New Traits

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

blitzer64
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

New Traits

Post by blitzer64 »

Hi, where can I find an explanation for these new traits: minefield, minesweeper, minekiller, glider, nozoc, reconmove.
Thanks
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: New Traits

Post by Rudankort »

"minefield" trait is used by minefields. These units have some special properties, for example they are hard to spot, slow down friendly movement and trigger ambushes even though they do not have active attacks. "minesweeper" unit can destroy a minefield in a single attack. "minekiller" unit cannot remove the minefield in one go, but still can do some damage to it (e. g. artillery or ship could bombard it). All other units cause and take 1 point of damage when attacking minefields.

"glider" is a special trait of air transports which allows them to land any units, not just paratroopers, on any free hex on the map (not just airfields).

"nozoc" is pretty self-explanatory - such units do not project ZOC on 6 neighboring hexes around them, so enemy units can freely move around them. Also, such units do not prevent supply/reinforcements of nearby enemy units.

"reconmove" allows any unit to use recon (phased) movement. Or, when applied to recon, it cancels its special trait.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Please, add the transportation "traits" and terrain (lowsup. strait) - traits.
dragos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by dragos »

Rudankort wrote: "glider" is a special trait of air transports which allows them to land any units, not just paratroopers, on any free hex on the map (not just airfields).
Gliders can transport any unit, even Kingtigers? :shock:

IMO only infantry and some light artillery should be transported by gliders, and they should be allowed to land only in open terrain.
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

Gliders can transport any unit, even Kingtigers? :shock:
Or Karl Geraete ? :twisted:
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

dragos wrote: Gliders can transport any unit, even Kingtigers? :shock: IMO only infantry and some light artillery should be transported by gliders
That depends on eqp file settings. For every unit and every transport it is configurable independently if the they are compatible between themselves or not. "glider" trait affects only transport's ability to disembark outside the airports, that's all.
dragos wrote: and they should be allowed to land only in open terrain.
This might make sense, yes.
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

The biggest transport plane of WWII was the german Messerschmitt 323 Gigant which had a carryweight of 11.000 kg...but...if towed by a Heinkel-He 111-Z "Zwilling" with double hull and five engines and when using additional rockets for take off, german crews have achieved a total transport weight of 22.000 kg...that would still fit a Pz IIIE (aprox 20t)

He-111 Z Zwilling
soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier »

that would still fit a Pz IIIE (aprox 20t)
:shock:
That's very interesting and may be statistically possible, but would be reliant on many other factors and seems pretty unlikely if actually possible at all. It sure is one big plane for its time though
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

soldier wrote:
that would still fit a Pz IIIE (aprox 20t)
:shock:
That's very interesting and may be statistically possible, but would be reliant on many other factors and seems pretty unlikely if actually possible at all. It sure is one big plane for its time though
The actual planning of the Me-323 required transport ability for either
# 8,8 cm Falk with Sdkfz9 FAMO
# 1 x Pz III or Pz IV
# 130 full equipped combat troops
The plane was made for an overweight of up to 27t and the planes hull structure supported all the concentration of the weight on a relative small area if neccessary...so a PzIII could have been lifted with the Me-323
Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas »

chris10 wrote:The biggest transport plane of WWII was the german Messerschmitt 323 Gigant which had a carryweight of 11.000 kg...but...if towed by a Heinkel-He 111-Z "Zwilling" with double hull and five engines and when using additional rockets for take off, german crews have achieved a total transport weight of 22.000 kg...that would still fit a Pz IIIE (aprox 20t)

He-111 Z Zwilling
Glider was the Me 321 with max Load 22t and "overload" 27t
Me 323 was motorised with max Load 16,5t
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

More about the new traits in here:
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36352
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

Chris10 wrote: The plane was made for an overweight of up to 27t and the planes hull structure supported all the concentration of the weight on a relative small area if neccessary...so a PzIII could have been lifted with the Me-323
Jelinobas wrote: Glider was the Me 321 with max Load 22t and "overload" 27t
I said that in order to point out that the planes structure would have supported a tank...and since the glider and the motorized version were the same plane with same structure its irrelevant who is who. :P
Jelinobas wrote: Me 323 was motorised with max Load 16,5t
well..yes and no...the max take off mass was 45.600 kg while the empty plane was 29.000 kg...
the 16t are only a theoretical figure since empty weight is not = operational weight so the effectice carry weight was around 11t too,
similar to the glider

Anyway...
Me-323 have been overloaded with up to 22t but have been unable to take off...thats why He-111z were used to tow them in order to provide the neccessary take off velocity...additionally they had to use take off rockets to provide the needed thrust
Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas »

It does not matter. The Me 323 is not a glider. It is a self-powered aircraft for start alone without help from towing aircraft or missiles. And was to land at airfields in meadow. Not as a glider in any open area.
The glider for this role was the Me 321 with rockets and towing He 111Z. Seems this is wrong in 1.10. :roll:
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

Jelinobas wrote:It does not matter. The Me 323 is not a glider. It is a self-powered aircraft for start alone without help from towing aircraft or missiles. And was to land at airfields in meadow. Not as a glider in any open area.
The glider for this role was the Me 321 with rockets and towing He 111Z. Seems this is wrong in 1.10. :roll:
errrrr...I did not say it was a glider... :wink: ..I dunno, whats your point ?
Me-323 could not take off when overloaded and He-111z had been used with help of rockets to bring these into the air so they could continue by their own means...This has nothing to do with the glider Me-321...so I ask you why you keep arguing here? :roll: My initial comment had nothing to do with the Glider but only with transport capacity and what the theoretical maximum would be since somebody has thrown Tiger II into the ring which is absurd indeed :mrgreen:
Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas »

chris10 wrote:
Jelinobas wrote:It does not matter. The Me 323 is not a glider. It is a self-powered aircraft for start alone without help from towing aircraft or missiles. And was to land at airfields in meadow. Not as a glider in any open area.
errrrr...I did not say it was a glider... :wink: ..I dunno, whats your point ?
Me-323 could not take off when overloaded and He-111z had been used with help of rockets to bring these into the air so they could continue by their own means...This has nothing to do with the glider Me-321...so I ask you why you keep arguing here? :roll: My initial comment had nothing to do with the Glider but only with transport capacity and what the theoretical maximum would be since somebody has thrown Tiger II into the ring which is absurd indeed :mrgreen:
I not mean you, Chris. :oops:
My point is i not understand, question to Siltherine, is the trait glide assignet to the ME 323? And it is in Patch 1.10 a glider?
If "yes" then is this a big Error. :shock:

I agree with you, Chris. Those AirTransports should limitet by unitweight in use thir historical weight and/or height, width and depth. Also all Panzer IV based SdKfz's are the max for airlifting. All others to heavy and/or to big.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

I think, glider is only a trait that says, the aircraft could land at some terrain (not only at airports).
And you could define a sub-transport for different units can be loaded in such a aircraft. For Me323 (all) units with weight of 16,5 tons or lower.

It not depending at the engine (with/without) but on the possibility to land somewhere.

Wir können uch deutsch im DMP-Forum reden, jelinobas.

Return to “Panzer Corps”