Field Of Glory: Napoleonic Coming in March 2012!

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

SeanD
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Field Of Glory: Napoleonic Coming in March 2012!

Post by SeanD »

The massively popular Field of Glory wargame series marches on!

In March 2012, Slitherine and Osprey Publishing will once again team up to release Field of Glory: Napoleonic. Based on the core mechanics of its predecessors, Field of Glory: Napoleonic allows players to command the armies of any of the nations involved in the Napoleonic and French Revolutionary Wars, emphasizing the combined arms tactics that dominated the battlefields of the period.

Richard Sullivan, Managing Director of Osprey Publishing, spoke about the new project:
“After the success of Field of Glory: Ancient and Medieval and Field of Glory: Renaissance, we are thrilled to be working with Slitherine again on a project with such huge potential. We know that the Napoleonic era has long held a cherished place in the hearts of historical wargamers, and we believe that Field of Glory: Napoleonic will be a game that they are going to love.”

J.D. McNeil, head of Slitherine, added: “Field of Glory has shown that wargamers appreciate a tactically challenging wargame with balanced army lists that can be played as either a friendly match or in a tournament environment. Our Napoleonic rules continue that tradition and also recreate the unique ‘big battle’ characteristics of the era.”

ABOUT FIELD OF GLORY: NAPOLEONIC

The hardback, full-colour Field of Glory: Napoleonic rulebook will contain the complete rules for the game and several army lists to get players started. This will be followed by two hardback supplements: Triumph of Nations in June and Emperors and Eagles in September. These supplements will give background and full army lists for all of the major and minor powers that fought each other during the wars. Taken together, this trilogy offers everything Napoleonic players will need to master the battlefields of Europe in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.

Get more information on Field of Glory: Napoleonic from its official product page.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Excellent. We eagerly await the PC version. :D
Fedem
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Fedem »

stockwellpete wrote:Excellent. We eagerly await the PC version. :D
Would that be possible or just a dream?
CharlesRobinson
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

New Books

Post by CharlesRobinson »

Yes!

:D :D :D :D :D
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Ren ist , then Nap! :wink:
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Yes, I am much more interested in seeing REN come to this venue than Nap. Nap battles were VERY dynamic. There is no terrain in FoG and that would be a MUST For the NAP game.

Even for REN they need to add in terrain like villages and walls and hedges. What is England without a hedge?

I would want a different engine to be honest for the NAP game. Something that allows for larger maps and has the ability to add in reinforcements. But a modified FoG game would work for Nap. It just has to be such that the above are included.

Glad to hear that the rules are coming out for minis and even though I am more of a Nap Battles man myself I would like to see what they do with the period. One army book for the French and the Confed of the Rhine and another for the "Enemies of Napoleon." Rules would have a basic French army and a (are we surprised on this) British army.

Yes, 2015 is coming and with it another 80 books on Waterloo .... :(
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

not for me, I'm afraid, sorry!
CharlesRobinson

Collectors Editions

Post by CharlesRobinson »

What I would like to see is a really nice leather Collector edition for each release.

A Ancients omnibus that has the rule book and all thirteen expansions in one mega tome.
The FOG-R omibus that has the rule book and the six expansions.
And finally, the FOG-N omnibus consisting of the three books.

A nice and proper collections that is fit for any collectors library.
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

I would be sorry to see this set of rules use an "Impact Phase" followed by several turns of "Melee Phase" as this period was mainly one of two units playing "chicken" with each other.

Either one side would give way RIGHT AWAY or the other would.

Firefights were short events with one side basically recoiling.

Please say it aint so ...

(was just looking over the outline of the rules book on the promo page and hey, I am hoping that it is just ONE phase of melee between the combatants)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The structure of FoGN is very different so it has a real Napoleonic flavour. We did not tie ourselves to the Ancients design.
tyrkir
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by tyrkir »

And so, would you be planning a PC release in addition to the books?

I would personally pre-order it right on the spot. Vive l'Empereur! :wink:
petergarnett
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Field Of Glory: Napoleonic Coming in March 2012!

Post by petergarnett »

Not convinced this is for me.

FOG is an excellant replacement for the DBx series of ancient rules which dominated the tabletops. However the napoleonic period already has a good variety of tried & tested rulesets. Like old_warrior I use Nap Battles myself but have enjoyed others. From the turn sequence it still looks like a modification to the current FOG rules.

However I'm happy to be proved wrong - wouldn't be the first time.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're not sure about Digital versions at this stage as there is so much to sort out with the Ancients version right now. Hopefully but we have no ETA.
Supervark
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Supervark »

Looking forward to it on the PC
Adraeth
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adraeth »

IainMcNeil wrote:We're not sure about Digital versions at this stage as there is so much to sort out with the Ancients version right now. Hopefully but we have no ETA.
Just bought tabletop rules of FOG-N and i think they should be converted in a good way in a FOG digital version: one the of the main differences should be normal and complex moves and (but not that cumbersome) formations

hope to see fog-n-digital soon :)
iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith »

Adraeth wrote:
IainMcNeil wrote:We're not sure about Digital versions at this stage as there is so much to sort out with the Ancients version right now. Hopefully but we have no ETA.
Just bought tabletop rules of FOG-N and i think they should be converted in a good way in a FOG digital version: one the of the main differences should be normal and complex moves and (but not that cumbersome) formations

hope to see fog-n-digital soon :)

I 2nd that :D

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”