Multi move bug?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

CrimsonStorm
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Multi move bug?

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Playing Barbarossa, have the Auxillary 20th SdKfz 232 8Rad recon unit on hex 7,7 at the start of the turn. He has a green move arrow and a red attack cross.

If I want to move him North East he can reach hex 13,2.

I move him 5 hexes to 12,9 and he loses the green arrow but his movable hexes still show as 8, meaniong he can now reach 14,3.

I move him to 14,3 then to 22,6, then 27,9 and so on finally ending in 40,16. All in the same turn. I can reload and repeat this. I can move another unit correctly then come back to this unit and move it all the way back down the map.

I've got supply turned off so I don't know if I would run out fuel.

Print Screen doesn't seem to work and I don't have Fraps. Any other way I can send this in? Maybe email the save file?
KageToraUK
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by KageToraUK »

I am not sure if this is a bug or not - I know that recon units do get multiple moves.

It just happened in my multiplayer game (Hylan Valley). Opening move, my opponent took most of the flags on the map, then when I tried to take them back next move, I noticed no-one was there - in any of them. Then my own recon took most of the flags back. I don't remember recon being infinitely unlimited in beta - or was it?
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

A recon with 8 move should be able to move 4..then spend 1 to reactivate and move 3

Or move 2, move 2, move 2...still a max of 8 (with 2 spent reactivating)...it definitely shouldn't be infinite
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

No comments from any mods or staff? :(
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Let us wait and see what the devs might have to say.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Sounds like a bug to me. For the life of me, I could not recreate it though. Even with 'Turbo Units' Cheat turned on, the recon car doesn't get to move as far as you are describing, and certainly not all in one turn.

A few questions before you email that save file.
Where are all the Russian units? If you go from 7,7 to 12,9 to 14,3 to 22,6 then 27,9 and finally 40,16, you should have encountered a plethora of Russian units that would have stopped you with their ZOC or an ambush.

Do all your
SdKfz 232 8Rad recon unit
behave in this manner? CORE, AUX, different map, same map?

Does this recon car behave this way in every following turn?
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

Would it help to say that in our Hylan MP battle, fog of war was off, meaning we could see each other's units anyway and could easily drive around forever without bumping into anyone?
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

Yep every turn.

The Ruskies were everywhere...but its a recon car..so I just moved step by step through the ZOC. I didn't list every stop point between 27,9 and 40,16 (call me lazy), but the first 4 moves were all single moves.

I've just started Kiev...purchased a 232 for my core force, deployed it and moved it about 30 hexes in 1 go. I can send you a save file in turn 1 with my nice new speedster in hex 29,29

Factors that could affect it: General, No supply, No Weather, FOW on. FOW cheat enabled. No turbo cheat (didn't know there was one)

Reloaded my start save (ie before any deployment) and bought a 232 and a 231 6rad. Deployed them and started turn 1....guess what- they both do it and I can switch back and forth between them without any issues.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Sound to me like a modded or somehow altered equipment file.
When I pump my recon car speed to 225 in the equipment file, I can easily recreate the behavior you are seeing.
In game, press F7 and bring up the expanded unit details panel.

Where I see '8' right under '145' what do you see?

Also, go to where you installed PzC, for me it's:
C:\Games\Panzer Corps\Data
Open
equipment.pzeqp
with any text editor (notepad will do)
Then copy paste line 45 here on the forums.
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

8 wheeled for the 231 and 8 half tracked for the 232. Playing the full campaign and never downloaded anything since purchase.

Don't have space for an image upload I'm afraid and the add image to post link seems to fail :(
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Well I'm certain there's some form of corruption or change in your equipment file. When I change the movement speed of the recon car, I can replicate what you are experiencing to a T.

Any changes made to the equipment file will not affect saved game or multiplayer games, so that save file will forever have that super speed recon car.

Start a new scenario of Barbarossa in hot seat, does it still move infinitely? If so, reinstall PzC, that should restore your equipment file to it's uncorrupted/initial state. After you uninstall and reinstall, that should definitely kill your bug.

In the meantime, you can send that save file to
rudankort@rsdn.ru

Something caused your recon car to have a movement speed greater than 8, and that's what is causing the behavior you see.
CrimsonStorm

Post by CrimsonStorm »

New hotseat Barbarossa and the 232 still does it.

Started a Hotseat Germany West....and the US M8 does it as well!

It doesn't have a move greater than 8...it has an infinite move in segments of 8 hexes...ie I can't move 10 hexes in 1 go, I have to move 8 then 2.

Test save file from Kiev sent.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

That may be something else entirely then. If you want to try to fix it on your own, I recommend an uninstall/reinstall. We'll take a look at that save file in the meantime. Sounds more like a problem/change to with recon units and their governing rules than movement, if it also affects the M8.
Sebastiansc
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Sebastiansc »

sory but this bug hapen when suply is off...
you can mowe recon unit in endless
AgentX
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by AgentX »

Yep, confirmed this bug happens when Supply is turned off. I was just able to repeat it on Barbarossa.
Panzer Corps Beta Tester
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Ahh, and so it is. Thanks Sebastiansc, good find. :D
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Multi move bug?

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Just wondering.. was this ever fixed?
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw

Return to “Panzer Corps”