Grand Strategy Expansion Beta Patch

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Grand Strategy Expansion Beta Patch

Post by rkr1958 »

O.K. Nobody's perfect. We have our first bug. That's the bad news. The good news is that this bug is NOT game critical and the fix will NOT invalidate on-going games. This means that if you apply it you can still continue with games that you're playing.

While we classify this bug as NOT game critical that doesn't mean it's not important. The bug could cause a player to not realize that an ally had joined the war.

The patch being offered is a beta patch and it's optional. See the change log below to decide if you wish to apply it.

If you do then you need to download the patch, which is very small at 115 KB, unzip it, copy the folder "Grand Strategy Mod" and its contents over the folder by the same name located in the standard game folder were you installed the mod. The beta patch only contains two files.

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/318804221/2 ... gy_Mod.zip

Change Log.

12-10-2009

1. Changed the expected entry date for Poland, who is pro Allied, to 9-1-1939.
If not attacked by Germany, Poland with activate at the end of the Allied turn
no later than 9-29-1939. If Poland activates then the Polish units do not
suffer the 10% efficiency loss. If Germany; however, declares war on Poland
then all Polish units suffer an immediate efficiency loss of 10%.

2. Fixed a messaging bug where the owning player wasn't being notified when a minor
ally activated on their own. The axis player was not seeing any messages when Italy,
Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Finland joined the war. Similarly, the allied player
was missing the message on USA and Free France activation. This is now fixed.
KingHunter3059
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Grand Strategy Expansion Beta Patch

Post by KingHunter3059 »

rkr1958 wrote:O.K. Nobody's perfect. We have our first bug. That's the bad news. The good news is that this bug is NOT game critical and the fix will NOT invalidate on-going games. This means that if you apply it you can still continue with games that you're playing.

While we classify this bug as NOT game critical that doesn't mean it's not important. The bug could cause a player to not realize that an ally had joined the war.

The patch being offered is a beta patch and it's optional. See the change log below to decide if you wish to apply it.

If you do then you need to download the patch, which is very small at 115 KB, unzip it, copy the folder "Grand Strategy Mod" and its contents over the folder by the same name located in the standard game folder were you installed the mod. The beta patch only contains two files.

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/318804221/2 ... gy_Mod.zip

Change Log.

12-10-2009

1. Changed the expected entry date for Poland, who is pro Allied, to 9-1-1939.
If not attacked by Germany, Poland with activate at the end of the Allied turn
no later than 9-29-1939. If Poland activates then the Polish units do not
suffer the 10% efficiency loss. If Germany; however, declares war on Poland
then all Polish units suffer an immediate efficiency loss of 10%.

2. Fixed a messaging bug where the owning player wasn't being notified when a minor
ally activated on their own. The axis player was not seeing any messages when Italy,
Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Finland joined the war. Similarly, the allied player
was missing the message on USA and Free France activation. This is now fixed.
No Prob! Thanks for all the hard work on this - Your leadership is outstanding! I love GS - Great addition to the game!

Jay
Roberto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Roberto »

Sorry...i have installed the Patch but Poland not declares War to Germany.......
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Roberto wrote:Sorry...i have installed the Patch but Poland not declares War to Germany.......
Did you restart your game? The Poland DOW change won't happen in existing games, only in new games. The message bug fix; however, will show up in existing games.

If you have time and don't mind start a hotseat game and just click through a couple of turns without moving any units. You should see Poland in the war by no later than the end of the Allied turn, September 21, 1939. This will verify that you have the beta patch installed correctly.
Roberto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Roberto »

I have started 2 games with patch installed and in 1940 Poland remains neutral....
Roberto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Roberto »

Possible i not have installed correctly the patch?.....Sorry for my english...only speak spanish :(
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Roberto,

The first picture shows where the updated 1939.scn file should be located. (1) is my base game (or vanilla game) folder ("Commander - Europe at War"), (2) is the GS expansion folder ("Grand Strategy Mod"), (3) is where the updated scenario file should be located and (4) shows what the date and time of the updated file should be.

The second picture shows where the compiled (i.e., 1939.data) scenario data file is put. CEaW - GS does this automatically. Use a text editor to open the "scnDates.asc" file. If you have the updated 1939 scenario file you should see the value circled for the 1939 entry in that file.

Finally, if you confirm all this and start a hotseat game and just click end turn then you should see a Poland DOW no later than the end of the Allied turn in September 21, 1939. It happened on the first turn as captured in the third picture below. Note that the message will say Germany declared war even though the Axis player didn't. That's ok because that is the starting condition for the 1939 scenario. However; if the Axis player allows Poland to enter this way then Polish units do not suffer the 10% efficient hit.

deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

I have downloaded the mod file fine but can't find any file called mod in the original game, or the GS file. NOt exactly sure where I am supposed to copy it to. I started off by downloading the MODs that you posted pre-slitherine release and then downloaded the slitherine version of the game as well. I have several files that are listed as CEAW or CEAWGS so not sure which one I should be looking in.
Thanks
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

deadtorius wrote:I have downloaded the mod file fine but can't find any file called mod in the original game, or the GS file. NOt exactly sure where I am supposed to copy it to. I started off by downloading the MODs that you posted pre-slitherine release and then downloaded the slitherine version of the game as well. I have several files that are listed as CEAW or CEAWGS so not sure which one I should be looking in.
Thanks
If you're not using the installer then the "Grand Strategy Mod" won't exist. If you own the Slitherine version then I suggest you give apply the mod by running the installer. You can get the installer here: http://www.slitherine.com/files/ceaw/Gr ... ansion.exe

