City names mixed up in some scenarios?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: City names mixed up in some scenarios?

Post by VPaulus »

huertgenwald wrote:@VPaulus: Since you didn't contradict Jelinobas, i have to assume the next patch DOESN'T fix the name shuffling issue :?: :evil:
Not at all huertgenwald.
Patch 1.10 didn't changed anything in the DLC. So if a problem exists with the DLC after patching to 1.10, than a future patch will have to solve the issue not by changing anything in the DLC but fixing what was wrong with 1.10.
Of course, they could change DLC, but that wouldn't be the correct approach, IMO. If that's the path followed by the devs, then it would be a DLC patch and not a Panzer Corps patch.
Anyway I'm positive that a solution was already found.
Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas »

VPaulus wrote:
huertgenwald wrote:@VPaulus: Since you didn't contradict Jelinobas, i have to assume the next patch DOESN'T fix the name shuffling issue :?: :evil:
Not at all huertgenwald.
Patch 1.10 didn't changed anything in the DLC. So if a problem exists with the DLC after patching to 1.10, than a future patch will have to solve the issue not by changing anything in the DLC but fixing what was wrong with 1.10.
Of course, they could change DLC, but that wouldn't be the correct approach, IMO. If that's the path followed by the devs, then it would be a DLC patch and not a Panzer Corps patch.
Anyway I'm positive that a solution was already found.
I found the Solution: Open and Save all DLC Scenarios with the 1.10 Editor and make an optional Translation for german, french and russian.
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

Thx for the clarification, VP !

Any substantiated thoughts about the release date of patch 1.1x(a-z), 'cause i don't want to tinker with my scenario files.. ?
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

Jelinobas wrote:I found the Solution: Open and Save all DLC Scenarios with the 1.10 Editor.
Confirmed! This works, even in mid-scenario. All you have to do is open the scenario you're playing or want to play in the editor, click "Save" in the File menu, and Exit. That's it. No need to change or tinker with anything. I don't know why this works, but it does. :)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

huertgenwald wrote:Any substantiated thoughts about the release date of patch 1.1x(a-z), 'cause i don't want to tinker with my scenario files.. ?
Honestly, I don't have any information about a release date.
I speculate, that the patch will be release with the German localization of AK. I repeat, that's me speculating.
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

Jelinobas wrote:I found the Solution: Open and Save all DLC Scenarios with the 1.10 Editor and make an optional Translation for german, french and russian.
Hmm, I won't call it "solution". About 24 scenarios in vanilla game and more than 70 scenarios in the Grand Campaign. Is it really a solution I have to open, edit and save each scenario?

???

Jelinobas, just to clarify: you show a possible solution for a bug you don't have to answer for. Thanks.
But I would prefer another kind of solution that should be done by the game and not by the player.

Zur Sicherheit noch mal "im Klartext":
Jelinobas, um es klar zu stellen: Du hast eine Möglichkeit gezeigt, dass ungewollte Verhalten zu beheben, dafür meinen Dank. Aber ich sehe die Aufgabe, diesen Fehler zu beheben nicht bei den Spielern sondern bei dem Spiel und erwarte deswegen eine offizielle Möglichkeit die fehlerhaften Dateien automatisiert zu korrigieren.
Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas »

zappel wrote:
Jelinobas wrote:I found the Solution: Open and Save all DLC Scenarios with the 1.10 Editor and make an optional Translation for german, french and russian.
Hmm, I won't call it "solution". About 24 scenarios in vanilla game and more than 70 scenarios in the Grand Campaign. Is it really a solution I have to open, edit and save each scenario?

???

Jelinobas, just to clarify: you show a possible solution for a bug you don't have to answer for. Thanks.
But I would prefer another kind of solution that should be done by the game and not by the player.

Zur Sicherheit noch mal "im Klartext":
Jelinobas, um es klar zu stellen: Du hast eine Möglichkeit gezeigt, dass ungewollte Verhalten zu beheben, dafür meinen Dank. Aber ich sehe die Aufgabe, diesen Fehler zu beheben nicht bei den Spielern sondern bei dem Spiel und erwarte deswegen eine offizielle Möglichkeit die fehlerhaften Dateien automatisiert zu korrigieren.
Ja da hast Du natürlich absolut recht und der Meinung bin ich natürlich auch! Nur wenn man den Patch nicht abwarten will kann man sich so eben helfen. Wobei Übersetzungen für die DLCs werdens wohl nicht machen...
robman

Post by robman »

It's not a PERMANENT solution, but it will work in the short run, pending a patch. There is no need to open and save every scenario, just the one you're getting ready to play (or already playing).
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

Jelinobas wrote:Ja da hast Du natürlich absolut recht und der Meinung bin ich natürlich auch! Nur wenn man den Patch nicht abwarten will kann man sich so eben helfen. Wobei Übersetzungen für die DLCs werdens wohl nicht machen...
PzC ist a great game which allows a lot of modifications. A huge amount of campaigns were created by modders, the existing Grand Campaign was translated by modders and they spend time to make proper location files. I like to play the game and anybody could say that it is not necessary to have a closer look on the names of the locations. But not for me. I like accurate scenario with real names at the right position. Since the release of 1.10 I play DAK in english language but I'm looking forward to play the Grand Campaign with version 1.10 in german language (DMP sei Dank gibt es die GC auch in Deutsch).
It would be a sad and poor solution to assign this problem to the players. Such mistakes can happen but I think it is a duty of version 1.1x to fix this issue anyway.
VPaulus wrote:Honestly, I don't have any information about a release date.
I speculate, that the patch will be release with the German localization of AK. I repeat, that's me speculating.
I'm on the road to India so don't wait to long for this fix! :wink:
DerTroof
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DerTroof »

zappel wrote: PzC ist a great game which allows a lot of modifications. A huge amount of campaigns were created by modders, the existing Grand Campaign was translated by modders and they spend time to make proper location files. I like to play the game and anybody could say that it is not necessary to have a closer look on the names of the locations. But not for me. I like accurate scenario with real names at the right position. Since the release of 1.10 I play DAK in english language but I'm looking forward to play the Grand Campaign with version 1.10 in german language (DMP sei Dank gibt es die GC auch in Deutsch).
It would be a sad and poor solution to assign this problem to the players. Such mistakes can happen but I think it is a duty of version 1.1x to fix this issue anyway.

Agreed, very well said. And I for one do not trust myself messing around with scenario files in the editor. :wink:
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Just a heads up for the devs......

I ws following Jeli's advice and noticed something glaring

Vibestk and Voronzeh both have Cryllic on the map terrain. They are the only two that are like that,so far
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5

Return to “Panzer Corps”