GTPG Campaign: the next level

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Re: Danzig

Post by nikivdd »

produit wrote:I just finished the first map.
I played on Colonel level. DV in 7 turns. Lost quite a lot of non-core units. However, there are quite a lot of turns (16) to finish this mission.
I enjoyed to play Gerold Treitler maps in PC.

Some comments:

- Ski Inf are fun but does not fit at that part of the campaign (There is no snow in Danzig). Moreover, they are hugely better than wermacht infanterie (+ 2 MP, +1 ammo, +1 I, +1 GD, +1 SA) and cost 2 points less. It is quite a über-unit, not at his place. I don't know if the movement could be reduced in non winter time, but the cost has really to be increased...

- Flammpanzer. That is another über-unit. Cost less than a Panzer IVC (-53 prestige), but stats are really better (+2 fuel, +9 ammo, +7 SA, +1AD for just -1 GD). 13 SA is really a lot, more than late game unit in PC. And just for the price of a Panzer IIC. The price has to be really increased and perhaps stats reduced...

- Wermacht infanterie vs Gebirgsjäger. They have the same price. Is it wanted ? Gebirgsjäger is better (more movement in mountains, +2 AD, +1SA for -1GD). I thought that Wechmacht infanterie was cheaper in original PC.

When buying units, all the new units have a graphical problem for me. The view above the stats is broken, but it is perhaps intended.
-The first mission is intended to be very easy.
-The ski infantry are actually for another nation (Finland) but since i am working on a bigger e-file, i gave this unit to Germany also. This unit will pop up later.
-You are right about the flamm units. The price will be doubled. For that money they can have a high SA (let's say 10) but HA will be decreased. Availability dates will be corrected as well.
-Stock units have not been altered
-I think you might refer to the big unit pics...i only have a few for the custom units, if there is not one present, than the view is broken.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
produit
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by produit »

nikivdd wrote: -The ski infantry are actually for another nation (Finland) but since i am working on a bigger e-file, i gave this unit to Germany also. This unit will pop up later.
If it is removed from the available units, it is nice. However the price remains really low ! Moreover, having ski units going as fast as panzers is quite impressive.

I have perhaps another comment concerning the Brandburger division. In GTPG version, it was quite an impressive unit, better than pioneers. I don't know if it would be better to represent it as a "über-unit", such as the ski infantry one, or modified paratroopers, as they appeared in plane quite a lot in GTPG, if I remember well.

I looked also to the Russian units in the next map (Warsaw). The 2nd version of the T28 (Mittlerer Panzer) and perhaps also the T28 seems a bit to good in comparison to the KV1, which was a latter design.
Last edited by produit on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

produit wrote:
nikivdd wrote: -The ski infantry are actually for another nation (Finland) but since i am working on a bigger e-file, i gave this unit to Germany also. This unit will pop up later.
If it is removed from the available units, it is nice. However the price remains really low ! Moreover, having ski units going as fast as panzers is quite impressive.

I have perhaps another comment concerning the Brandburger division. In GTPG version, it was quite an impressive unit, better than pioneers. I don't know if it would be better to represent it as a "über-unit", such as the ski infantry one, or modified paratroopers, as they appeared in plane quite a lot in GTPG, if I remember well.
Before i remove the ski unit for Germany, i would like to know if others share the same opinion. And you are right, i will adjust the movement and cost.

