Battle Academy heading to iPad!

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Battle Academy heading to iPad!

Post by IainMcNeil »

As some of you may have already worked out Battle Acdemy is coming to iPad! It's been in development for a number of months already and we're at the stage where we need to start beta testing. We're hoping to relese early in 2012 so if you have an iPad or iPad2 and are interested in helping out and seeing the game before anyone else please sign up for the beta! We are hoping to begin the beta before Christmas.

http://www.slitherine.com/beta_test

To take part you will need need to tell us your UDID. We'll let you know where and when to submit this later. Your UDID is a unique identifier for your iPad which lets us set up the beta version to run on just your iPad. To find out your UDID you go to iTunes and select the Device. Then look at the summary tab. Click on teh Serial Number and it will change to a very long alphanumeric value. It is about 32 characters long. This is what you'd need to submit to us. If you are unhappy (I can't think why but...!) to send us this info then you should not apply. Just be clear, this info gives us no personal data on you or any access to your iPad, it just lets us make sure the game runs for you. You cannot copy and paste it, you have to manually write it out so when you do double/triple check you have it right as if any character is wrong the beta just wont run for you.
hogger88
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by hogger88 »

Iain,

I was wondering if there is supposed to be a separate link on the sign-up page for the BA iPad beta, or if it is from the same pool as the Win/Mac BA beta? I click the link to the sign-up page and only see the standard BA beta link to which I'm already subscribed. Or is it simply not yet posted?

Thanks.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Its all teh same thign right now - we dont have a away to do a system specific beta recruitment. It is on the wish list. Just sign up there and we'll sort out the rest later!
nk418ripe
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by nk418ripe »

There are a few free tools in the app store that allow to accurately copy and paste the UDID - I have used "UDID Sender" in the past
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

A kid in my class gave me an IPad2 for an Xmas gift a week ago. I have NO clue how to use the thing. I just noticed this thread. If you still need beta testers, let me know and I will find the number you need. If you need testing by the clueless that is!!!! :) (Also...have not seen/played Battle Academy at all. :oops: ) Five days of school and then 3 weeks off to game and relax!! Woohoo!!
Sleet
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Sleet »

Awesome, ready and willing. Now this makes the iPad worth having. :)
onone
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by onone »

Nice one ... can't wait
TerryV6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by TerryV6 »

I am ready for this one. It would make a nice addition to my small ipad game section. There are little if any of military strategy genre for this device. I've already signed up for beta testing if you need me...

Terry
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're hoping to kick this off very soon!
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Info sent via iPad (I hope!). You got my first iPad email. (No comments from the peanut galleries!!) :wink:
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Are there many of us in the beta?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We've got 20 so far who have submitted their UDID's and a lot more we're waiting for them from so should be enough to give it a good spin!

I'm shocked all 20 submitted the correct info using the correct mail title. Every single one was perfect :) People read the instructions - does that say something about iPad users :)!
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

More likely we need a good game for the iPad and iPhone! I will now have to hold off my 2 year old son, my 8 year old AND my wife to get some time on it!
:)
TerryV6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by TerryV6 »

iainmcneil wrote:We've got 20 so far who have submitted their UDID's and a lot more we're waiting for them from so should be enough to give it a good spin!

I'm shocked all 20 submitted the correct info using the correct mail title. Every single one was perfect :) People read the instructions - does that say something about iPad users :)!
Most of the time, I can watch TV, read on my ipad and chew gum at the same time.... I still get ambushed by a stray infantry squad once in a while...

Terry
TerryV6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by TerryV6 »

I'm ready... Bring it on. Will be happy to buy this app.

Terry

ps. I will have to be careful though. I bought MG and my card company froze my account. They said what, a British company? Must be a stolen account ... I had to call them. Very embarrassing when you are buying something else and your card doesn't work.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Terry - can you let us know the order ID so we can follow this up as it certainly should not be happening. Can you PM me the details plus your name and e-mail address so we can look it up.

Thanks!
DaveyJJ

Post by DaveyJJ »

Hey Iain,

I've sent along my UDID info as well, in case you still need volunteers.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks - we will open up the beta to some more players with the next version this week!
mattymo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mattymo »

iainmcneil wrote:Thanks - we will open up the beta to some more players with the next version this week!
So the fact that I received an email saying I'd been selected as a beta tester on the 11th, sent in my UDID (admittedly a week later), and then have heard nothing should not concern me then? Just a matter of how far down the list you've gone so far?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Absolutely - early in the process we add people in very slowly. This is (a) to get as many 'first impressions' as we can, without getting the same feedback on anything that isn't right and (b) because people tend to comment on the first version they get then slowly people will stop posting feedback (other than a few of our most dedicated guys - you know who you are!).

We'll be aiming for version a week, adding people each time. So keep your eyes peeled :).

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Battle Academy”