Companions Cup

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

hidde
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Companions Cup

Post by hidde » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Prepare to be amazed...the battle continues!
I only got five BP for the camp. Then I hurled every available arrow, stone and abusive language I could muster against a pike BG.
Imagine this...it stands at 55%, 165 men. We already know what that means...164 is auto-rout. Second time that happens in this game!

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 pm

hidde wrote:Prepare to be amazed...the battle continues!
I only got five BP for the camp. Then I hurled every available arrow, stone and abusive language I could muster against a pike BG.
Imagine this...it stands at 55%, 165 men. We already know what that means...164 is auto-rout. Second time that happens in this game!
I bet you are going to sack his camp in a minute! A fiver says you will. :lol:

ericdoman1
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by ericdoman1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Well just learnt something there 164 for avergaes to auto rout

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Tullius, the challenge for our game is on the system, password "tullius". It is a "very open" terrain battle. :wink:

hidde
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by hidde » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Pete. That's the thing...I have sacked the camp! I thought it would give me 6pts but it was 5. Standings:
Achmaenid (Europe) – hidde 41/50 vs Macedonian (UK&Eire) - ianiow 55/56 :evil:

Eric. I noticed it earlier in this game. One BG routed at 55%, another one did not.
I checked and the router was at 164 and the one alive was at 165. I think I got to shot once more against it but he have one pike somewhere at 165.
For some reason that one have stayed far from any action :D

rexhurley
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by rexhurley » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:48 am

ericdoman1 wrote:As above first players named to issue challenges, make sure you have the same terrain feature, FOW and double moves are on.

Round 2
ROTW vs UK&Eire
Game 1 (very crowded) Classical Indian-ericdoman1 (UK&Eire) vs Thracian-jonno (ROTW)
Game 2 (crowded) Skythian-massina_NZ (ROTW) vs Achmaenid – ianiow (UK&Eire)
Game 3 (mixed) Skythian (UK&Eire)-maharg25 vs Classical Indian-rexhurley (ROTW)
Game 4 (open) Alexandrian Macedonian (ROTW)-Fedem vs Thracian-Triarius (UK&Eire)
Game 5 (very open) Alexandrian Macedonian (UK&Eire)-stockwellpete vs Achmaenid-tullius(ROTW)
Europe vs North America
Game 1 (very crowded) Thracian-cavehobbit(Europe) vs Classical Indian iversonjm(NA)
Game 2 (crowded) Thracian-TGM(NA) vs Classical Indian-Finir(Europe)
Game 3 (mixed) Alexandrian Macedonian-dvorkin(Europe) vs Skythian-Todd645(NA)
Game 4 (open)Alexandrian Macedonian-Deeter(NA) vs Skythian-Boores(Europe)
Game 5 (very open) Later Achaeminiad- Hidde(Europe) vs Later Achaeminiad-batesmotel(NA)

Hi Jon, pw = jonno

Maharg feel free to put the challenge up mate Im waiting cheers Rex

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by cavehobbit » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Europe vs North America
Game 1 (very crowded) Thracian-cavehobbit(Europe) vs Classical Indian iversonjm(NA)

iversonjm, challenge issued, password = europe

Good luck, have fun! :)

/P-A

deeter
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by deeter » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:42 pm

Boores,

My Mac challenge is up. Password: deeter.

Deeter

Fedem
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Fedem » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 pm

ROTW vs UK&Eire

Game 4 (open) Alexandrian Macedonian (ROTW)-Fedem vs Thracian-Triarius (UK&Eire)

Triarius, Challenge issued. Password: triarius

Good luck but I hope not better than mine :)

ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by ianiow » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 am

hidde and massina,

Yesterday my poor old computer passed away to silicon heaven. My only access to the internet at the moment is an old pre touch screen phone, so no fog until i can find a repair man next week.

