Early Invaders of Britain

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

IMC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Early Invaders of Britain

Post by IMC »

Okie can be the Scots Irish for me (Note the spelling Paul. It's Scots: Scotch is a drink over here). ;-)

IMC
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

3 more challenges for:
Klayeckels
Burgot
Grudgbringer
PW= "okie" for all.
come face me if you dare! :P :twisted:
Enakan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Enakan »

The only thing I can see for the Bourbon-Irish and Okie playing them,

Is that he'll have to play himself in two of the games, Romanskis vs SI and SI vs Romaskis. We will need a surrogate for Okie for two of the games.

Any takers? Just so he does play the full amount of games, not one less than the rest of us.

Notice I was good about phrasing things............

:D
NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!!!!!!!
IMC

Post by IMC »

Enakan wrote:The only thing I can see for the Bourbon-Irish and Okie playing them,

Is that he'll have to play himself in two of the games, Romanskis vs SI and SI vs Romaskis. We will need a surrogate for Okie for two of the games.

Any takers? Just so he does play the full amount of games, not one less than the rest of us.

Notice I was good about phrasing things............

Happy to be one of the surrogates!

IMC
Enakan

Post by Enakan »

IMC,

Please take the Scirish against Okie's Roman's, I"ll have Jimicus Allenius take the Romans against Okie's Scirish.

To keep the feel and generals comfortable!

We need to get Okie on the scoreboard, he and Klay!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Enakan

Post by Enakan »

13 Quintilis AD 43

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!

Angus Mac-Blarney reporting from da Northlands o’Albion, seems like quite the three-way dustup has’a’ccurred up’n here! We’uns are live with Princely Chieftain Jak-Daw-ucus, go ahead sur, in ye own words…..

Weeeeel Angus, dose wolves’o’da’sea led by dat Burgot-us bloke landed in our neck’o’da’woods after that last scrum dey’had. I suppose we must technically call it a defeat, but…….

We had inficted 81% casualties on dem snotty invaders when news of a cowardly attack on our rear by some vicious rat-bassid Caledonians caused us to break-off combat and strategically re-deploy.

Very quickly……………..

Which to us Jakidawi means dropping most of our weapons and screaming: 'Run! Run for your lives!!!' (Which is actually our battle cry.) Unfortunately, the Druids umpiring the match -after reviewing the goat's entrails- decided this constituted a rout and award-ded the victory to the visiting team.

However, we did inflict a victory over the treacherous fatherless Caledonian clan of the I Mc....s (Yes, we know you're Mcs but Mc who?) Proving that our fighting spirit was far from diminished by the earlier battle, we , the Jakidawi, withstood their barrage of cabers and the fearsome assault of the rampaging War-haggis, and sent them scuttling for the porridge-bogs they call home. Clearly the technical superiority of our woad was too much for them and we suffered merely 40% casualties.

Dank-you Princely Chieftain Jak-Daw-ucus! Whew, did dat go a wee bit long??? Oops, did ah say dat oooo’t loud???

A terse rejoinder carried to the CBC from a not-so-jovial but very tired Prince I-Ma-Cus of the Mac-Porkus tribe, his stirring words…….

“Kiss me’arse!!!”

AHEM, dat must’ve slipped by da bleepers!!!

AND NOW A MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSORS……..

“Love dat Chikken from Poop-Eyes!!!!!!!!”

“Okay…………………………..”

Agnes, we need some new sponsors!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

More news from da gloomy, foggy heels o’Caledonia!!!

In a Two-Fer matchup involving it appears BOTH the Mac-Porkus’s and the Mac-Swine’s were set upon while playing a practice match by some trespassing British soccer loons led by dat fearless leader, Prince Cass…..Cass…….Cassie….. oh Hades, I give up!!!

O’COURSE the local boyz split up and played two matches wit’dose Suthern Atrebootie types (HA), seems like both matches went against dee visiting team, DOH!

Prince I-Mac-Us, in yee’own wurds pleaze!

“Twas a dinger donger of an affair and a much closer game dan dee score suggests. We’uns almost lost our benches and cheerleaders in dee last turn…..but lady luck was on our side!”

Thank you oh fearless leader!!!

Prince Eeeenakan, a wurd purhaps?