I put actually one "brandenburg" unit in the very first scene...and i was wondering if someone would comment on that. It was a re-occuring unit from time to time in the original series.
It has not been added to the e-file yet. Perhaps it could be added as a modified paratrooper with some extra skills. Which stats should be given to such an extraordinary unit?
Price ? SA +2, HA +1, Ammo +1, GD +1, CD +1 , AD +1 ??? What do you think?
produit

Post by produit »

nikivdd wrote: I put actually one "brandenburg" unit in the very first scene...and i was wondering if someone would comment on that. It was a re-occuring unit from time to time in the original series.
It has not been added to the e-file yet. Perhaps it could be added as a modified paratrooper with some extra skills. Which stats should be given to such an extraordinary unit?
Price ? SA +2, HA +1, Ammo +1, GD +1, CD +1 , AD +1 ??? What do you think?
I find it nice to have it in the different scenarii. As this unit was not available to buy before 45 and the American scenario, the price is perhaps not the most relevant aspect, as we will not be able to buy it. A correct price must fly above 250-300 prestige, I think. I would also add 1-2 initiative to this unit. In the original version of the PG game, it was a 4 I and 8 SA.
Making it at 3-4 I/6-7 SA in PC will really make a über-unit, as it was intended to be.
produit

Warsaw Map

Post by produit »

I had problems to find the A objective Hex, as it lies under a non-moving unit. I found where I had to go only on the 7th turn. Would it be possible to not put the objective hex (A) under a unit at the beginning ?

Perhaps a comment on the installation notice. Could you add that the generic mod enabler must be installed ?
nikivdd

Re: Warsaw Map

Post by nikivdd »

produit wrote:I had problems to find the A objective Hex, as it lies under a non-moving unit. I found where I had to go only on the 7th turn. Would it be possible to not put the objective hex (A) under a unit at the beginning (1)?

Perhaps a comment on the installation notice. Could you add that the generic mod enabler must be installed (2)?
1) Most certainly.

2) There is an install file in the download, but you make a point, i will add it to the first briefing.

Brandenburger unit to e-file: done.
Flamm units stats update: done.

Gonna send you an update today as soon i have that "A" fixed ;).
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

I personally like the idea of the Wehrmacht Ski Infantry and like having them used as elite light infantry w/ a high movement allowance. It would be cool to limit their movement more in line w/ the Gerbirgs and keeping the high movement for snow,but from what I've seen of the data file I don't think it's possible.

What about upping the cost for the Wehrmacht one and keeping the same price for the Finnish troops?. That would kinda make up for the high movement allowance and the Finns are only gonna be in a couple of scenairios right?, so they wouldn't really effect much.

I really,, really,,,really like the idea of the Brandenbergers and the proposed stats :D

Did I mention I liked the Brandenbergers? 8)

If you need any help Nico drop me a pm. I took a couple of days off from work to get the Waffen SS mod out, so I'll be avalaible next week.
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
produit

Post by produit »

Finished Warsaw scenario. DV turn 13 (I could have finished on turn 10, but I wanted to capture the lost airport). 1642 prestige left, colonel level.
Everything is fine on this map.

As I continue the campaign, your modifications of the units (Flammpanzer II and Ski infanterie) are not updated.

However, I started a new game just to see your modifications. Brandburger unit and ski infanterie are OK, but it is no more possible to buy Flammpanzer II. Was it intended ?
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

produit wrote:Finished Warsaw scenario. DV turn 13 (I could have finished on turn 10, but I wanted to capture the lost airport). 1642 prestige left, colonel level.
Everything is fine on this map.

As I continue the campaign, your modifications of the units (Flammpanzer II and Ski infanterie) are not updated.

However, I started a new game just to see your modifications. Brandburger unit and ski infanterie are OK, but it is no more possible to buy Flammpanzer II. Was it intended ?
The flame unit can be purchased since 1940.
produit

Post by produit »

Finished Norway Scenario. DV at turn 15. 1929 prestige left. Nice map.

The scenario description or victory condition are missing an information concerning the (A) and ($) hexes. I wasn't sure what it will do. I thought that taking the HQ unit their will give me something, it paid but I wasn't sure of anything. Perhaps a small description such as:
"Leading your HQ unit to the (A) objective hex will get you some reinforcement.
I don't know, but GB/Norway received reinforcement at the same time. If it is bound, you get less reinforcement than the computer, meaning that not deploying the HQ unit is perhaps the best solution.

