Real Sound Mod

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Does your Panzer Corps folder structure look something like this:
It might not have all the mods this one has but it must be Panzer Corps\[GME folder - yours might be called MODS]\name of mod\normal Panzer Corps folder structure
jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy »

Holy Toledo, Batman (El Condoro)!!! :shock: I think you hit the nail on the head! My folder structure is "Panzer Corps\MODS\PG Classical Mod\" followed by just the folders that came with the mods! So do I manually create the same Panzer Corps folder structure for each and every mod? Do I need to drag-and-drop all files in all the Panzer Corps folder into its relevant folder eg. "Video", "Library", "Patches", "UI", etc? Was the "custom" folder in your screenshot there all along? Thanks!!! I'm at work now and will check it out when I get back home tonight! Much appreciated.

I do recall VPaulus mentioning about replicating the exact folder structure but it didn't sink into my head. I thought GME would automatically place the relevant folders for me.
AgentX
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by AgentX »

jaggy wrote:Holy Toledo, Batman (El Condoro)!!! :shock: I think you hit the nail on the head! My folder structure is "Panzer Corps\MODS\PG Classical Mod" followed by just the folders that came with the mods! So do I manually create the same Panzer Corps folder structure for each and every mod? Do I need to drag-and-drop all files in all the Panzer Corps folder into its relevant folder eg. "Video", "Library", "Patches", "UI", etc? Was the "custom" folder in your screenshot there all along? Thanks!!! I'm at work now and will check it out when I get back home tonight! Much appreciated.

I do recall VPaulus mentioning about replicating the exact folder structure but it didn't sink into my head. I thought GME would automatically place the relevant folders for me.
@jaggy, no, you don't need all the PC files and folders; it just needs to follow the same folder structure. Notice in El Condoro's example, the Real Sound Mod only has two folders: Audio and Graphics. None of the other files and folders are needed. With the PG Classic Mod, there should be three folders: Data, Graphics and UI.
Panzer Corps Beta Tester
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@jaggy
AgentX answered well, as usual.
But I had already told you, that the mods weren't correctly installed.
Now, don't we have a lot of nice people here, who are always helping each other?! ;)
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

To VPaulus, El Condoro, AgentX, et al. Thanks!:

Hi, all. (Cap in hand) As some of you have already realised, I goofed up my installation of Panzer Corps. The game itself ended up in a subfolder "F:\Panzer Corps\Panzer Corps". :shock: Dragged-and-dropped Rezaf's mod into the folder and no wonder the Generic Module Enabler couldn't run it. El Condoro, many thanks for the screenshot of your installation, it helped me sort out my mistake. I've reinstalled Panzer Corp correctly now but it was so late at night, I had to hit the sack. Will be installing all the mods PGCM, HI, RSM, when I get home tonight. I'm pretty confident that it should work, I'll post when I get PGCM running. Many thanks to all in this community for their help and advice, its deeply appreciated.
rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf »

Actually, my installation was messed up the same way when I first installed. And then again when I did a reinstall to use 1.01.
It's just the Matrix installer thingy that's STUPID, it suggests something like C:\Programs...\Panzer Corps, but when you point it to, say c:\Games\Panzer Corps instead, it'll install to C:\Games\Panzer Corps\Panzer Corps.
Had to use regedit to resolve the situation.
Matrix engineer responsible for these installers: No cookie for you today!
_____
rezaf
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay!
My, oh my what a wonderful day!

Hi, All! Just installed all these mods PGCM, HI, RSM to Panzer Corps 1.02 via GME! As you can see from all the exclaimation marks, I've finally got Panzer General Classic Mod up and running. Started new game and lo and behold, a different Poland map! When I log off I plan to put VPaulus' new PGCM Campaign Menu image via GME. Can't wait to try this campaign out!

Rezaf, sorry for any anxiety caused regarding your campaign when I botched the mod installation. VPaulus, thanks for your patience in guiding me to see the light at the end of the tunnel (admittedly a tunnel I created myself!), El Condoro for posting the screenshot that helped this muddled brain. And anybody else who chipped in. There is a God after all!!!

