GENTLEMEN...REALLY !!!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

doc99
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

GENTLEMEN...REALLY !!!

Post by doc99 »

Is there any possible was to get a quick fix so that the 88 can get vehicular transport from '39 as it has been left out in 1.10
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: GENTLEMEN...REALLY !!!

Post by zappel »

A quick fix could be to edit the file 'equipment.pzeqp' located in the PzC-Data-Folder. Look for entry 118, this should be "SdKfz 7", and edit the release date from 01.03.1940 to 01.09.1939. After restarting the scenario the transport should be available.
Zhivago
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Zhivago »

doc99 wrote:Is there any possible was to get a quick fix so that the 88 can get vehicular transport from '39 as it has been left out in 1.10
Time for patch 1.10a. I found the same "bug" with the 88 not having transport capability in DLC 39.
johndoe2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by johndoe2 »

I thought that done was on purpose?
deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by deducter »

Until this is patched, there is a temporary workaround. Use the "all eqp" cheat to allow yourself to buy a transport for the 88 gun in GC39.
johndoe2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by johndoe2 »

So it's not done on purpose?
fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub »

The "Achtacht" towing problem actually results from the trait "heavypull" new to the 'equipment.pzeqp'-file for some heavier units.

On one hand that is a very good idea, on the other hand the 8,8 Flak with a movement of one is rather useless until March 1940. This is most unfortunate, for I always buy one at the beginning of the game.

I like Zappel's solution (I guess you could remove "heavypull" from the 8,8's entry alternatively, but editing the SdKfz 7 is even historically correct, because it was built from 1938 on), but I would be interested if the developers didn't notice the effect "heavypull" had on the early scenarios especially the DLC or if it was intentional (not a bug but a feature :wink: ), maybe because the 8,8 Flak was too powerful early in the game? Would be nice to get an official statement... :)
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -
johndoe2
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by johndoe2 »

"maybe because the 8,8 Flak was too powerful early in the game? Would be nice to get an official statement... "

My thinking exactly ...
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Here is the official statement: the issue with 88mm gun is an omission, it was not done on purpose and will be fixed in the next update. In the meantime, it is perfectly ok to use cheats or replace the equipment file with this version:

http://www.rudankort.me/equipment.zip
doc99

GENTLEMEN...REALLY !!!..Manny Thanks

Post by doc99 »

......the industry could learn some lessons in customer support from you people!!

Return to “Panzer Corps”