Battle Cut Scenes

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

rayduhz
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Battle Cut Scenes

Post by rayduhz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:54 pm

One small, and not game changing, feature I really enjoyed about the original PG were the small cut scenes that you had during the battle between units. I turned them off when I first go the game just to make the game go faster, but as the years went by I enjoyed watching the low bit graphics fight back and forth. Will there be the same cut scenes in Panzer Corp?

uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:17 am

You mean those circular battle animations? I enjoyed them very much but finally turned them off to save on time. There are no plans to include those in PzC.

pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by pomakli » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:31 am

uran21 wrote:You mean those circular battle animations? I enjoyed them very much but finally turned them off to save on time. There are no plans to include those in PzC.
For the first or second combat that was really a good gimmick, but then I turned them too, because it's only remake!

Rhialto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rhialto » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:04 pm

uran21 wrote:You mean those circular battle animations? I enjoyed them very much but finally turned them off to save on time. There are no plans to include those in PzC.
Good. However, although cut scenes are not needed, please give due thought to combat animations. Personally I like the small sprite animations seen in CEAW that indicate a combat has occurred. I dislike games where nothing happens except a number on a counter may change. Childish perhaps, but its more satisfying to see the hex glow or units highlight or something.

pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by pomakli » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:31 am

Rhialto wrote:Childish perhaps, but its more satisfying to see the hex glow or units highlight or something.
It's definitely not childish!

If we notice that there will be a lot of combat on the scene on one turn, they all will be clearly represented with such an additional gimmick!

But not through any additional battle scenes, which are pleasing to the eye, but only for a limited time!

Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Obsolete » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:45 am

I turned them off when I first go the game just to make the game go faster,
I believe, part of those scenes were to show you how much strength was killed & surpressed.

In PG2, one had to be very quick on watching the top menu bar to catch this data. I always wished there was a log to pull up, like was added in PGF so there is no missing anything.
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Obsolete wrote:I always wished there was a log to pull up, like was added in PGF so there is no missing anything.
Panzer Corps will have this log as well.

pomakli
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by pomakli » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:13 pm

On AI's turn, when I press the L button and look the Log file, at the background the war goes on and new battles happen.

Is there a possibility to stop the AI, so that we can look the log of the last fight and then it goes again?

himmelweiss
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by himmelweiss » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:54 am

Old topic but....

The reason why PG1 was so awesome to me is because of the battle cut scenes.
I never turned them off and played through the campaign several times.

It feels quite static & boring if you just see numbers decreasing or an simple explosion effect on the map.

just my 2 cents..

however, it's too late now to include battle cut scenes i guess :O

lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 am

The battle scenes are now on the field as the unit icons will have, animations, graphic and sound effects. At the moment we use some old placeholders, but we are working on some really cool stuff... :wink:

himmelweiss

Post by himmelweiss » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:26 pm

cool stuff is always welcome :p

deadtorius
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by deadtorius » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:47 am

I like some of the effects you guys have put on so far, the splashing water during naval battles is a really nice touch, keep up the good work :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”