I'm trying to resist the temptation of playing multiple campaigns, nikivdd's Italian Campaign, A Long War, German Campaign, Red Dawn, etc, etc and the DLCs' are just 2 weeks away!
aleader
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by aleader »

Been trying this with the Red Dawn mod, but every time I try to move a Bridge Eng unit it crashes the game. Seem to recall a fix for this somewhere?
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

I tested this a minute ago with the following mods enabled, in order: Historical Insignia, Red Dawn, Sounds. It all worked fine. Do you have any other mods loaded? Which bridging unit is giving you problems? I used the opening scenario and moved the bridging unit in front of Remagen.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

aleader wrote:Been trying this with the Red Dawn mod, but every time I try to move a Bridge Eng unit it crashes the game. Seem to recall a fix for this somewhere?
Sorry.
You need to update the mod to version 0.51. It's in the first post.
aleader
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by aleader »

Unloaded the sound mod, re-did the copy and replace and reloaded the mod in JSGME. Now it doesn't crash, but instead there is no sound for the bridge units. All the other unit sounds seem to work. This is with the 1.02 patch applied. Any ideas?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I thought that I had already dealt definitely with that problem.
It seems I was wrong.
Sorry for all the inconveniences.
Here are the hotfixes:
Hotfix 0.51a for Mp3 version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20891842 ... ___MP3_zip
Hotfix 0.51a for Wav version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20891856 ... ___WAV_zip

Thanks for reporting, aleader.
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

Hi, VPaulus. For the default Panzer Corps campaigns, can I turn on these mods in this order?

1) AT&AA mod
2) Historical Insignia
3) Real Sound Mod

Thanks in advance.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I've never tried with AT&AA Mod. But Razz has already said that is the correct order.

Don't forget to use the new hotfix RSM's hotfix in last place.
aleader
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by aleader »

Installed it, works now. Thanks. Sounds are much better with this mod.
VPaulus wrote:I thought that I had already dealt definitely with that problem.
It seems I was wrong.
Sorry for all the inconveniences.
Here are the hotfixes:
Hotfix 0.51a for Mp3 version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20891842 ... ___MP3_zip
Hotfix 0.51a for Wav version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20891856 ... ___WAV_zip

Thanks for reporting, aleader.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

aleader wrote:Installed it, works now. Thanks. Sounds are much better with this mod.
Thanks, aleader. I would like to have more feedback.
Glad to know you like the mod. Stay tuned because will add more sounds in the future.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

I normally play with my speakers muted but I played with the RSM on yesterday and was very surprised by how good it is. The one that really made me smile was when I moved an SE Tiger I and heard the crew singing (Horst Wessel song?) nice touch. :)
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Gee... it's about time you tried our sound mod.

After all the hard work, its great to hear you are now an active listener.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

El_Condoro wrote:I normally play with my speakers muted but I played with the RSM on yesterday and was very surprised by how good it is. The one that really made me smile was when I moved an SE Tiger I and heard the crew singing (Horst Wessel song?) nice touch. :)
Actually is not Worst Wessel lied. It's the Panzer lied. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lh6NUaXx6I
Initially we plan to use Erika, but then, it would be to SS. So the choice ended up being Panzer lied.
It's more related with Panzer Corps, after all.
Every SS unit has different parts of the lied.
I was thinking in doing the same thing with the Soviets with the Katyusha units. Maybe we'll add it one day.
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

VPaulus wrote:I've never tried with AT&AA Mod. But Razz has already said that is the correct order.

Don't forget to use the new hotfix RSM's hotfix in last place.
Ok, VPaulus, thanks. I over-wrote the RSM with the hotfix as I didn't want to have too many mods in GME.

Only managed to install the RSM recently, so didn't have a chance to sample the sounds. Overall a very good piece of work but the firing sounds for the Wehrmacht Inf sounded very muted, more like pop guns. Don't mean to criticise, just feedback. Anyway, I'm planning to overwrite this particular sound with the original sound. Thanks for the RSM. Will you be adding new sounds in the future?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”