This will create the "Grand Strategy Mod" folder for you, place the expansion there and allow you play either the standard game or Grand Strategy.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

IMPORTANT. If you're having problems with CEaW - GS freezing on startup See viewtopic.php?p=117829#117829
Roberto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Roberto »

Now Perfect!!!!!Thanks rkr1958 for explanation!.I installed yesterday the Patch in another location :( :( :( :( ....But now works perfectly!!!!!....But i have problem with the marker of Africa Supply .When move cursor on it appears the play aid but dissapears very quickly.Any comrade with same problem?........Sorry if bad explication :( :( :( ...
LarryP
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by LarryP »

After installing the beta patch the expansion would no longer go past the loading screen. I did the above from the first post and now it works fine. I have not added back any of the scenarios yet. I will wait for the hotfix.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Roberto wrote:But i have problem with the marker of Africa Supply .When move cursor on it appears the play aid but dissapears very quickly.Any comrade with same problem?........Sorry if bad explication :( :( :( ...
I have the same exact issue. It also happens on a couple of other items in that menu just left of the African Supply marker. Apparently, no one else on the test team experienced this issue so I dropped it.

We're referring to the tooltip menu bar at the top of the screen. This feature for me appears on the last three or four icons on the far right of the menu bar. The information is there and its not problem to read. However, if you mouse over the any of the last three or four icons on the far right of this bar, the definition of the icon pops up and goes away to quickly to read. However; its definition is documented in the users manual.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

LarryP wrote:After installing the beta patch the expansion would no longer go past the loading screen. I did the above from the first post and now it works fine. I have not added back any of the scenarios yet. I will wait for the hotfix.
You have chosen well. :D
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

rkr1958 wrote:
LarryP wrote:After installing the beta patch the expansion would no longer go past the loading screen. I did the above from the first post and now it works fine. I have not added back any of the scenarios yet. I will wait for the hotfix.
You have chosen well. :D
:lol:
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

GS-Hotfix (beta): http://rapidshare.com/files/319635985/2 ... HotFix.zip

This hotfix is cumulative and includes the following changes.

GS Expansion Beta Patch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This patch will NOT invalidate saved games. That means that if you apply this patch that you can load and continue to play saved games.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change Log.

12-10-2009

1. Changed the expected entry date for Poland, who is pro Allied, to 9-1-1939. If not attacked by Germany, Poland will activate at the end of the Allied turn no later than 9-29-1939. If Poland activates then the Polish units do not suffer the 10% efficiency loss. If Germany; however, declares war on Poland then all Polish units suffer an immediate efficiency loss of 10%.

2. Fixed a messaging bug where the owning player wasn't being notified when a minor ally activated on their own. The axis player was not seeing any messages when Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Finland joined the war. Similarly, the allied player wasn’t any messages when the USA and Free France activated. This is now fixed.

12-11-2009 (Hotfix)

3. Fixed a code bug that caused the game for some players to hang on startup when scenarios are loaded. For those players that experienced this bug this is a critical bug and prevented them from playing the expansion.
Last edited by rkr1958 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

Works perfect. Thank you sirs!
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

Slitherine plans to release a version update to Grand Strategy just before Christmas next week that contains all the bug fixes that we've found. This official update will include an installer and be v1.01. But if you need to patch (see change log below) before then you can get the beta patch for v1.01 at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/320391960/2 ... gy_Mod.zip

And the latest manual at: http://web.me.com/amcdonel/CEaW-GS/Down ... 1-04_1.pdf

This patch includes the hotfix patch posted above and a fix to the airfield ownership bug discussed in the Spanish Gambit AAR.

Any and all feedback on this patch or any other potential bugs would be appreciated before next week's official installer version of 1.01.

Now's the time to find and fix bugs and get those fixes into v1.01. However; we will only address bug fixes in v1.01. Hopefully no more will pop up.

GS Expansion v1.01 patch.

This patch will NOT invalidate saved games. That means that if you apply this patch that you can load and continue to play saved games.

Change Log.

12-10-2009

1. Changed the expected entry date for Poland, who is pro Allied, to 9-1-1939. If not attacked by Germany, Poland will activate at the end of the Allied turn no later than 9-29-1939. If Poland activates then the Polish units do not suffer the 10% efficiency loss. If Germany; however, declares war on Poland then all Polish units suffer an immediate efficiency loss of 10%.

2. Fixed a messaging bug where the owning player wasn't being notified when a minor ally activated on their own. The axis player was not seeing any messages when Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary or Finland joined the war. Similarly, the allied player wasn’t seeing any messages when the USA and Free France activated. This is now fixed.

12-11-2009 (Hotfix)

3. Fixed a code bug that caused the game for some players to hang on startup when scenarios are loaded. For those players this is a critical bug and prevented them from playing the expansion.

12-13-2009

4. Fixed a bug where the ownership of a airfield wasn’t changing when its adjoining fortress was captured. Ownership of the airfield now changes at the end of the first turn that the airfield is not occupied. If the airfield is occupied at the time of captured of its fortress ownership is maintained by by the occupying side until their air unit leaves the airfield. The air unit can be attacked by both the adjacent ground unit and one enemy air unit until it leaves.

5. GS version changed to 1.01 from 1.00. This changed was made in all 8 language file.

6. A number updates and edits made to the user manual.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”