WW1 Cambrai Single Player campaign and Multi player battles

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

tim1966
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

WW1 Cambrai Single Player campaign and Multi player battles

Post by tim1966 »

now available for download.

The campaign consists of 6 single player battles based on the British attack at Cambrai in November 1917. A battle my Great Grandfather took part in as a member of the 62nd West Riding Division.
Download the files and unzipped them into My Documents/My Games/BBCBA/Campaigns for single player and My Documents/My Games/BBCBA/Multiplayer for the multiplayer battles.

Download the single player campaign here - Cambria Single player

Download the multi player battles here - Cambria Multi player

Here's a couple of screenshots.

Just a couple of points to note when playing - tanks can't cross trenches and are unreliable, mortars and HMGs can move, squads are now 8 men (except of half squads! :? )

Big thanks to Rich and Pete for testing, help and advice and the usual suspects here - Pip, Iain, J2D, Merr - hope I haven't missed anyone.

Let me know what you think and any improvements you can see particularly in the MP battles. Enjoy :D
Models from Tim's Surplus Store ... Established 1966 ... Open 24/7 ... closed for TEA TIME
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

Awesome Tim !!

Hey ... You might be able to develop a carryover camp ... Perhaps using Amaris' random map technique. If he's designing it the way I think he is, you can adjust the front line trenches for each subsequent scenario based on objectives captured in the previous scenario 8) .

Well done!
gollummen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by gollummen »

Great!
I have been waiting for new maps for the WW1 mod.
Can´t wait to try them.
Richcat
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Richcat »

Bloody well done old chap! :D
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Looks fantastic - seems like WW1 is a pretty popular setting, especially with these great scenarios.

Well done that man! ;)

Cheers

Pip
Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks Tim. It may be 1:30am, but I am going to at least check it out. Way to go.
maximvs
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by maximvs »

The link doesn't seem to be working for the single player version (I've not tried the multiplayer one).
tim1966

Post by tim1966 »

I've just tried it now and it works.
Models from Tim's Surplus Store ... Established 1966 ... Open 24/7 ... closed for TEA TIME
maximvs

Post by maximvs »

Got it now, thanks Tim
Lynz
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Lynz »

Great addition to a very addictive game. Thanks Tim. :D
OldManRick
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by OldManRick »

Started playing the "Das Ringen um Bourlon" multiplayer. There are no victory squares, no time limit and no stated victory conditions. Is this intended? Does this make it a fight to the death? Or is this just WW1? :wink:
random27
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by random27 »

Thanks a lot i will try it immediatly.
freddyboy
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by freddyboy »

HI NEWCOMER TO GAME JUST DISCOVERED THIS CAMPAIGN, WHAT A TREAT GREAT WORK . ONE HAS TO ASK WHY IT IS NOT IN THE DOWNLOAD FOLDER? HAVE YOU ANY MORE PLANNED
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Definitely - I must have missed this one. If Tim is happy to, I will add it immediately! We tend not to add campaigns to the download page without the author's OK, in case they want more playtesting before releasing it more widely.

Cheers

Pip
tim1966

Post by tim1966 »

I'm very happy for it to be added to the download page. I think it just got lost after it first came out. I've been buried by real life so no plans for more campiagns but if anyone wants to use the teams etc to make scanerios/campaigns I'm more than happy :D

The multiplayer don't have victory points etc as I was unsure how to do them - so yes they are just a fight to the death I'm afraid.
stevenbird
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by stevenbird »

Hi, i was wondering when the cambrai campaign will be added to the download section within the game?

Thanks
Steve
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Was going to be yesterday, so hopefully today. Ran into some memory fun on the iPad which sucked me in. :)

Cheers

Pip
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Uploaded - watch for the bouncing buttons. ;)

Hope everyone enjoys these awesome missions. Tim will definitely get a mention in dispatches!

Cheers

Pip
yamamoto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: WW1 Cambrai Single Player campaign and Multi player batt

Post by yamamoto »

I really like what you have done. Many thanks.
I think the games are imcomplete as they are..as you mentioned that you don't know how to add objectives and time limits. It would be awesome if you had someone do that for you. I would give it a try if no experienced player has the time for it.

Thanks
yamamoto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: WW1 Cambrai Single Player campaign and Multi player batt

Post by yamamoto »

Hello Tim_1966

Thank you for your PM regarding my completing your great work on the CAMBRAI scenarios. As I mentioned in my PM I have been working on the scenarios and I'm happy to let you know that they are now ready.

I have opened a thread on this forum regarding the updated scenarios asking for play testers to give them a go and provide suggestions to improve for version 1 next month. After some play testing I will make update them once more and then make them available for everyone of the forum.

Once again, thank you for your great work on the Cambrai scenarios. I hope you will try them and provide me with some suggestions. I took some liberty with the scenario introductory text. Contact me with further suggestions.

Thank you

On Desktop YAMAMOTO, ON IPAD EROMMEL

:D

Return to “Battle Academy”