Panzer Corps v1.01 Available!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Panzer Corps v1.01 Available!

Post by IainMcNeil »

We are pleased to announce that the 1.01 patch for Panzer Corps is now available! To continue using multiplayer you will need to update.

You can download the update from :
http://www.slitherine.com/files/panzer_ ... e-v101.exe

Changes in v1.01
===============================

New features
- "Restart Scenario" option from in game menu
- Window mode from in game menu
- Editor : Reinforcements are configured in unit details popup. Use "Edit trigger" button.
- Editor : AI actions are configured on the Actions tab in Edit->Scenario Params screen. Use "Add AI Action" to create an action that will dynamically change AI behavior.

Technical issues fixed:
- PBEM : Some MP games getting "dead" (the game freezes when trying to load the game).
Note: Existing "dead" games should load with 1.01 too. However, some of such existing games may not be able to show replay of the opponent's turn.
- PBEM : Claim button does not work
- SE units cannot be deployed if deployed last.
- Units with zero ammunition still contribute as mass attackers.
- Forts can be upgraded and given transports.
- On a joint rail/naval port, it is possible to load infinite naval transports under certain conditions.
- Turning supply off allows recon units to move an unlimited amount of hexes.
- Multiple ranged leaders allows half tracks to engage in range combat.
- Recon units with some remaining moves are not indicated with arrow and included in next unit sequence
- Hidden ground units stop moving ships, and vice versa
- Under certain circumstances the AI can assume control of player's units
- A lot of other minor issues (strings, cosmetics etc.)

Graphics/sfx issues fixed
- KV-2 has wrong icon
- Stuka D has wrong icon
- M12 GMC has wrong movement sound
- On ultra high-resolution screens (like 1980x1200) game setup and main screens have horizontal lines
- Italy-Sicily crossing not indicated in any way

Scenario issues fixed
- Stalingrad victory conditions are wrong
- A lot of other minor issues (strings, cosmetics etc.)

Scenario, equipment game rule balancing
========================================================================================

Kursk scen
----------
Corrected spelling Ponyn to Ponyri
Balaton scen
------------
Two IS-2 tanks replaced for two T-34/85
Added custom strings for Lake Balaton tiles

Bagration
---------
Five IS-2 tanks replaced for seven T-34-85
Initial prestige for Axis increased for 200p
Per turn prestige for Axis increased for 30p
Fixed victory conditions for stand alone mode, Axis victory if all Allied units are killed

Sealion 40
----------
London strenghten with two HW infantry, one paratrooper and one artillery

Germany (West)
--------------
Increase in Allied air force
Two P-51D, one P-47D, one Meteor
Added 4 Free French infantry
Fixed victory conditions for stand alone mode, Axis victory if all Allied units are killed

Germany
-------
Added three Free French infantry

Germany (East)
--------------

Moscow 43
---------
Soviet defense strenghten with 10 auxiliary strongpoints

Gustav Line
-----------
Scenario parameters changed from 9 days per turn to 8 days per turn
Core units for Allies set to 48 instead of 34
Allied force strengthned with 2 Free French infantry,
2 HW British, 1 British Engineer, US Rangers, 2 Recons and
3 Artillery

Italy
-----
Added "OR" condition for campaign. Decisive victory if all Allied units are killed

Overlord
--------

Stalingrad
----------
Fixed victory conditions

e-file
------
-Addition of Free French changing equipment depending on year
-SA+2 for machine gun mounted fighting vehicles (M20 LAC, BA-64, Dingo, Matilda I)
-British, Soviet, US forces got late engineers with small adjustments to early ones
-Increased defense: Comet I, Challanger (A30), Sherman Firefly, Achilles, Archer, Nashorn, Marder IIA, Marder IID, Marder IIIH, Marder IIIM, SU-76
-Reduced initiative for AA, -1 light, -2 medium, -3 heavy
-88 reduced AA when in anti tank mode
-M3 Halftrack got "passive" air attack
-increased AD for hard target land transport

Early engineers replaced with late ones on following maps:
----------------------------------------------------------
-Kursk
-Moscow 43
-Bagration
-Balaton
-Germany (East)
-Germany (West)
-Germany
-Ardennes
-Overlord
-Gustav Line
-Italy
-USA East Coast

Gamerules
---------
Low altitude penalty -5 instead of -6
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks!
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

Thanks, will download as soon as I've finished my current campaign!
Khayyin
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Khayyin »

Thanks for the patch.
I have a question. Does the patch change allready started campaigns? Because I was stuck at the Bagration mission. So if I load the game are the changes in there or do i have to restart the entire campaign?