Weeeeel Angus, after da’loss to da Mac-Porkey’s, dose Atrebooties were a beggin’ and a bemoanin’, dey were paying big bucks to ur’refs for da win! HA!!! Screeching’n about takin’doon our goalposts, takin’ur FREEDOM, some blarney abooot’dat. We shewed dem dee proper respect, dere’mobs were like leetle piles o’sheep dooty in’a hands! Which dey did leave about da field in massive amoonts!!!

Love dat charmin’Caledonian accent, aye folks!!!!!!

8)

Now to our statistician, Dingus Mac-Noggin, who was schooled in far off Alexandria at the University of Egyptus while wrasslin’ crocodiles on da side (ya’gotta earn beer money!)......go ahead Dingus!

"Ahem, for those who are learned scholars of 'Rithmatic, that ancient logical system NOT involving the use of fingers and toes, I have some figures (Still missing a finger, dang lizard!!!) for you listeners.......as follows, our latest stats are........."

1. IMC - Caledonian - 3 Wins/1 Loss - 76% Win Percentage
2. Enakan - Caledonian - 3 Wins/1 Loss- 77% Win Percentage
3. JakDaw - Ancient British - 2 Wins/1 Loss - 34% Win Percentage
4. allendeuce - Romans - 1 Win/1 Loss - 82% Win Percentage
5. Mcfcivo - Cass British - 1 Win/2 Losses - 38% Win Percentage
6. Burgot - German - 1 Wins/2 Losses - 81% Win Percentage
7. notjustdon - Scirish - 0 Wins/1 Loss - 0% Win Percentage (SO FAR!)
8. MikeM - Ancient British - 0 Wins/1 Loss - 0% Win Percentage (SO FAR!)
9. Grudgebringer - German - 0 Wins/1 Loss - 0% Win Percentage
10. Klayeckeles - Britons
11. Okie - Romans
12. Okie - Scirish

“Using me abacus, looks like I-Mac-Us has edged Eeenakan by just ONE percentage point for the current lead!”

"Back to you Angus!”

“That's it for now folks, Angus Mac-Blarney signing off from CBC 1 (Caledonian Bullshite Corporation), stay tuned for further developments!!!”

:D :D :D
Enakan

Post by Enakan »

I appreciate your short or long remarks fellas!

They really spice up the reports! Keep them coming, either on here or by PM!

IMC

Post by IMC »

Hi Agnes the Abacus,

another report for you. IMC's Caledonians v Okie's Romans. A win for the Caledonians 12/48 v Rome 35/35.

This one was all about the poor performance of Okie's Auxillia...they just didn't like the impact. They rolled so poorly that they just fell apart...even with armour. This left gaps in the line for the nimble Scots to go into the rear of the Roman Heavy Foot...causing devastation even though the Romans were Superior, armoured and skilled swordsmen..... Not pretty.

Bad luck Okie, you deserved better. Now we can relax this evening and spend it with the family, drinking Scotch whiskey and polishing the Roman eagles we have gained.

IMC
Enakan

Post by Enakan »

Going to re-set tonight, I think Dingus forgot to add in a few games to the rankings........

Be prepared for some more movement in the rankings in da morning!
MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MikeMarchant »

Two results for you, my first victories in this competition so far:

MikeMarchant's Brits 31/42 (74%) beat Okie's Romans 35/35 (100%)

MikeMarchant's Brits 34/42 (81%) beat mcfcivo's Brits 46/45 (100%)

Two tough battles that were settled more by the dice than by any skill on my part. My thanks to both of my excellent opponents.

Best Wishes

Mike
Enakan

Post by Enakan »

Weeeeeeeel Mike......

We'll get right on dat, Angus and I, we were having a bit of a problem typing this morning, a little worse for the wear...........

Might have an update after da regular report!

Last edited by Enakan on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enakan

Post by Enakan »

14 Quintilis AD 43

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!

Angus Mac-Blarney reporting from Da Midlands, where da news is’a floodin’in t’day!

Foist’of all, we have a message from Prince I-Mac-Us o’da MacPorkey’s!

Dis little bar fight was all about the poor performance o’da Romanski’s Auxillia...dey just didn't like the impact o’our hammer fists. Dem’boys hit da’floor so hard that dey just fell apart...even with dere armor a’proppin’dem up! Dis left gaps in the line for da loo for our nimble Porcines to get into the rear of the Roman Heavy Foot...causing devastation even though the Romans were packed in for da’number Two stall..... Not a’purty sight..…

Weeeeel listeners, we’uns heard there was a leetle note sent to da losing boys, da messenger stopped in ‘ere for a pictograph with dear ol’Angus and spilta' da beans….

