Warsaw North or Warsaw South

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

kevini1000
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Warsaw North or Warsaw South

Post by kevini1000 »

I just got the DLC for 39 GC and I've been playing this week.

I just Finished Modlin and I'm being given a choice of Warsaw North and Warsaw South. If I understand the flow chart then either one will allow you to do the spoils of war with a DV. Is the rewards the same for winning either with a DV.

I'm going in this force comp

2 tanks(38 A variaty)
1 recon
2 stuka
2 Me 109
4 artillery(2 SP type and 2 10.5 type)
2 regular infantry
2 SE infantry
1 Mtn Infantry
3 pioneer infantry

Any clarification or recomendation would be great.

Thanks
Kevin
shawkhan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Warsaw North or Warsaw South

Post by shawkhan »

The trick with Warsaw is to capture the objectives East of the city in order to acquire free artillery units. You should do this before assaulting the city itself as you can really use the additional firepower.
Going in from the South gives you more room to deploy and easier access to the far side of Warsaw. I think it allows a quicker capture of the artillery.
brettz123
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by brettz123 »

shawkhan wrote:The trick with Warsaw is to capture the objectives East of the city in order to acquire free artillery units. You should do this before assaulting the city itself as you can really use the additional firepower.
Going in from the South gives you more room to deploy and easier access to the far side of Warsaw. I think it allows a quicker capture of the artillery.
It is the same map just with different deployment zones. I prefer the southern deployment as it gives you more room to come in on warsaw that isn't all forest. Rewards are the same as well as captured units.
kevini1000
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kevini1000 »

I've been watching some of the AAR videos. Would it seem that I have too many infantry. I just liked having all the pioneer infantry for the Piatek encounter. I was thinking of disbaning 1 regular infatry and 1 pioneer and using the open slots to buy 2 me 110 tac fighter bombers. But I hate giving up the experienced units.
kevini1000
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kevini1000 »

How many additional core units should you get when you go into one of the Warsaw battles
monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by monkspider »

Most people on this forum seem to use far too little infantry for my tastes, your core looks pretty close to what mine was. I think I had one extra panzer in my core compared to yours, but overall, you looks solid. If I were you, i would keep your infantry, and then just wait until DLC 1940 to concentrate on adding extra armor to your core since that is when you will really need it.
krugec
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by krugec »

For Warsaw you don' need any tanks. You need infantry and artillery. Send the infantry forward slowly, with artillery behind them, and work your way trough the city. Use the aux units on top to get Polish artillery in the east. I never use pioneers, they are more expensive to repair, and you soften up the enemy with artillery fire first anyway, to remove entrenchment.
kevini1000
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kevini1000 »

My core units were at max going into the Warsaw mission inccluding the SE infantry units. I deployed everything and could see that I had 2 more core slots to fill and did so. I didn't like what I saw and headed off to bed without saving. This morning I started up and didn't the 2 additional core slots. Is this a bug or am I remembering this wrong. If my math is right then I have the 2 SE units and 17 other core units but gain no additional core slots for either warsaw mission. I very surprised some hasn't put out a chart showing how many core units you can have max from mission to mission in the DCL's. It was the only thing I couldn't find.
brettz123

Post by brettz123 »

Don't disband any units. You can have more units than you can deploy so if prestige is not an issue never disband anything and you can decide what to use based on the scenario. Personally I always take 6 infantry (2 are SE). No more no less.

Tanks are not exactly useless in Warsaw but they are certainly limited. To powergame it I would get rid of the recon and add an additional artillery. I would also trade in one or both infantry for ME-110s.

For Warsaw you should have 17 deployable CORE slots plus whatever SE units you have.
kevini1000
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by kevini1000 »

Warsaw went pretty well. I held 2 pionieres in reserve and purchased an 88 AA gun and a He-111. I had 3 units finally get heros. I think my one pioniere that I did use got a +1 to defense and a Me 109 +2 attack and 1 of my Stukas got +3 attack. I take it that these bonuses are random. I think the pioniere got the hero defending hense the +1 defense possibly.
brettz123

Post by brettz123 »

kevini1000 wrote:Warsaw went pretty well. I held 2 pionieres in reserve and purchased an 88 AA gun and a He-111. I had 3 units finally get heros. I think my one pioniere that I did use got a +1 to defense and a Me 109 +2 attack and 1 of my Stukas got +3 attack. I take it that these bonuses are random. I think the pioniere got the hero defending hense the +1 defense possibly.
Heroes are sort of random. I believe you get the first hero between 100-200 kills, second between 200-1000 kills, and your third hero comes anytime after 1000. Basically the bonus you get is determined by a random number between 1 and 6 with:
1-3 giving a +1 hero
4-5 giving a +2 hero
6 giving a +3 hero

Thats about right but I might be a little off on some of it.
4kEY
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by 4kEY »

I deployed North, and sent an infantry, Kavallerie, and Sturmpanzer east across the top of the map and down, sending each captured artillery straight to Warsaw to aid the siege. One small battlegroup attacked the city from the north, and a slightly larger one from the west, though I diverted one tank to the south to aid my auxilliary. Completed in 10 turns.

It felt much smoother this time around.

1x Gebirgsjager
2x Kavallerie
1x Infantry
1x Pioniere
1x Panzer 38
1x Char B (I didn't want to use this, but I got it as an SE twice in a row, so I figured it was meant to be...or something)
1x Panzer IIIE
1x Recon 231
2x 88 mm AA/AT
3x 105mm artillery
1x Sturmpanzer
1x Me109E
3x Stuka
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Char B showing up as an SE unit? In 1939? That sounds very strange. Are you playing with any user mods installed?
4kEY

Post by 4kEY »

Yeah, Kerensky, I play with a custom e-file.

Return to “Panzer Corps”