ARMY LIST CALCULATOR

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

nicofig
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nicofig »

A new version : 3.0.6

http://fieldofglory.fr/spip.php?article2

Better and more beautifull :wink:
ImageImage
WombatDazzler
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by WombatDazzler »

it looks wonderful. Very well done and tks for the continued improvement.

Dazzler
7RiclionLys7
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by 7RiclionLys7 »

We have problem when i open the file with open office ^^

Beautiful but every compartment are write by error :p

Thank to give me how to make for remove this error !
DavidT
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by DavidT »

The new version is excellent.
Well done and thanks for the hard work.
David
Ghaznavid
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Ghaznavid »

RiclionLys wrote:We have problem when i open the file with open office ^^

Beautiful but every compartment are write by error :p

Thank to give me how to make for remove this error !
You can't, us OpenOffice users can only hope Olivier will make an OO version as well again (especially since the old version which did come for OO too has been removed, might have been worthwhile to keep around for the time being).
Karsten

~ We are not surrounded, we are merely in a target rich environment. ~
olivier
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by olivier »

I'll do but I lost my guide for adapting Excel to open office and I don't remember how to proceed! :oops:
As I work on Excel 2007 I don't know if any change broke the compatibility with OO :(
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Thanks for the new version.
recharge
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by recharge »

As I add the units, I end up getting an error in the fields for # of BG's, PBI, etc.

What am I doing wrong?

John
babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark »

nicofig wrote:A new version : 3.0.6

I forgot to say earlier: thanks for the new version. I like it a great deal.

Marc
olivier

Post by olivier »

As I add the units, I end up getting an error in the fields for # of BG's, PBI, etc.

What am I doing wrong?
I don't know! :lol:
Did you delete any sheet ?
Did you cut and paste some line?
Have you inserted some line?
recharge
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by recharge »

olivier wrote:

What am I doing wrong?
I don't know! :lol:
Did you delete any sheet ?
Did you cut and paste some line?
Have you inserted some line?

No, no and no.
I start with the empty form and insert units one by one. I get the "!REF" in the Game Information block?

John
stenic
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by stenic »

More beautiful but to be honest I preferred the version that had Impact and Melee POAs seperate. I felt it was clearer and those into FOG Fantasy could put together their own combos.

Also, I found the default setting for printing made it too small on landscape, I cleared the print area, reset font sizes to 12, increased some colum sizes and then hid a few rows to keep it to one sheet.

That said, it's still very useful and thanks for taking the time to knock it up and share with us. :D

Steve P
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by ravenflight »

It's very good. I'm wondering about two things.

Fistly, can you put in the calculation for the 'page number' to be spanned. For example, if I put in Swords and Scimitars, and put page 6, 7 or 8, I get no army. I have to put in 5... which is fine, but just wondering if it's simple to put in another number or not.

Secondly, can you have the terrain automatically calculate? We know what list it is, we know what army it is, we know everything, so it wouldn't be too much (except inputting the data) to have that as well.

Great work though, thanks.
olivier

Post by olivier »

No, no and no.
I start with the empty form and insert units one by one. I get the "!REF" in the Game Information block?
Oh .... :(
Send me in a PM your sheet and I'll study it
Fistly, can you put in the calculation for the 'page number' to be spanned. For example, if I put in Swords and Scimitars, and put page 6, 7 or 8, I get no army. I have to put in 5... which is fine, but just wondering if it's simple to put in another number or not.
I choose to tag the n° in the index from the army list (easier for a umpire to check a list) If I tag all the page, I have a problem with any page who spoke about 2 different army.
Secondly, can you have the terrain automatically calculate? We know what list it is, we know what army it is, we know everything, so it wouldn't be too much (except inputting the data) to have that as well.

I can do that !:D , but its off limit with copyright and I respect Slitherine and JDM wish 8) :D
rich
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by rich »

stenic wrote:

Also, I found the default setting for printing made it too small on landscape, I cleared the print area, reset font sizes to 12, increased some colum sizes and then hid a few rows to keep it to one sheet.

Steve P
I'm sure you know this but for anyone not totally into EXCEL...SET PRINT AREA and BLACK&WHITE options (fits landscape and saves colored ink)…..

1 - Select (highlight) ALL the cells you want to print - Left click on the cell (ColumnQ/row??) of the last row that you have put a BG in...... (hold down left mouse button) and drag to cell B2.

2 - Set the print area to what you highlighted - Select - FILE – PRINT AREA – SET PRINT AREA from the menu.

3 - Set to print in black and white – Select FILE – PAGE SETUP – SHEET (Check print black and white)

4 - Select PRINT PREVIEW - to check it is correct.

5 – Print it.
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 »

Or just set to print on 1 page wide by 1 page tall in page set up. Do whatever you want then, it will always fit.
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
johno
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by johno »

Yes, Phil, it will always fit, but sometimes the text will be too small for some of us to read!

Johno
John Orange

Club Web Site: http://www.plymouthwargamers.co.uk
recharge
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by recharge »

olivier wrote:
No, no and no.
Oh .... :(
Send me in a PM your sheet and I'll study it

Not sure why, but it isn't doing it now??

If it happens again, I will send a sheet to you.

John
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

johno wrote:Yes, Phil, it will always fit, but sometimes the text will be too small for some of us to read!

Johno
Thought you old blokes with vision problems played 25mm so that you had less BG so could get bigger print :wink:
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet »

I am happy with an earlier version - I like a separate column for each POA. (BTW< mine often autofills based on the first letter or two)

I added a points total box in a big red font at cell b12 so I can view the total onscreen easily without having to view the rightmost columns.

The cells have lots and lots of white spaceso the text does not need to be tiny - it is easy to make it more readable by adjusting cell width, borders and the font size (or font) so the text is larger and easier to read.

For notes/tactics etc. I just draw a big Excel text box across the sheet right under the total element count line and write in troop selection, terrain and other doctrine, and deployment notes. This prints out with the list, though I might print out a version without the text box for exchanging lists during a game.

I also have a second column that identifies which batch each unit is in - 1st 2nd 3 4, but this is pure chrome.

Moving entries and resorting them according to deployment order is a little problematic, but maybe that is unavoidable.

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”