Hotseat Update

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

spelk
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Hotseat Update

Post by spelk »

Just a comment, I've been running through a few turns with my brother today, hotseating it if you will. Chatting over Skype, and playing a couple of scenarios a piece. And in order to see the new submitted turns, we have to log out of the multiplayer section, and log back in, to get an update of the turn situation. I've not seen this arise previously because I've played a turn, and shut the game down. But by hotseating, we noticed that the multiplayer game status area, just doesn't update until you log out and log back in.

Is this going to be addressed with a periodic check of the multiplayer status on the servers, or has it been deemed not worth the effort, considering how little the game might be hotseated?
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

Wouldn't it be easier to play hot set by just playing the game locally with both players set as human rather than trying to do it as a multi-player game? Maybe I'm missing something but that wouldn't seem like a much simpler approach for hot seat.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
spelk

Post by spelk »

Perhaps I've used the term hotseat incorrectly there, apologies. Perhaps blitzing the turns is a better description. My brother and I are 200 miles apart so it will be difficult to play it side by side.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

All you have to do is change from one tab to another, not log in/out. It is somethign we're going to look at though - at some point!
spelk

Post by spelk »

Ah right, thanks for the info Iain. Should make these blitzing sessions a bit more swifter.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”