Units Randomly Switching Directions

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

AgentX
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Units Randomly Switching Directions

Post by AgentX »

I updated to .999 beta and noticed a strange bug. Units are not always staying in their correct orientation: Axis facing right and Allies pointing left. Sometimes my units are just facing the wrong way for some reason. Also, occasionally I'll attack an enemy unit with artillery and it faces towards me (since I'm attacking from the right), but then stays that way after the attack is over. So far, it seems to be random, but I'll see once I have witnessed more instances of the strange behavior.
Acererak
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Acererak »

Also experienced this with some airplane (after destroying am enemy bomber)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

In 0.999 units change facing according to what they are doing. E. g. you attack enemy to the left from you - unit turns left. You move unit to the left - it turns left. After unit's turn is finished, it keeps its last orientation. We think that this behavior is more natural when combined with sliding movement and combat animations, and also, this helps a lot in scenarios like Germany, where allies attack from two sides, and one of the groups is always "backwards".

Any opinions on this change are very much welcome.
AgentX

Post by AgentX »

Here are two examples. First one, planes are randomly pointing in different directions. They didn't attack any air units, only land ones. The other one, an infantry is pointing the wrong way and hasn't moved or attacked, yet. I don't think this outcome was the intention. Just kind of disorienting at first. On the second picture, I thought an enemy infiltrated my rear line. I guess it looks the most peculiar (like in the first photo) when a large group takes part in an attack and your units are pointed in both directions.

mllange
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Different directions

Post by mllange »

This does feel strange at first. I'll play a while longer to see how it grows on me before passing judgement.
grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by grabbysnatch »

I noticed this when I almost attacked one of my own planes, but I got used to it and i think it does feel more right this way.
Panzer3L
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Panzer3L »

A "Unit point to" -switch/toggle would be nice.

ON:Units stay in the direction of their last action
OFF:Units turn back to their intitial direction after a combat/moving action.

I'd prefer the OFF switch setting.

2cents
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Thx guys, we are listening. Any more opinions on this matter?
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I like it. I would even like to see units be able to turn in 360 degrees, one day far away. :)
OmegaMan1
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by OmegaMan1 »

I like it. I would even like to see units be able to turn in 360 degrees, one day far away.
Sounds to me like you're looking forward to Panzer Corps: Star General. 8)

And I agree also, a toggle switch for unit facing would be a good feature. (Although I do like how the unit facing currently is set.)
AgentX

Post by AgentX »

Toggle switch is a great idea as I'm sure some people like the new orientation and some prefer the older style.

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”