AAR (Army Group Center) - 1941

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

AAR (Army Group Center) - 1941

Post by Obsolete »

Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

23 turns total in our first scenario. However, instead of waiting until the last turn (like I always do), I will see about trying to blast my way through in order to try and make sure I get a decisive victory, that way I should be taken to a campaign tree with more added variety.

Our current weather for today is clear, though tomorrow we have a strong possibility for cloud cover.

Current units shown are from the strategic map. They show our units currently in the field, and what we currently SEE from our opponent. Right now I’m still debating on what to purchase, I have 2123 prestige left, but only two unit slots for our core. I will decide soon on what to get, but I don’t want to make a mistake and realize I needed more air power too late.

I am tempted to focus more on artillery for my purchases, and thought I’d show this auxiliary unit which is already in the field ‘Karl-Gerat’. To be honest, I feel it’s way over priced, and too limited in movement/re-arming so I’m very unlikely to buy one of these, but if they gave me one as an aux for this map, then I’m not really complaining.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I consider this map to consist of a north group, and a southern in relation to my forces. Things have done decent my first turn, but not sure what is going to pounce on me before the next.

I’ve taken a screenshot of events for the south. I mauled up some artillery around these parts, and even in the north I eliminated at least one infantry unit.

I also noticed my starting aircraft in this scenario actually come with experience, though I will probably be too busy the next few turns, that I won’t be able to overstrength them for a while.

A couple of my infantry are not on a river which could end up painful. I added an artillery behind one for support, and at least one of our infantry is just an auxiliary unit, so who cares if he ends up missing :P

I am now very eager to try out my new two war-toys that arrived.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I did indeed lose a unit during the enemy turn. A light tank has been destroyed. I am not concerned though, considering there is no over-run capability here, I do not see them as useful units until Tigers, Panthers, and Kings start to come along (my opinion). Good news is it allows another core slot to open up so I can purchase another Wurf (haha!)

Good news and bad news in regards to enemy air. My fighters are out-numbered 5-to-3 so far. I decided to pounce on the weakest of the soviet air first, but then noticed an enemy bomber. So I re-changed my plan and knocked out the bomber first, and then took my last fighter to hit the weakest enemy fighter. Since my units have decent experience, the combat results show for themself.

I am hoping I won't have to purchase any fighters until Wolfs come along.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Some more air battles have occurred, but one thing that's holding up my lines in the south is that damned fortress just doesn't want to crumble yet.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Well now, that fort certainly is putting up a tuff struggle. Turn 4, and she still hasn't given up.

Up above, a MiG seems to have survived through a triple-pounce. At least I severely crippled him. Once the allied air is destroyed, I'll be able to relentlessly free up my bombers. For the moment I'm keeping them well hidden and overstrengthening them.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

After finishing turn #5, I upgraded to a newer beta. Seems our saves are still compatible so we push on. The problem is, I can't quite remember anymore what happened last turn-set. Oh well.

Some interesting news is that there were more unit changes, and additions. So I may get to test out some new stuff, on the other hand, I noticed that the Wurfs have been quite reduced in price. Now I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ripped off! Well, that's Murphy's Law for you...

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I lost another unit, which is fine sine I practically did it on purpose :P

In its place, I have purchased a new infantry unit, complete with a luxorious Benz for those long-drive travels (wink). I feel these paratroopers are one of the best units in the game, within their unit-class.

Oh yes, and you can see the newly added indicators for low ammo. No more nasty surprises for me in finding out at the wrong moment of assault that I have no bullets left!

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Looks like one of my fighters ran out of fuel on T-#7.

It's all ok though, he was able to safely reach the airport before anything BAD happened.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

We've had another loss, and bought a new replacement. Usually I'm not too fond of scouts, but since I don't want to focus too much on air-power at this time, I won't complain.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Oh dear, we came very close to using a precious bomber here. Two fighters pounced out of the blue and mauled up that Ju pretty good.

It's mostly my fault, I knew there were two Russian fighters about somewhere, but hadn't seen them in a while so I had theorized they had been put out of commission or something.

I just don't know now where I will get the prestige to bring it up to health now, while still keeping its elite status.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Well what do you know, after a turn of capturing some victory hexes, and butchering up the enemy a bit, I got enough prestige to get some replacements through...

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

If I want to get a decisive, I'm going to have to start pushing it even more. It is rather unfortunate that the fort from earlier caused me such a hold-up.

In any case, I purchased yet another scout, so I can try to start hammering at the northern part of the map as well. There were three choices to chose from, and I believe this one to be the best.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Nothing too exciting on turn 12. I did shoot down what I hope to be the last of the Russian fighters. The only new thing I've done this turn was to move one of my grenadiers from the rear up closer to the front through the railway system.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I have not been much a fan of StuGs in this game, but since I don't have money to burn, and I'm behind schedule, I decided to grab a copy for now.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Hmm, it would appear that if the enemy wants to keep tempting fate by moving into a river... I will eventually show him what happens.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Our last theory, has currently been proven.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Who would have thought I'd get so much use out of these recon units? I'm even delivering the 1-2 hit leap-frog punches, and forcing the opposition to get their feet wet again.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I feel this is my last turn to get a decisive victory, so I had to get a little creative here.

Now you see why I purchased the best kind of transport for my paratrooper earlier.

Didn't have enough movement range to take the last strategic hex by foot, but I was able to load and move and then take control of the city, and even THEN still be able to attack and kill a unit, all in the same turn. I feel like I just pulled off an over-run here :p

Though unfortunately I missed my target when shooting, and he ended up hitting me back!

Son of a...

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

A great post, just keep in mind the pictures have been photoshoped a bit, mostly for the addition of text and drawings. :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”