Saka Campaign) Latest Score
Match 3 (Mixed): Later Carthage(Africa) Petran1978 vs Pantherboy Early Armenian(Khosrov I)
Match 4 (Open): Hatran tofman04 74/63 vs 21/72 Dazzam Bosporan(Mid) Win Alexander
Match 5 (Very Open): Parthian(Saka Campaign) Hidde 0/60 vs 0/62 Jonno Hatran Latest Score

All: Don't forget to update the ticker tape (or is that RSS feed now?) of your latest status.... we are all interested!

hidde
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by hidde » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:13 am

Parthian(Saka Campaign) Hidde 0/60 vs 7/62 Jonno Hatran

The Parthians have slowly edged forward while the Hatrans are waiting patiently.
Most eager to fight on the Parthian side are the Hatrans :D
Two Hatran camels under the Parthian banner were the first to charge their countrymen followed by a couple of Hatran MF.
There is a large gully with Hatran MF on my right flank that worries me and must be avoided.
Otherwise...full steam ahead!

ericdoman1
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

In the beginning

Post by ericdoman1 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:30 am

Our game is underway.

Deadtorius had won initiative and the map is the one with small patches of marshes, gullies and impassable terrain on my left flank an open plain and then on my right flank more marshes etc.

The left flank marshes are within my deployment area, while I have nearly reached the right flank marshes.

Deadtorius has maxed out on the Roman infantry and they are occupying his left flank.

The centre he has a large screen of light troops, behind are his cataphracts. I am slowly edging forward with the spears and some elephants. On his right is a largeish clear hill where he has some mf archers and some cats so that is a no go area really.

Can not see all of his troops especially on his left flank but slowly moving around that flank with some superior cavalry.

So very early days.

jonno
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jonno » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:45 am

Sire

We have engaged the enemy - I fear in the open we are outmatched with their heavy troops - cataphracts and pike.
We are hopeful of using the terrain to counter their advantage in armour, and turning this into a scrap, rather than an ordered battle.
They have some cursed traitors who have chosen to side with the enemy, and have attacked the heart of our line. Their heads shall adorn stakes that their family shall know their shame.

Our enlighted Partian brothers have provided a contingent of cataphracts, that lessen our disadvatage in armoured troops.

That fool Ba l’Seman allowed his troop of camels to become so enraged by the presence of the traitors, they charged without orders. If he is foolish enough to survive the battle I shall have him buried in camel dung.

hidde
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by hidde » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:55 am

Parthian(Saka Campaign) Hidde 4/60 vs 28/62 Jonno Hatran

The Hatran camels on the rightful side are no more. They caved in all to easy.
Other than that the Parthians are pressing on.
However...my forces are approaching the big gully with hills behind it :?
Things can start to get dicey pretty soon.

pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:32 pm

petran1978 (Carthage) 58/56

pantherboy (Armenian) 12/52

Another win for team Alexander.

ianiow

Post by ianiow » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:43 pm

At the halfway point the scores are:

ianiow (Hatran) 30/80
TGM (Parthian) 33/53

The battlefield consisted of two very large mountains, one on the left, slightly nearer the Hatran side and one on the right, slightly closer to the Parthian side. The Parthians sent a third of their cats around the far side of one hill, a third around the side of the other hill, and the rest with all their pikes down the center valley. The skirmishers gained the top of the mountains and started to shower the enemy with missiles. The Hatrans meantime lined their army up in three ranks centrally. First rank archers, second rank archers and third rank everything else!

The Hatran archers rushed towards the LF on the mountains shooting the enemy to bits and forcing them into retreat. The Hatran MF archers now had control of the mountains and were quickly joined my their MF spearmen from the third rank. Meantime the Parthian cats had rounded the right flank hills and headed for the nice squishy archers on the Hatran far left. But the archers decided that discretion was the better part of valour and retreated to leave the Parthians facing Hatran cats and camels. The parthians charged and immediately got the better of the Hatrans, but the sneaky Hatran archers on the mountain threw away their bows and charged down on the Parthian rear. The same thing happend to the Parthian cats sweeping around the flank of the other mountain. Initial success against the Hatran camels was met by a swift counterattack by Hatran archers.

The state of play at the moment sees the Parthian flank attacks stalled with equal casulties on both sides. In the center the rest of the Parthian cats and the pike phalanx are gingerly heading towards the Hatran center (a few HF and cats) with the Hatran archers pulling back and to the sides forming a corridor of death.

For a battle with so many missile troops on both sides, there has been a LOT of close up hand to hand fighting so far!

