Stalingrad still bugged

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Stalingrad still bugged

Post by deducter »

I was playing Stalingrad in 1.01 beta2, I had captured the three victory cities in the Caucasus and and only one of the victory hexes in Stalingrad itself, but I got a DV victory. I still had Astrakhan and two victory hexes left to capture.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I didn't try or reconfigure Stalingrad myself so I can't confirm this.

Did you start a new campaign when you reached Stalingrad, or were you continuing an existing one?
asrn
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by asrn »

I had played Stalingrad and captured 'everything' but only got a LOSS (axis surrenders) result. (At least that is what I think it said, since the sript lettering was so hard to read)
ASRN
deducter

Post by deducter »

This Stalingrad mission was from a 1939 campaign I started under 1.01 beta v2.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

That's why. You used a saved game.
monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by monkspider »

This is a campaign that I started under beta version 3, it wasn't a saved game imported from an older beta. i intentionally tried to capture several of the objectives with minor Axis nations to see if the bug would still trigger and, lo and behold, it did.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4lj1dh
uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

It take more time than anticipated to find bug in Stalingrad victory conditions because it was not in how victory conditions were written.
It was present in beta3 but fixed in patch.
jkile
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Stallingrad???

Post by jkile »

I just finished this senario in 1939 campaign and again says Axis surrenders after capturing all but the 2 cities thru mountains down near where
allied ships come from!!! What is this??? This is very (a thousand verys) frustrating. HOW DO YOU WIN THIS senario??? Please make the thing clearer or fix the bug. Since the patches have come out this has been messed up & is making not want to continue playing, and probally won't
until I see things change via this forum. I'm tired of spending hours palying only to be foiled by some bug.
jkile
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Stallingrad

Post by jkile »

The above post was with a entirely new '39 campaign w/newest patch.
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Stallingrad???

Post by Molve »

jkile wrote:I'm tired of spending hours palying only to be foiled by some bug.
Just before you lose (assuming you have a save game) "cheat" to win.

This way your campaign enjoyment does not have to be impacted by various campaign bugs.
RobertCL
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by RobertCL »

Hello,

Still no answer received:
viewtopic.php?t=28858&highlight=stalingrad

I used v 1.02 without success.
I know this is not corrected in v 1.04.

What troubles me is that apparently the scenario is well configured:

uran21

Post by uran21 »

Screenshoot you have provided is not the one showing Scenario Parameters from the stock game Stalingrad file. It is a modified one.
Indicators for this are in campaign victory conditions there is no mentioning of secondary objectives and in stand alone mode victory outcomes are defined as "Axis Major Victory" and "Axis Marginal Victory" which was not used in stock game. Time triggers are also defined differently than in stock game. If this modified file was made on top of Stalingrad file from 1.0 version of the game no wonder triggers are not working because that file had bug not related to how triggers were written. Stalingrad bug was related to breaking campaign flow and was fixed. Is anyone having problems with campaign flow in patched vanilla game?
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Hello,

Thx for the answer.
Screenshoot you have provided is not the one showing Scenario Parameters from the stock game Stalingrad file. It is a modified one
This is what I get after a fresh install of Panzer Corps with patch 1.02.
...in stand alone mode victory outcomes are defined as "Axis Major Victory" and "Axis Marginal Victory" which was not used in stock game
Sorry do not understand: stock game is the official game no ? Parameters were well defined for standalone scenario, no ?
Stalingrad bug was related to breaking campaign flow and was fixed
Perhaps but this is not what I am talking about. I do not play the campaign but the standalone scenario and when you start this scenario it is clearly written that BV is given if the Caucasus is also taken but when you capture Stalingrad and Astrakkhan the game stops instead of letting you conquer the Caucasus.

FORGIVE ME, I had written too fast: in standalone mode there is no need to capture the Caucasus:

It is written "capture all objectives (VHs) except Caucasus", having three VHs also in Caucasus was "misleading" (hard to understand that some VHs exist but are not meant to be taken by the player).

OK so in standalone scenario mode there is no bug. Sorry for the confusion.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Glad we got that cleared up. :)

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”