The defense of Friesland (V1.1)

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

The defense of Friesland (V1.1)

Post by Surtur »

Hi all,

Version 1.1 is out now. I am pretty pleased with the results. Please give it a try and tell me what you think.

German troops are advancing in the North of the Netherlands. It is up to you to delay their assault. The initial plan was to stop the advance at a stream before a little village. Now however, it seems that the enemy has got a flanking force ready as well. You should retreat to the village and take position there.~~Should you be able to hold the farm, then you can prevent enemy reinforcements from comming in. But you must remember to hold the victory point at the extreme opposite of the farm as well, for it brings you the much needed reinforcements.

http://rapidshare.com/files/422754942/S ... llGelb.rar

Just download the rar file and place it's contents in the C:\Users\*NAME*\Documents\My Games\BBCBA\CAMPAIGNS folder.

I await your opinion!

Surtur
Last edited by Surtur on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Version 1.0 is now available for download. add the contents of this file to the C:\Users\Surtur\Documents\My Games\BBCBA\CAMPAIGNS\FRIESLAND folder.

Please let me know if you find anything or have any feedback.

http://rapidshare.com/files/422019159/D ... and1.0.rar
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Is it single player? If so I will try it tonight.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Your files need to be in a folder, maybe named Friesland, so that they can go in the Campaigns or Multiplayer folder in My Games.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We recommend using your username as a prefix for all your campaigns, so it would be Surtur_Friesland. As has been said, zipping the whole folder simplifies the process for people who want to grab and drop the files in.

Cheers

Pip
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Not bad. Nice map. Trees too symmetrical.

SPOILER Ahead

On the left, I left the squad in the house on hold. Once the enemy approached, I picked them off one by one.

On the right, I held the line and then retreated. I put the Vickers in the bunker. Fairly easy victory.

The Wespe was deadly.

Suggest you put a ford in the river near the center woods so that the AI can cross better. The AI bunched up some units in the bend in the river and didn't seem to know what to do with them.

We need some British and French armoured cars.

Thanks for sharing.
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

The Wespe was supposed to be deadly. I wanted to simulate the backward army the Dutch had during the war.
How would that ford be placed? Or should it just be another crossing (perhaps a German created pontoon?)

About the farmhouse, in my experience, the farm got bombed by the Wespe and the morale drop caused a loss for the infantry inside so they would lose. I will play some more and perhaps add some art/armor to the flanking force. Perhaps some British armoured cars as part of the reinforcements as well.

Thank you very much for the feedback it is really appreciated.

@PIP, I will upload the next version using your logic :).
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

I updated my scenario :)
olafvik
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by olafvik »

Interesting scenario, thanks.
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

What did you think of the difficulty ?
olafvik

Post by olafvik »

Hi, Surtur, not too hard. The Germans have many troops and vehicles, but do not attack with determination and failed to reach the center of town. Entertain themselves in the woods on the left and around the bunkers even the far left. There are long paths of fire from town and germans can not reach houses so vehicles approaching fall into the infantry. Maybe some more forest or bushes around the city?. Thanks for the scenario.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

1.1 is certainly more intense.

Recommend:

Give teams points to the flags. After the farm flag, the Germans never tried to take any flags. Even the one that was unguarded on the left side of town.

Add visible messages for the reinforcements. It has been a while since I read this thread and forgot about them. I found them sitting on the road by chance.

Would you like Dutch roundels for the turn button? I can make round buttons and plain flags for the Brits.
tim1966
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by tim1966 »

I can't download the file as there is a limit of 10 downloads apparently :(
Models from Tim's Surplus Store ... Established 1966 ... Open 24/7 ... closed for TEA TIME
tim1966

Post by tim1966 »

Junk sent me the latest version (cheers mate). Really enjoyed it - very hard street fight at the end as the waves of Germans advance. I too didn't realise I had reenforcements for a while so a message would be nice.

Possibly need some more features on the map - it reflects Holland well but there's not much cover. Overall good fun and I lost so I'll play it again and see if I can win!
Models from Tim's Surplus Store ... Established 1966 ... Open 24/7 ... closed for TEA TIME
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Thanks for the feedback all!

Though through a unfortunate accident (my little cousin deleting the files :evil: :evil: ), I no longer have them here on my hard drive and the rapidshare link seems broken. I would like to improve upon it using your feedback, but I would like to ask someone to opload version 1.1 for me (how embarrassing :oops: )
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Sweet thanks!
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Send coffee and chocolate...
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

Hi guys, working on the scenario now. The cam will move to the reinforcements when they arrive, so you can't miss them anymore. Checking priorities for the AI teams and thinking of adding some more cover on the road to the town.
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

Can anyone upload this file again somewhere? I would like to play it but all 3 links state the file does not exist anymore?

TIA!

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”