And does it influence PBEM games in progress?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Khayyin wrote:Thanks for the patch.
I have a question. Does the patch change allready started campaigns? Because I was stuck at the Bagration mission. So if I load the game are the changes in there or do i have to restart the entire campaign?
I think it's better to start a new campaign, or finished the one and patch after it.
During the beta testing we were advised to start a new campaign, when a new beta was released.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Some changes will kick in immediately, others when you start a new map. To get all changes you need to start a new campaign. It is fully backwards compatible so no reason not to upgrade and continue your games.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

iainmcneil wrote:Some changes will kick in immediately, others when you start a new map. To get all changes you need to start a new campaign. It is fully backwards compatible so no reason not to upgrade and continue your games.
Thanks for correcting.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

In the beta we wanted you to start new games so we could be sure all feedback was on the changed data set. It would have worked with old saves but it would be hard to know if data bugs were fixed :)
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

iainmcneil wrote:Some changes will kick in immediately, others when you start a new map. To get all changes you need to start a new campaign. It is fully backwards compatible so no reason not to upgrade and continue your games.
I'm still gonna wait, just incase
as unlikely as it is to break my campaign I just don't want to take the chance with only 2 more scenarios to go!
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

It makes sense.
TJD
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by TJD »

Is there some reason you offer the update as a standalone .exe rather than have players use the in-game update feature? I'm using the latter and am downloading as I write, hope that's not going to be a problem.

Thanks,

Tim
edahl1980

Re: Panzer Corps v1.01 Available!

Post by edahl1980 »

iainmcneil wrote:
Bagration
---------
Five IS-2 tanks replaced for seven T-34-85
Initial prestige for Axis increased for 200p
Per turn prestige for Axis increased for 30p
Awww come on, i cannot believe you guys "gave in" to a few noobs who thought the game was to difficult because the King Tiger force wasnt plowing through the enemy for a change.....
Doesnt matter if you had added 20 T-34's, they all bounce off a king tiger.
Bagration is the destruction of army group center..... Well, it was.
Byeohazard
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Byeohazard »

TJD wrote:Is there some reason you offer the update as a standalone .exe rather than have players use the in-game update feature? I'm using the latter and am downloading as I write, hope that's not going to be a problem.

Thanks,

Tim
I tried using the downloader but it was sloooooooooow. The standalone is comming to me much more quickly. Rapping up some games and should be looking foreward to getting together for a game soon! I've been practicin'!
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: Panzer Corps v1.01 Available!

Post by Kerensky »

TigerIII wrote: Awww come on, i cannot believe you guys "gave in" to a few noobs who thought the game was to difficult because the King Tiger force wasnt plowing through the enemy for a change.....
Doesnt matter if you had added 20 T-34's, they all bounce off a king tiger.
Bagration is the destruction of army group center..... Well, it was.
Heh, you sound like you play WoW. ;)
We had to appease the general crowd because their complaints were valid. For us hardcores, you can always play on the expanded difficulty settings. Just like Heroic Mode in WoW. lol

Besides, we're not done with the T34-85, not by a long shot.
IronFist00
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by IronFist00 »

Was their any tweak to the Random Number Generator?
Danzig
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Danzig »

Have just installed the patch and I was now able to download one of the Norway scenarios that had frozen in MP and to continue the game and opload it again :)

Unfortunately, when I tried the Sealion 42 game that had also fronzen in MP, the game startet up in one of the Norway savegames instead... and I could see all units on the map.
Just a warning, if you try to continue MP games from v1.00 and install the v1.01!

It is not a big issue for us, we will just start up new MP games with v1.01 instead
spoiled996
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by spoiled996 »

When you download the link above, does it go ahead and update everything it needs to, or do we need to move things into files and such? Also will it wipe out add on maps, like zitimor MP, and Danzig, etc...
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

spoiled996 wrote:When you download the link above, does it go ahead and update everything it needs to, or do we need to move things into files and such? Also will it wipe out add on maps, like zitimor MP, and Danzig, etc...
It will only replace the original files. When you run it will update everything it needs.
So if you've custom mad scenarios, it won't replace them.
Campaign and mods, that might be a different matter. In that case begin to consider to use Generic Mod Enabler.
Lynz
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Lynz »

Byeohazard wrote:
TJD wrote:Is there some reason you offer the update as a standalone .exe rather than have players use the in-game update feature? I'm using the latter and am downloading as I write, hope that's not going to be a problem.

Thanks,

Tim
I tried using the downloader but it was sloooooooooow. The standalone is comming to me much more quickly. Rapping up some games and should be looking foreward to getting together for a game soon! I've been practicin'!
Yes the downloader is as slow as a wet week for me also. I used a third party downloader - Orbit - and got it in 2 and and a half minutes.
Obsolete
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Obsolete »

Well I had so much going on here, I couldn't pay too much attention to the dl speed.

Nice thing with this patch is you can clean up those 100&1 games waiting on your OPPONENT'S side that are never going to be finished. Now... if only the game RANKINGS could be auto included in the forum stats or somewhere, I have a feeling a lot less of those games would have been abandoned by opponents... Hint Hint :P
Experience Ratio = (def exp level + 2)/(att exp level + 2)
Entrenchment Ratio = (def entr rate + 1) /(att entr rate + 1)

Return to “Panzer Corps”