From: KING I-Mac-Us: Too my esteemed foe Consul Okiefokius, you deserved better. Now we can relax this evening and spend it with de’lads, drinking Scotch whiskey and polishing the Roman eagles we have gained.

Weel, aren’t we getting a leetle polished ‘ere Mr. King! Are dose effete Suthern mannerisms a’rubbin’off on ya???

:shock:

And now a word from r’new sponsors!!!

“Is your armor showing signs of rust and mildew? Try our Scotch XXX brand Kleaner, guar’an’teed ta take off all dat nasty stuff, plus the lining of your stomach!”

Okay………AGNES!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Folks, we have a pantin’messenger straight from Princely Chieftain Jak-Daw-ucus!!!

Angus, we’a Jakidawi had’a close wun over dose Suthern boys led by dat Prince Cass…..Cass…….Cassie…... oh whatever!!!

Mebbe it was only the sight of our women-folk guarding our camp dat DETERRED (WATCH OUT BIG WORD!!!) his raiders from snatching a draw!

CONGRATULATIONS (ANNUDER BIG WORD!!!) to da Jakidawi, youse boys are da’apples o’yo’women’s eyes I’ma sure!!!

Weeeeel Angus, tis only fair to remember dat our women-folk are why we’uns prefer to die in battle rather than go home sober. OOOPS, did I say dat ooot’loud????

Ye gotta death wish laddie?????? I hear Sardinia is purty nice dis time a’year!

Now to our statistician, Dingus Mac-Noggin, who was schooled in far off Alexandria at the University of Egyptus while practicin’ free-no-lo-gee on da side (reading dem bumps on dee ‘ed for dat beer money!)......go ahead Dingus!

"Ahem, for those who are learned scholars of 'Rithmatic, that ancient logical system NOT involving the use of fingers and toes, I have some figures (Yes laddie, three bumps means yur’a genius!!!) for you listeners.......as follows, our latest stats are........."

Enakan - Caledonian - 4 Wins/1 Loss- 78% Win Percentage
2. JakDaw - Ancient British - 3 Wins/1 Loss - 54% Win Percentage
3. IMC - Caledonian - 4 Wins/2 Losses - 64% Win Percentage
4. allendeuce - Romans - 1 Win/1 Loss - 82% Win Percentage
5. Mcfcivo - Cass British - 1 Win/3 Losses - 38% Win Percentage
7. notjustdon - Scirish - 0 Wins/1 Loss - 0% Win Percentage
8. MikeM - Ancient British - 0 Wins/1 Loss - 0% Win Percentage
11. Okie - Romans - 0 Wins / 1 Loss - 0% Win Percentage
12. Okie - Scirish

"Back to you Angus!”

“That's it for now folks, Angus Mac-Blarney signing off from CBC 1 (Caledonian Bullshite Corporation), stay tuned for further developments!!!”

Last edited by Enakan on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enakan

Post by Enakan »

****************UPDATUS SAME DATUS**********************

Angus Mac-Blarney STILL reporting from Da Midlands, where da news is’a floodin’in t’day! Straight from a carrier duck, hence the ABBREVIATED (BIG WORD!!!) notus here!!!

*********************DA NOTUS***********************

To: The Most Fair and Unbalanced Angus Mac-Blarney o’CBC…..

Prince Mikus-Mar-Mar-Mar-Cha-Cha-Chant and his Atrebody tribe have
two results for you, our first victories in this chaotic mess so far:

First ting’ yesterday we’uns beat da Romans led by Consul Okiefokius!

Den we whupped on dose Suthern boys led by dat Prince Cass…..Cass…….Cassie…... oh whatever!!!

Deese was twa’tough battles that were settled more by Ye Gods o’Chance den by me superb strategic skills, which are usually roight on track! Me condolences to both of my unlucky opponents………

Best Wishes and In Gratitutum

Prince Mikus-Mar-Mar-Mar-Cha-Cha-Chant

**********************ENDUS O'NOTUS******************************

Oi Dingus, this may change a few ting’s!

