Panzer Corps and Windows 8

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

caca
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Panzer Corps and Windows 8

Post by caca »

Is compatible Panzer Corps and windows 8?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Panzer Corps and Windows 8

Post by IainMcNeil »

We haven't tried but there is no reason why not and I would have expected someone to let us know if it had issues by now. I would say you should be fine.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'll check it as soon as my Windows 8 upgrade arrive.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

VPaulus wrote:I'll check it as soon as my Windows 8 upgrade arrive.
Don't install it. :P Windows 8 got a terrible UI for a use in a desktop computer. It may be great with a touch screen but with a mouse it's just a pain in the ass imho. I tried it and hated it wholeheartly.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Tarrak wrote:
Don't install it. :P Windows 8 got a terrible UI for a use in a desktop computer. It may be great with a touch screen but with a mouse it's just a pain in the ass imho. I tried it and hated it wholeheartly.
Believe me, if I could, I would pass this Windows version. But I work as an IT, so... I really don't have any chance to escape it. :wink:
adrianoku
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by adrianoku »

Tarrak wrote:
It's possible to change the display, it could be used with a "tablet" interface (inusable on desktop pc...) or the normal one, which is the same as windows 7. I tried it 1day mhh... 8-9 months ago, don't know if something's changed in the meanwhile so don't ask me how to make the interface changing :D
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

gatto wrote:Don't install it. :P Windows 8 got a terrible UI for a use in a desktop computer. It may be great with a touch screen but with a mouse it's just a pain in the ass imho. I tried it and hated it wholeheartly.
yeah...utter crap...I wont give up on my Win7 until support runs out...in 2020 :lol:
btw Windows Media Player does not even play DVDs anymore...another little present of the entertainment industry lobby
gatto wrote: It's possible to change the display, it could be used with a "tablet" interface (inusable on desktop pc...) or the normal one, which is the same as windows 7. I tried it 1day mhh... 8-9 months ago, don't know if something's changed in the meanwhile so don't ask me how to make the interface changing :D
Windows key + D but you cant boot it with desktop..this new UI always pop up on windows start and you have to call the desktop manually...what a bullshit :evil:
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

Don't install it. Windows 8 got a terrible UI for a use in a desktop computer. ...
Try out "Classic Shell". That should solve your problems. The newest version was adapted to Win8

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

HtH
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

huertgenwald wrote:
Don't install it. Windows 8 got a terrible UI for a use in a desktop computer. ...
Try out "Classic Shell". That should solve your problems. The newest version was adapted to Win8

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

HtH
Thx that could really make Windows 8 more usable i just do not see any advantage yet for me for using Windows 8 over 7. i just stick with 7 for a while and wait what happens. :)

Return to “Panzer Corps”