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:47 pm

The battle is heavily joined between the heroic Bosporans and the Armenians with their Roman and Alan lackeys. It's currently Bosporans 9/65 to the Armenians 8/52 but it looks like the combination of Roman superior legionaries and Armenian cataphracts may blow through the Bosporan infantry faster than the Allans can collapse on one flank or our gallant Sarmatian allies will succeed in crossing the stream against Roman and Armenian opposition on the other flank.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time

davouthojo
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by davouthojo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:03 am

Alexander vs Pyrrhus
The Bruttian javelinmen have just repelled an attack by the Bosphoran Thracians and are now holding a steep hill in the left of the battlefield. The Carthaginian HF, spear and impact foot are holding a solid line across to a river on the right flank, facing off against the Bosphoran City Militia, hoplites and lancers. One the right flank, a lone elephant is guarding the only bridge across the river, behind which the Sarmatian ally Lancers wait, intimidated by the Nellie. One lancer has charged in on the elephant, who disrupted against the odds, no doubt confused by the Sarmatian stealth mode without unit graphics.
Carthaginians (davouthojo) 0/64 Bosphorans (razorback77) 11/50

hidde
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by hidde » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:27 am

Parthian(Saka Campaign) Hidde 6/60 vs 47/62 Jonno Hatran

Looks like I don't have to enter the gully much 8)
My nimble troops have been able to pick off light and medium bows left and right.
Hardly any cat vs cat fights since my camels bought it.
One isolated fight between cataphracts started this turn were I could get some support from pikes.
One of the Hatrans is down to fragmented wich means I will outnumber the Hatrans even more.
If it continue like I hope I could almost get me the last points needed without entering the gully at all.

Morbio

Post by Morbio » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 am

I'll post the latest status in one post to make it easy to see where we are...

Hannibal 0 vs 1 Caesar
Match 1 (Very Open): Hatran IanIOW 30/80 vs 33/53 TheGrayMouser Parthian(Saka Campaign) Latest Score
Match 2 (Open): Early Armenian(Khosrov I) Triarius 8/52 vs 9/65 BatesMotel Bosporan(mid) Latest Score
Match 3 (Mixed): Bosporan Steve-H8 vs Deeter Later Carthage(Africa)
Match 4 (Open): Later Carthage(Africa) Ericdoman1 vs Deadtorius Early Armenian(Khosrov I)
Match 5 (Very Open):Parthian(Saka Campaign) Morbio 65/60 vs 68/71 Blathergut Hatran Win Caesar

Both Captains:
- Please send your armies off to war!

Pyrrhus 0 vs 2 Alexander
Match 1 (Very Open): Bosporan(Mid) Razorback77 11/50 vs 0/64 Davouthojo Later Carthage(Africa) Latest Score
Match 2 (Open): Early Armenian(Khosrov I) Lysimachos 43/60 vs 27/58 CheAhn Parthian(Saka Campaign) Latest Score
Match 3 (Mixed): Later Carthage(Africa) Petran1978 58/56 vs 12/52 Pantherboy Early Armenian(Khosrov I) Win Alexander
Match 4 (Open): Hatran tofman04 74/63 vs 21/72 Dazzam Bosporan(Mid) Win Alexander
Match 5 (Very Open): Parthian(Saka Campaign) Hidde 6/60 vs 47/62 Jonno Hatran Latest Score

All: Don't forget to update the ticker tape (or is that RSS feed now?) of your latest status.... we are all interested!

Morbio

Post by Morbio » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:39 am

Great updates guys, really entertaining and informative - keep 'em coming! :)

Triarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Triarii » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:48 pm

batesmotel wrote:The battle is heavily joined between the heroic Bosporans and the Armenians with their Roman and Alan lackeys. It's currently Bosporans 9/65 to the Armenians 8/52 but it looks like the combination of Roman superior legionaries and Armenian cataphracts may blow through the Bosporan infantry faster than the Allans can collapse on one flank or our gallant Sarmatian allies will succeed in crossing the stream against Roman and Armenian opposition on the other flank.

Chris
The clash of spear and sheild right down the line of the map from the board edge on my left (Chris's right) to a stream and marsh about two thirds of the way across the board.
The Bosporan cavalry are pressing our steadfast Alan allies hard on my left and if it was not for the map edge would be round them, Chris got the Sarmatian sycophants to the stream very quickly but they may have difficulty either getting across or taking time squeezing through a small gap to get behind his centre. The Bosporan centre is in trouble - Offensive spears banged their sheilds and were generally offensive in front of the gallant Armenian cataphracts but are melting away on contact with the expensive and disciplined superior swordsmen+ of the Roman allies who arrived with the Armenian horse.

It is getting very tense - what happens on the wings vs what is happening in the centre - but with the Bosporan centre in difficulty points are totting up in the Armenian favour and time is running out to get the superior Bosporan numbers around the Armenian line.

hidde
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by hidde » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:07 am

Win for Pyrrhus

Parthian(Saka Campaign) Hidde 10/60 vs 62/62 Jonno Hatran

The gully never came into play.
A couple of Hatran camels had the courtsy to anarchy or pursue thereby getting isolated and giving me the last points for the victory.

ianiow

Post by ianiow » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:08 am

Match 1 (Very Open): Hatran IanIOW 41/80 vs 64/63 TheGrayMouser Parthian(Saka Campaign) Win Hannibal

The pristine persians in their shiny armour had no answer to the hordes of screaming mad-eyed hatran archers charging at them from all angles. No camel supper for you, tonight our chef has come up with a new dish ...Catatouille! :P

Return to “Field of Glory : Leagues & Tournaments & Seeking Opponents”