Dat’s right Angus, tak‘a look at deese changes!

1. Enakan - Caledonian - 4 Wins/1 Loss- 78% Win Percentage
3. IMC - Caledonian - 4 Wins/2 Losses - 64% Win Percentage
4. MikeM - Ancient British - 2 Wins/1 Loss - 78% Win Percentage
5. allendeuce - Romans - 1 Win/1 Loss - 82% Win Percentage
7. Mcfcivo - Cass British - 1 Win/4 Losses - 38% Win Percentage
8. notjustdon - Scirish - 0 Wins/1 Loss - 0% Win Percentage
11. Okie - Romans - 0 Wins / 2 Losses - 0% Win Percentage
12. Okie - Scirish

Enakan

Post by Enakan »

Nobody grabbed the ones I had up there,

SO I'll go day by day issuing PERSONAL CHALLENGES.

OKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting up two challenges for you right after this note, one for your Scots-Irish, one for your Principate Romans.

Password will be: Okie

See you soon!

IMC

Post by IMC »

Hi, everyone,

4 challenges up. Password is caledonians

See you on line.

IMC
allendeuce
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by allendeuce »

Hello Angus/Agnes Enakan! (Is that like Victor/Victoria?)
Anyway, I don't think Burgot posted his victory over me...I've lost two, well on my way to losing 3 thanks to Ian!
Anyway, Bugot's Germans 25/43 (58%) defeated my Romans 39/34 (100%).
Wanted to make sure the standings were as up to date as possible.
Jiminus Allenius, recalled to Rome after this battle to face the Emperor...think I'll lose my way on the Appian Way...
IMC

Post by IMC »

Hello Anguish Auntie,

the battles are coming thick and fast for you.

In this one IMC's Caladonians have put Allendeuce's Romans to the sword. 14/48 to 33/35

A steady advance on the outnumbered Romans led to some sporadic combats where the Caladonian's were able to use their extra numbers to good effect. Sorry Jim, thanks for the game, it was a bad day at the office for Rome.....so it's back to the 7 hills to get some reinforcements.

IMC.
mcfcivo
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by mcfcivo »

Dear Angus,

A nailbiter between the Brits and the Germans ended in a very narrow Victory for the good guys:-). After a strong start by the Brits, the Germans fought back leaving the Brits with virtually only Light troops and Mobs left. After a several rounds of ineffectual shooting by the Brits, Cassie himself managed to steal the Victory delivering the coup de grace with a rear attack on a Disrupted Warband. Great game GB.
Brits 42/45 93% Germans 47/47 100%
Enakan

Post by Enakan »

I passed these last three results on to the news team!

For nicknames, we answer to about anything, including the dinner bell! Not much movement in the player chart, everyone stayed the same except Burgot and Jim switched the 5th and 6th position spots.

Keep them coming!

GO TEAMS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enakan

Post by Enakan »

16 Quintilis AD 43

NEWSFLASH!!!!!!!!

Angus Mac-Blarney reporting from CBC 1 South Studios located on the banks of the luv’ley Tims, in the charming burg’o’Lunden! Yo’Mabel, an’nudder kwart, dis’a’one is empty agin’……..

Look out Dingus, ‘ur heee-leee trained hawk IN-TOR-SEP-TOR (BIG WORD!) o’parrots n’pigeons is over head!!! Look’s’a’like he has dinnah in ‘is claws!!! Peel dat note oot’a’da’mess purty please!!!

Ahhhh. news from da South’a’Britain, looks’a’like GREAT NEWZ FOLKS!!!

It’a’peers ta bee an Imperial Notus from dat Consul Jimicus Allenius to ‘is bosses! We weel a’quota dis wun!!!

Esteemed Senators,

Our faithless barbaric allies, the Germanii led by one Burgot-us, have severed all ties of fealty to the Roman State! Whilst in the midst of entrenching in our nightly camp, our barefooted allies, whilst supposedly guarding our backs, set upon our sturdy legionaries, stabbing many in the backsides. I have put a high price on the head of our erstwhile ally’s head, and am heading back to Rome for my in person report to the Senate.

Post Scriptum: Which way do I turn in Gaul to get to the Appian Way, left or right???

Ah’weel Consul, tah-morrow may’be a bitter day!

