Scenario and Save Game Files will not Load Following Change

Tech support for Commander Europe at War. Requires forum registration.

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

schwerpunkt
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Scenario and Save Game Files will not Load Following Change

Post by schwerpunkt » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:05 am

Hi guys,
I bought a download copy of the game back in March and been working with the BJR mod guys beta-testing recently. This morning though, I accidently opened a DATA file using Notepad, and after rebooting my computer this morning, I'm now unable to open Scenario or Save Game files. My suspicion is that CEAW doesnt recognise the new file association but I'm not sure how to reverse what I have done? (and obviously cannot do a quick reinstall to get back to scratch again).
I have tried associating the DATA files with Wordpad and CEAW but have had no success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Neil

schwerpunkt

Post by schwerpunkt » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:52 am

hmm, a fix has been found. It looks like unhiding file extension fixes the problem - appears that CEAW wants to see a .data file extension.

Neil

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:13 pm

schwerpunkt wrote:hmm, a fix has been found. It looks like unhiding file extension fixes the problem - appears that CEAW wants to see a .data file extension.

Neil
Specifically, and for some unknown reason, this worked. In explorer under Tools -> Folder Options -> View (tab). If "Hide extensions for known file types" is checked then unchecked it.

Return to “Commander - Europe at War : Tech Support”