_[FDB] rev976 [Client] Questions

Closed beta forum - only for users who have taken part in one of the FoG Beta tests.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

_[FDB] rev976 [Client] Questions

Post by stockwellpete »

Dan, two more questions . . .

i) When the new version is officially released, will existing users have to do a fresh install of everything, or will we be able to use the "update game" facility provided in the old version?

ii) Will multi-player support for the old version stop immediately when the new version is released? I am asking this question in relation to tournament matches that might be in progress when the new version is released - I have decided to delay the next season of the FOG Digital League until we have the new version now, but there is another competition starting shortly where this most likely will be an issue.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: _[FDB] rev976 [Client] Questions

Post by cothyso »

i) Once the FoG(U) is released, a new fresh install will be required. The old client can't make the transition to the client.

ii) Tournaments could be started with the FoG(U) too, as soon as we'll have the MP DAG game-flow fixed, which should be before this week's end, and so no FoG(RB) dependency would appear. Not to mention it would help with the testing of the client

I don't think the FoG(U) release could be postponed just to wait for FoG(RB) tournaments to end, but maybe it can be possible to keep FoG(RB) running in parallel for a while, as a different application on the PBEM2 server. Only Iain can respond to this, though.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

cothyso wrote: I don't think the FoG(U) release could be postponed just to wait for FoG(RB) tournaments to end,
No, absolutely not! There would be uproar! :lol: :lol:
but maybe it can be possible to keep FoG(RB) running in parallel for a while, as a different application on the PBEM2 server. Only Iain can respond to this, though.
Yes, that might be helpful, even if it is just for a couple of weeks.
Asterix_von_TWC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Asterix_von_TWC »

Hulloh, the d build keeps telling me my client is out of date, it worked once. Where are the default .config files installed (for deletion).. I can't find them. Thanks!
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

the client is rightfully reporting that it is outdated.

The server temporarily moved to rev977, which I am still testing. If it will be ready for release, it will be sometime during this afternoon, if not, I'll revert the server to 976 until 977 is ready.

Return to “FoG PC Beta”