Consider buying PzC - questions

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Consider buying PzC - questions

Post by bebro »

Hi,

being a longtime fan of the PG series I'm quite excited from what I read about the game so far and plan to buy it soon. I've not decided yet which version and where exactly. If someone could answer me those little q's...

1. I see Amazon has a German language version available on Nov 18. Although I have no prob playing in English a German version would be kinda nice, however - are there any major differences (aside from the language) to the English version?

2. If needed, could you still install that German version to play in English? I ask because my experience from other games is that when over time lots of addons, patches or mods are used at some point you can get something that is not translated, resulting in some cases in a mishmash of languages, which I'd rather want to avoid.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I can't directly answer your questions, but I can give you a demonstration of how the Language features work in Panzer Corps.
You just hit the little button at the bottom of the menu screen and POOF, it's all translated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PpLXCfV ... e=youtu.be

So based on how that works, I'd say you wouldn't have to worry about playing in English even with the German Version. :)
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Sounds good. Thanks a lot, I guess I will order the game asap :)
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

It's pretty neat, even the audio for the briefings gets translated into German (I didn't know this!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRMzKmev ... e=youtu.be
HeinzG
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by HeinzG »

Hi bebro,

speaking myself native German and reading your English, I'd say you should not have much problems playing PzC in English. There is not much to worry about.

And to answer question number one: No, there are no differences. No censored blood, no censored insigna, no censored symbols if that's what you're asking for. :wink:
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

None of that is censored... because none of it exists in the first place. ;)

There's no gore, or "symbols", or even references to those symbols. Our publishers and my bosses made sure of that! Heheh.
Ranta
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ranta »

though there is a mod for "historical insignia" on the german side (swastika)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Ahhh, there's always a mod.... :wink:
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The German and English installers are exactly the same. No difference where you buy.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Thanks for all the answers.

FWIW I'm not really after swastikas or gore stuff (that wasn't in PG either), but differences in the game itself would be more of a concern. For example I remember from the HOI world that sometimes people needed special patches when they bought the game at certain online stores (Steam IIRC). Good to hear that there are none of those differences.
Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc »

Hi bebro,

you can switch between English and German in the main screen, just click on the English/German flag.
I am German, too, if you want to ask some questions in German you can send me or Heinz a private message.

I am dead serious: Panzer Corps is even better than Panzer General. Very much the same which is a good thing but much improved at the same time.
The only regret I have is that there are no Africa scenarios yet. (Except for mods I didn't play yet)
I also recommend the DLCs, the "Grand Campaigns" for 1939 & 1940, soon you will be able to buy 1941 as well. The scenarios are even better designed, but they are not translated yet and I don't know if they will ever be translated and get even German voiceovers like the main game.

I really liked Panzer General and Allied General. Panzer General II/3D wasn't bad but I didn't like it as much. Panzer Corps got the recon movement idea from this part of the series.
I started hating the series with the "3D Assault" series. It wasn't made for me. In general mainstream wargames were produced for a very different kind of strategy gamer in the last years and Panzer Corps is really a salvation, you won't regret buying this game. :)
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Ordered at Amazon today. Can't wait to play it :)
XShadowY
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by XShadowY »

German translation?

I expect nothing less than the quality of Company o. H. :

"Snaipa König reporting - Eim schuting leik se ungelernter Arbeiter!"

:wink:
Michèl Niedermeier - Video Editor

www.micnie.com
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

On the notion of censorship and over-sensitivity to political correctness: did anybody else groan when they heard the Germans bark "hiel Heitler" repeatedly throughout this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/ ? About the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Shrike wrote:On the notion of censorship and over-sensitivity to political correctness: did anybody else groan when they heard the Germans bark "hiel Heitler" repeatedly throughout this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/ ? About the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.
We don't make the rules, but we have to play by them. :!:

oh and
/wave Michèl :D
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Kerensky wrote:
Shrike wrote:On the notion of censorship and over-sensitivity to political correctness: did anybody else groan when they heard the Germans bark "hiel Heitler" repeatedly throughout this movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/ ? About the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.
We don't make the rules, but we have to play by them. :!:

oh and
/wave Michèl :D
The problem is quite simple. The use of Nazi insignia in Germany is forbidden to prevent a few idiots that sadly still exists to show them in the public and try to glorify the Nazis. With Germany's history it's quite understandable, it really would look bad to see videos of some Nazis marching through a German city parading the Nazi symbols around .. this may make some people nervous.

Now if you forbid the use of the symbols they are of course forbidden as well in historical context. There are in the law exceptions that deal with books, arts and movies which allows the use of Nazi symbols in them if they are used in pure historical context and are needed to maintain and depict a historical picture. The catch is tho when the law was made computer filled whole basements and was operated with punch cards. No one ever imagined something like computer games so they are not mentioned in the law. So obviously if it's not mentioned under exception it stays forbidden.

A change in the law would be due but considering most of our politicians still call every game a "killer game" and consider computers to be a spring of devil it won't happen until they finally retire and more younger politicians, who grew up with computers, comes to power.

Return to “Panzer Corps”