DLC 43 - beta 2: Yakovlevo

Open beta forum.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

charonjr
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

DLC 43 - beta 2: Yakovlevo

Post by charonjr »

FM- pre-build core - took the armor path, will use chess mode again to take the RNG out of the equasion and will use the aux AAA only to cover my units, not in any active role

6.9k prestige before upgrades, I decided to stay with a not too much optimised core for this one. Only 1 Panther and 1 Tiger outside of SE units (2 Panther and 2 Tiger for those) and 2 fighters will remain BF 109Gs. Sold the SE Grenadiere since I never really liked this unit, bought (actually transformed 2 Wehrmacht infantrie) a Gebrigsjäger and a Fallschirmjäger with transports instead, which I do like. In addition I bought another Me 410A, a He 177A and a Sd.Kfz. 7/2.

Upgraded 2 Ju 87D to G, the 21cm Nebelwerfer to a 30cm, my +1 movement StuG IIIG to an Elefant, upgraded the 4 Pz IVG to IVH, the StuG IIIB to a StuH 42 and my remaining Infantrie got a SdKfz 250/1 leaving me with 1k prestige.

And I needed some of that prestige, at one point I was down to 0.6k prestige due to repairs and barely having taken any objectives at this point. Contrary to what I thought at first I start to get the impression that fielding less expensive units will not help with saving prestige for repairs, but ends up being more expensive due to killing the enemy units slower (thus giving them effectively more attacks) in combination with more damage. I will try to get a better feeling for this, but at the moment I would tend to think that either the older units should be less expensive (IIRC from another thread it should be possible to alter the cost for each DLC, which does make sense since once newer equipment becomes available older stuff should require less prestige to acquire) or the newer units made more expensive.

Reached the outskirts of Yakovlevo at turn 11 - Rzhavets has just fallen on this turn as well and the bridges have been crossed.

Yakovlevo fell at turn 15, the defenders of Rzhavets were destroyed as well.

DV at 20/20 - 1.4k prestige - despite the 2k scenario bonus I ended up at 0.3k prestige after elite reinforcements. So 3.1k for replacements despite having used a fair number of prestige even during the battle.

The repair toll on sub-optimal cores seems too high to me - I would have expected something like this on cores which use lots of expensive equipment, but it really looks like it is actually the other way around - especially since I dont recall having made any serious/costly blunders here. The scenario was easy enough even with the pre-build core.

Gained 6 heroes here - the unit with the highest number of kills without any hero is at 234 (same as 4 other units at 200+) now, way too high IMO.
deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: DLC 43 - beta 2: Yakovlevo

Post by deducter »

charonjr wrote:And I needed some of that prestige, at one point I was down to 0.6k prestige due to repairs and barely having taken any objectives at this point. Contrary to what I thought at first I start to get the impression that fielding less expensive units will not help with saving prestige for repairs, but ends up being more expensive due to killing the enemy units slower (thus giving them effectively more attacks) in combination with more damage.
Yes, ever since DLC 1941 beta I've commented on this phenomenon. I blasted through that DLC taking losses only in recon units, because in combination with experience and overstrength my panzers barely ever took strength damage from the Russians. Heavy armor, since they take such fewer losses, are more efficient in terms of prestige.
I will try to get a better feeling for this, but at the moment I would tend to think that either the older units should be less expensive (IIRC from another thread it should be possible to alter the cost for each DLC, which does make sense since once newer equipment becomes available older stuff should require less prestige to acquire) or the newer units made more expensive.
The developers have said over and over again that they want one equipment file for everything. So I doubt you will expect much movement from there. I agree with you, and all of what you said is possible, but you have to mod it. It sounds like you could be of fan of my efforts to balance single player, I plan on adjusting the equipment file significantly for DLC 1943.
Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc »

8795 Start Yakovlevo
7073 after purchases and upgrades (should finally have upgraded the Stukas)
MV 20/20 - didn't try to cross the river
End Prestige: 2739

Managed to lose all recon units, a Panther, a Stuka and some more. Made good progress though, the Russian Airforce is strong and in general the enemy inflicts losses that get costly prestige wise.

All in all fine scenario with a challenging and interesting DV objective. It's quite hard IMO, but not unfair so it's okay.
Let's see if my attempt to preserve prestige for the next scenario worked out.
produit

Post by produit »

FM, preset core, DV 15/20, Ending prestige 2737, chess mode

I upgraded my for AT to Elefant, and it paid off. This vehicle is able to destroy every opponent.
With 7 Tigers, 2 Panthers and 4 Elefant, the problem was not the armored counterattack in the open, but the enemy airforce, attacking regularly... I could have handled even more enemy tanks.
Really nice map, with a lot of armored combat in the open (I like it...)

Return to “Panzer Corps Open Beta”