I think also that sea mines are poorly represented... They can attack adjacent unit, making it an active unit ! Moreover, they are easily destroyed with plan, which is surprising. Submarine are also not damaged by them... I don't know if it could be made a "passive" unit, such like bombers have a "passive" air attack. Moreover, being able to damage submarines will be more logical...
produit

Post by produit »

Starting the Belgian scenario.
As there is no indication and no objective hex, it is really difficult to understand what is the use of the HQ unit in this scenario.
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

produit wrote:Finished Norway Scenario. DV at turn 15. 1929 prestige left. Nice map.

The scenario description or victory condition are missing an information concerning the (A) and ($) hexes. I wasn't sure what it will do. I thought that taking the HQ unit their will give me something, it paid but I wasn't sure of anything. Perhaps a small description such as:
"Leading your HQ unit to the (A) objective hex will get you some reinforcement. (1)
I don't know, but GB/Norway received reinforcement at the same time. If it is bound, you get less reinforcement than the computer, meaning that not deploying the HQ unit is perhaps the best solution. (2)

I think also that sea mines are poorly represented... They can attack adjacent unit, making it an active unit ! Moreover, they are easily destroyed with plan, which is surprising. Submarine are also not damaged by them... I don't know if it could be made a "passive" unit, such like bombers have a "passive" air attack. Moreover, being able to damage submarines will be more logical...(3)
(1) it was already put in the scenario briefing, at least in the latest version
(2) that is purely coincidence, the ai has prestige points to spend + there is a reinforcement trigger (triggered by your progress); the player can get 4 additional units
(3) they are purely experimental and i'm considering to remove them altogether.
produit

Post by produit »

Finished the Belgian scenario. DV at the 14th turn.

It seems that the HQ unit is totally useless. Would it not be better to say it in the briefing ?

The scenario is really nice and achieving air superiority is not really easy...
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

produit wrote:Finished the Belgian scenario. DV at the 14th turn.

It seems that the HQ unit is totally useless. Would it not be better to say it in the briefing ?

The scenario is really nice and achieving air superiority is not really easy...
Stats for the HQ unit will be changed a bit.
That is what betas are also for, to try out new ideas.
But if more people don't like the HQ concept, it will be removed.
produit

Post by produit »

I finished the 1st campaign (Dunkirk). DV turn 8. Prestige 3535.
Really nice map to play, with a lot of allied air power.

You have a version of the next pack working with the core saving of this version ?
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

produit wrote:I finished the 1st campaign (Dunkirk). DV turn 8. Prestige 3535.
Really nice map to play, with a lot of allied air power.

You have a version of the next pack working with the core saving of this version ?
Not yet. There are still a few decissions i have to make regarding the pack you tested.
shooty
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by shooty »

Howdy just went through the new beta. Very nice, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Some things I noticed:
-I tried to be smart and not deploy the HQ on turn 1 of the 3rd map so I could thin out some of the enemy air. Lost at 2nd turn, I guess that the HQ needs to be on the map before the end of turn one. lol - restart.
It might be prudent to add some text about making sure to place the HQ on turn 1

Secondary is spelled wrong in a few briefings. No big deal but I figured you may wanna fix it up.

Overall I found it challenging and fun with no real problems.

Have you given any thought to making a mortar squad. (defensive arty)
In my own mini mod I have added a one - with a range of 2, it doesnt do very much damage (4 vs soft - 2 vs hard) and it has bad personal defense. It is only available as a SE style unit (becuse why would you buy a unit that isnt that good - hehe) it does well for defending front line units against attack though and that is its job so it works out. And it add a bit of flovor. Just a thought...
I dont have a good icon for it though, i just used one of the "gold" training icons...

Anyways, very nice and thanks for letting me try it out, I'm always happy to test new stuff...

Now i'm on to see what you and airbornemongo have done, it looks interesting. I'll stop by that thread when im done.
Keep up the good work.

-shooty

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”