:)

LOOK OUT DINGUS! Dat’dang’a’hawk is a’cumin’back!!!

It’a’peers ta bee a’nudder ex-parrot-pigeon o’Rome, wit a’nodder Imperial Notus from dat Consul Jimicus Allenius to ‘is bosses! We weel a’quota dis wun!!! Agin……..

GASP…….weel listeners, da long’n’da’short o’it is, it looks like Kingly Princely Type I-Mac-Us has drubbed the stuffin’ oot’a’da poor remaining remnants o’da Romanskis…….

Grasping da poi’fect moment to strike, the Mac-Porkey’s swarmed the dee’lood’ded invaders as dey were’a’packin’ta’go, after dere’whuppin’ from Prince Burgot-us. It appears as if dose Romanskis are heading for dere Seven Hills lick’ety’split!!! Wonder if dat Consul Jimicus weel be’a keepin’is ‘ed after dis latest dee-back-LLLLLLL……..

And now a word from r’newest sponsors!!!

For the best used weaponry, come to Honest’Pods’o’Peelums, where we have cart-loads’o’used spears, shields, helmets and short teeny tiny s-words, only slightly used! Swung once, then maybe a little ding or two from getting dropped!!! The more you buy, the bigger your discount!!! OH yes, for every purchase today you get a free pair o’hobnailed sandals! Slightly smelly, but some good bear fat will take that effete smell out!!!

Weel Dingus, wunder were’dey got dose pigstikkas’n’footwear ??????

:o :o :o

Ah, a messenger ‘as’appeared from our fearless leader, Prince Cass…..Cass…….Cassie….. oh whatever, I give up!!!

:shock:

Oi’Angus, got’ta spare pint per’haps???

Ere’laddie, drink’oop!!!

Ahhhhhhh…..(sooonds’o’lip’smackin’), dat hit’da spot!!!

Oot wit’it now laddie!!!

Weel Angus, we was ‘avin’ur’annual summer Solstice party when we’uns were bothered by some screechin’screamin’furry types! Dey’was goin’twa steal all’ure pik-nik biskets until Prince Cass……Cass…….Cassie……

Weel Laddie???

Eny-ways, da Prince dun whooped on dem Germanii types, sent dem’a’packin back to dere paddle’boats! Wit’a’leetle help from ur’ wives and kiddies twa, showerin’ dose teeves wit’spit, shite and a shower’o’spoons!!! Dat G’rudge’bringa dude was a scribblin’ in his grudge’book fo’sho!!!

Dit’cha say SPOONS laddie?

Ya’know Angus, dose big spooney’ladle tings???

Let’sa call’em clubbers laddie, ‘kay???

Ya’da best Angus!!! Canna’oi’haffa yo autograph??????

Hoist an’nudder pint laddie!!! Ere’s to da Suthern Atrebootie Womens!!!!! And wee bairns too!!!!!!!

Now to our statistician, Dingus Mac-Noggin, who was schooled in far off Alexandria at the University of Egyptus while singin’ old Beetles ballads to swoonin’ fellow stoodents in stoody hall (remember J’ahn, P’ahl, Gorgeus and Dingleberry???)……go ahead Dingus!

"Ahem, for those who are learned scholars of 'Rithmatic, that ancient logical system NOT involving the use of fingers and toes, I have some figures ( I’ve moved on to da’Spicey Gurls……) for you listeners.......as follows, our latest stats are........."

1. Enakan - Caledonian - 4 Wins/1 Loss- 78% Win Percentage
3. IMC - Caledonian - 5 Wins/2 Losses - 57% Win Percentage
4. MikeM - Ancient British - 2 Wins/1 Loss - 78% Win Percentage
5. Burgot - German - 2 Wins/2 Losses - 70% Win Percentage
6. allendeuce - Romans - 1 Win/3 Losses - 82% Win Percentage
7. Mcfcivo - Cass British - 2 Wins/4 Losses - 66% Win Percentage
8. notjustdon - Scirish - 0 Wins/1 Loss - 0% Win Percentage
9. Grudgebringer - German - 0 Wins/2 Losses - 0% Win Percentage
11. Okie - Romans - 0 Wins / 2 Losses - 0% Win Percentage
12. Okie - Scirish

"Back to you Angus!”

Return to “Field of Glory : Leagues & Tournaments & Seeking Opponents”