Impacts

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

Carrilho
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Impacts

Post by Carrilho »

Question:

In the same turn, an BG wo was already fighting with one enemy BG, its impacted simultaneously by another two enemy BGs, after resolving the first impact, the BG drop cohesion level and after resolving the second impact, the BG broke and flee; who then pursuits? the BG that broke the BG? Both BG that impacted? the 3 BGs, the one already fighting with the broken BG and the other two?
NZsam03
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Impacts

Post by NZsam03 »

Carrilho wrote:Question:

In the same turn, an BG wo was already fighting with one enemy BG, its impacted simultaneously by another two enemy BGs, after resolving the first impact, the BG drop cohesion level and after resolving the second impact, the BG broke and flee; who then pursuits? the BG that broke the BG? Both BG that impacted? the 3 BGs, the one already fighting with the broken BG and the other two?
Shouldn't you fight both impacts, and then take the cohesion test?
willb
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by willb »

All the impacts should be resolved as one combat, not sequentially.
marioslaz
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by marioslaz »

Better: each impact is resolved individually, after all combats are over, CT is taken.
Mario Vitale
willb

Post by willb »

Actually what I should have said was that the impacts are all resolved at the same time, though different factors may apply for each.
Carrilho

Post by Carrilho »

Ok, I got that I miss an important rule there: the Impact Combats are resolved at the same time, not by stages.

Thanks for the reply
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

All units that were in melee combat with an enemy will pursue if their enemy breaks, unless they are in contact with an enemy in melee besides the one that just broke. When routing from multiple enemies you split the angle between them to determine rout path. In a case like this where it seems they are surrounded they might not be able to rout/ turn due to contacting enemy units in which case they would be removed.
BlackPrince
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by BlackPrince »

I thought troops like DS and archers who break mounted enemy in melee do not have to pursue.
hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy »

BlackPrince wrote:I thought troops like DS and archers who break mounted enemy in melee do not have to pursue.
You are correct.

If a BG is fighting in close combat and the BG it is fighting breaks then the winning BG has to consider the pursuit rules which may or may not require that BG to pursue and may or may not allow the BG to pursue.
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

alas being too general in the rules... sorry you were correct

Return to “Rules Questions”