Ian the Invincible

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:37 am

Me and tullius are underway in our game. Somehow we have ended up with a "mixed" battlefield instead of a "very open" one. :roll:

rexhurley
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by rexhurley » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:53 am

Maharg can you please post our game so we can get underway, cheers Rex

jonathan.powles@gmail.com
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by jonathan.powles@gmail.com » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:37 pm

stockwellpete wrote:Me and tullius are underway in our game. Somehow we have ended up with a "mixed" battlefield instead of a "very open" one. :roll:
I'm sure I selected "very open". If we've ended up on the wrong battlefield we should restart

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:45 pm

tullius wrote:
stockwellpete wrote:Me and tullius are underway in our game. Somehow we have ended up with a "mixed" battlefield instead of a "very open" one. :roll:
I'm sure I selected "very open". If we've ended up on the wrong battlefield we should restart
The map selection algorithm weights the terrain density based on the initiative winner's and loser's choices. I think the winner's choice gets a 3-1 weight in this compared to the loser's. But then using this weight and a random factor, the terrain density of the map is determined so you are more likely to get a map with the terrain density you wanted but not guaranteed. So having a mixed map rather than a very open as a result is possible. (The weighting algorithm for this is described inmore detail in a note I posted a while ago based on a description from Keith but I don't remember which of the FoG PC forums it was in.)

Certainly if you both agree that you are unhappy with the map, a restart would be appropriate.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:48 pm

tullius wrote:
You didn't need to resign, tullius. It is just the luck of the game. I was decrying my poor run of trying to win the initiatives in competitions - 7 losses in a row now. Anyway, I have re-issued the challenge again, password "tullius". We just have to play with what we get really. :wink:

hidde
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by hidde » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:54 pm

bates,

Civil war can commence.
PW=PrinceofPersia

Anders

jonathan.powles@gmail.com

Post by jonathan.powles@gmail.com » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:08 pm

stockwellpete wrote:
tullius wrote:
You didn't need to resign, tullius. It is just the luck of the game. I was decrying my poor run of trying to win the initiatives in competitions - 7 losses in a row now. Anyway, I have re-issued the challenge again, password "tullius". We just have to play with what we get really. :wink:
Sorry Pete. It's now 8 losses in a row. I've picked the least open of the very open options. :-) But this time I am absolutely sure I checked the right button.

ericdoman1

Post by ericdoman1 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:57 pm

I think very open can surprise us with their maps. Some crowded maps are more open than very open?

Well I ahve a screenshot of my game vs Jonno but still due to a bit of stupidity on my behalf have not posted it here.

I have saved it as a word document and now I have deleted the "How to posta screenshot" from Jonno and Hidde.

Anyways it is the map with a stream running from some lakes in the middle to my middle rear edge. Steep hills are top left with woods just to the right of them. A bit of open space and then more woods top right. I had a large gentle hill my bottom right, close to my deployment.

Jonno's command on the sttep hills have swarmed forward as did the central command but they have pulled back. He has kept most if not all of his troops in the woods on the top right.

However at the moment things are going well for the Indians. We have peppered the Thracians with bow fire and have charged in with ellies, hch, cav and the better fighting mf. Causing a lot of damage to Jonno's centre and the far woods.

Have managed to bring back more troops to at first defend the strema river bacnk but am now moving through that and fighting Jonno's Thracians. Dice have certainy gone my way, in particular my shooting. His centre has almost routed pulling more troops into and around the woods next to the steep hill. As for the large mass of woods on the far right. The Indians have done well. Although one of my gens will soon be killed. The game will be won or lost now on the far left by the stream.

Scores at the moment Jonno 40/81 vs eric 13/58

Fedem

Post by Fedem » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Well the choices I got for open maps all were full of hills and woods. Picked the one that I thought suits more for the Alexandrian Army but imagine how it was that Triarius thanked me :)

jonno
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jonno » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:51 am

Here is the disaster that is the Thracian army's battle with the Indians

The plan for the Thracian was to hold in the centre and on the left flank and attack on the right. But this Thracian army has no guts (they keep on failing morale die rolls). For those who pay attention I missed turn 5. After a series of very poor die rolls the commander failed his own morale test - kicked the dog, and forgot what he was doing...

It looks like it is a good weekend for the Welsh...

I will be expecting revenge when Wales play the Wallabies down under in June.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Return to “Field of Glory : Leagues & Tournaments & Seeking Opponents”