New Axis Strategy ( Morris VS Zechi)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Apr 13 1943
Western Allies do a double D-Day in France. In southern France they seize Marseille and Nice easily from Vichy Frande (the 5 step red effiency Vichy GAR make any invasion in southern France rather easy). In northern France Allied paras try to secure a beachhead near Cherbourg. In the east Soviets continue their effective advance. East defence line has been completely broken .

Axis is in great danger ! Will Axis be over before 1944 ? :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

May 1943
In the west we kill the three paras , In the south Allies bring a lot of reinforcement . It is a big bridgehead .But We have to eliminate it whatever cost . In the east Romania is in great dangers !
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

June 1943

We clear the west landing , still dealing with the south France landing which is more difficult . In the east Romania die ,& next will be Hungary , Yugo . Axis is defending their last defence line of Berlin .
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

July 1943
there are still heavy fight around Marseilles . More troops landing . But they have to fight with Germans not Italian . They fight with Mech & arm not only INF .
In the east , it seems going to over . Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary fall . The soviet troops are direct rush to Berlin direction .
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Sept 20 1943

We both take a breath around Marsellies . The French troops will land on their homeland .

In the east , it was bloody . five INF lost in the last turn & heavy dogfight !

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Oct 1943

Free france landed on their homeland .

In the east , it is a quiet turn . we supply our troops to face the final storm from the USSR.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Oct 1943

another quiet turn . More allies troops landing around Nice . But the most dangerous attack will come from the east . I believe they will launch a huge attack in winter when their low lvl FTR may have better performance . I can imagine the endless T-34 & Stalin 2 !
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Nov 1944

Finally USSR start to attack from the east , They made breakthrough near Italy , Also they land more troops near Marsille .

metolius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by metolius »

1944 ?? Or 1943?
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

metolius wrote:1944 ?? Or 1943?
1943 。 my mistake !
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Game Over

Post by Morris »

Apr 1944

Since Italy surrendered to UK , & It is hopeless to Germany to hold to May 1945 . Although Axis still have 120+pp production per turn , 800+ man power , 1200+ fuel , Axis chose surrender to avoid of meaningless blood .

It does prove the Axis defence strategy's failure again .

Thanks for the patience & better performance by Mr Zechi ! Next time I will attack as what I am doing in the AAR with Mr Joe Rock .

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Diplomaticus »

Thanks very much for a very interesting and informative AAR!

I will add that I think this is further evidence for my claim that in the game as it now stands, we can't expect Italy to fall at or near the historical date and still get a semi-historical result. I'm not sure what it would take, exactly, to make it more possible for Germany to hold out for nearly two years after Italy falls... maybe make Italy weaker and Germany stronger?
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Diplomaticus wrote:Thanks very much for a very interesting and informative AAR!

I will add that I think this is further evidence for my claim that in the game as it now stands, we can't expect Italy to fall at or near the historical date and still get a semi-historical result. I'm not sure what it would take, exactly, to make it more possible for Germany to hold out for nearly two years after Italy falls... maybe make Italy weaker and Germany stronger?
If Italy surrender in 1943, Germany usually can hold one more year , but it is too difficult to hold more than 25 turns . manpower & pp is the fatal problem .

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”