GS Beta Bug Reporting

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: GS Beta Bug Reporting

Post by Diplomaticus »

Thanks, Paul. The fix seems to do the trick.
pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by pk867 »

Cool.
amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

No Rail Movement in Norway afar DoW by Axis

Post by amcdonel »

Playing a game in RC16a.

I am Allies. Norway was just DoW'ed by the Axis at the beginning of the turn. I tried to rail my remote GAR to reinforce Oslo - the were unable to rail. In fact, none of the three GAR in Norway could rail. The GARs can move -- just not rail. UK GAR able to sail into Norway port successfully.

Screenshot and game file available as needed.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

A surprised country (i. e. suffering efficiency loss) can't rail on the first turn they're surprised.

So if you DoW Norway while the weather is fair in Norway the Norwegians can't rail the first turn. If you invade Norway when the weather in Norway is mud or winter then you can rail on the first turn since surprise can only happen if the weather is fair.

So next turn you should be able to rail the Norwegians.
Schnurri
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Schnurri »

I've held NA now for about five turns and can't use the rail system for some reason (Axis). I hold all of the North African ports and rail depots and have for some time. They all show black for the rail.
Diplomaticus

Post by Diplomaticus »

Schnurri wrote:I've held NA now for about five turns and can't use the rail system for some reason (Axis). I hold all of the North African ports and rail depots and have for some time. They all show black for the rail.
Did you connect these cities by seizing land hexes between them?
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Yep all linked up.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Do you have control of Algiers? You need Algiers to control the rail network. If yes, can you send the save game to me?
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Stauffenberg wrote:Do you have control of Algiers? You need Algiers to control the rail network. If yes, can you send the save game to me?
Yes, I have control of all ports and depots. I'll have to wait til tomorrow to get another turn and take another look then I'll send it off tomorrow. Don't think it is due to being in rough terrain as I've tried moving for several turns.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I found the bug and fixed it. The reason was that Morocco was given to Spain when they joined the Axis. I had only tested for Vichy French and Free French territory belonging to the French North African rail network. I added Spain south of hexrow 56. That includes Tangiers and Morocco if Spain joins the Axis.

This just proves the importance of playtesting from start so we can catch special situations. Thanks for finding and reporting the bug. :)
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

I'm Allies and the Germans have taken Suez and on into Iraq. I transported a CORPS to Bandar Pahvlavi and then hoped to rail it to the front but there is no rail available. Remnants of the rebellion partisans control a few rail depot but I control Baghdad, Basra and Tehran. Is this a bug or is there some reason I can't rail anywhere?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Send me your save game. I tried a new game and it's possible for the Allies to rail to/from Bandar Pahlavi, despite it's a mountain hex.
dagtwo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by dagtwo »

In couple of battles against the AI I have captured the Caucasus but never got the narrow rail to move my units back out. On the latest occasion I control all the cities (Batumi, Tblisi and Baku) and have waited but no changeover. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
Hex grids Rule!
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

It takes a long time for the standard gauge to reach the cities in the Caucasus. The rail conversion moves 2 hexes per turn in fair weather. They start at the border so they need many turns to get all the way to Batumi. You can look at the map and check where the rail heads are.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Finally been able to replicate an intermittent bug - on the first Axis turn, just after DOW against Poland the southernmost FTR dissappears. I think I've seen a GAR disappear previously but seen the FTR several times but never captured a screenshot before. Have to restart game and then everything is fine. Probably not a big issue but would be nice to see why it happens and be able to ensure other units don't disappear later in the game - I always feel like that has happened but it is difficult to be sure.

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

If you click/select the hex it should be in, does it show in the info panel at bottom?
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Haven't done any testing with that. This is on a Mac. Will have to wait for it to happen again. I also find if you upgrade the Slovak corp to an FJR you don't see anything except the small flag.
amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by amcdonel »

Schnurri wrote:Haven't done any testing with that. This is on a Mac. Will have to wait for it to happen again. I also find if you upgrade the Slovak corp to an FJR you don't see anything except the small flag.
I have seen it only MAC also. But I was never really sure if it was one of the many changes. Rarely happened - so I was not sure I was really seeing it.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Good to hear I'm not crazy.
Schnurri

Post by Schnurri »

Italian Surrender bug?

It is May 1944 - Britain has control of all of NA (2 surrender cities) and then they paradrop into Reggio and Turin giving them 4 total surrender cities (does Reggio still count?). They surrender. Don't they need to have five cities under the new rules? Forgot to mention he also holds Caligiari - does that count towards the five?

Return to “Commander Europe at War : GS Open Beta”