[GJS_BA] Invasion

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

GottaLove88s
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: [GJS_BA] Invasion

Post by GottaLove88s »

Granfali, Thanks for putting the GJS files into Dropbox. Do you have a copy of the GJS 4.4 strategic sector map without any unit icons on it? Preferably without the yellow sector lines and sector names too? I can Photoshop it from our existing screenshots but it would be easier if you've got one already.

MUCHAS GRACIAS SEÑOR! :-)
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347
random27
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by random27 »

8 AM Lebisey woods Meeting Engagement

Random27 vs gt88

Casualties

Germans
- 2 PzIII
2 PzIV G
2 251/1
4 infantry
1 ingeneer
2 88

British -
2 Firefly
1 ingeneer
2 Infantry
2 Scout
4 sherman
1 churchill
2 bren carrier
gortwillsaveus
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by gortwillsaveus »

I am also bowing out.
See you guys in the MP games.

Granfali: You are uno numero hombre,..muchos gracias!!!! (and in case I screwed up Spanish,...you are Number 1 in my book! Thank you! You are a one talented individual.)
Mike: Thanks for leading us,..great job! You stepped up, and I respect you for that!
Granfali
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Granfali »

gortwillsaveus wrote:I am also bowing out.

Granfali: You are uno numero hombre,..muchos gracias!!!! (and in case I screwed up Spanish,...you are Number 1 in my book! Thank you! You are a one talented individual.)
Mike: Thanks for leading us,..great job! You stepped up, and I respect you for that!
Thanks to you mate, I was a big pleasure to play with you Gort! :wink:
Granfali
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Granfali »

GottaLove88s wrote:Guys, Granfali's right that I should duck out of GJS, which I'm going to do.
Oh my god!!!, again and again... Can you tell me John where I told you that you should duck out??? Let's stop this here. Last thing I said about this was

Postby Granfali » 30 Oct 2012 21:15

GottaLove88s wrote: If people want to start a second GJS campaign and/or you want to kick me off, I accept that, and I'm happy to start a new campaign, so we can get some new blood in to play. But if you want to carry on, and we all get back to having fun, that would be my preference...

Sincerely John, I don't believe this would be going well. You have your way of run the campaign and I have mine. I am not going to kick off anybody but is time to get off the bus for me. Probably you will give a good impulse to GJS and will open it for more players, with a better "understanding" between them. Good luck and thanks for everything.

I think I let clear I get off the bus, not you.You was looking forward to mounting your own campaign long time ago or decide everything in ours. You have got it, stop then mate.
Granfali
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Granfali »

GottaLove88s wrote:Granfali, Thanks for putting the GJS files into Dropbox. Do you have a copy of the GJS 4.4 strategic sector map without any unit icons on it? Preferably without the yellow sector lines and sector names too? I can Photoshop it from our existing screenshots but it would be easier if you've got one already. )
You have GJS vassal module, on it you can find map, counters and icons. You need vassal program to run it of course

http://www.vassalengine.org/download.php

I put here the "clean" map and another that can help. (uploaded to Dropbox folder)

GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Saludos Granfali... Apologies, again... I guess that's my misunderstanding of the language in our forum postings, again... I deeply regret that you felt it necessary for anyone to be leaving GJS. Absolutely you should not need to get off any buses... I posted four days ago to double check that this is what you wanted but I suspect you've been super busy again... Sorry about this... GJS is a phenomenal extension to Battle Academy and needs somebody like you to run it... It would be great if you would stay and complete your campaign. I'm encouraging the guys to see it through!... Your effort deserves nothing less.

Please don't misunderstand that Mike, me and some of the others enjoyed making suggestions into how GJS could develop... GJS'44 won't be better than GJS, just slightly different, and the two will be free to evolve in different ways... It's such a great idea that it deserves to have more than the six of us playing it... I know that I can't do this as well as you have done, so I'll have to GM it rather than GM and play simultaneously... And we'll have to attract similarly numbered teams of players, so that folks can duck in and out of gaming if life gets in anyone's way during the length of the campaign.

Although many modders out there, Merr, RF900 and Enric in particular, have shared brilliant code to make BA sparkle, you're the first with the imagination to turn an essentially two-player, one-phase game into a grand strategic campaign... I wish you every luck finishing GJS and would love to have you involved in GJS'44 in any capacity that you might enjoy... Please PM me anytime?
Last edited by GottaLove88s on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SCENARIO LINKS
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Granfali wrote:You have GJS vassal module, on it you can find map, counters and icons. You need vassal program to run it of course

I put here the "clean" map and another that can help. (uploaded to Dropbox folder)
Thanks for this Granfali. Exactly what was needed!
SCENARIO LINKS
k9mike
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by k9mike »

gortwillsaveus wrote:I am also bowing out.

Thanks alot John for the the nice comments...I tried my best...;)
I hope we can play together more in the future and sorry to see that this (Orignial) GJS Campaign got abit derailed...
Think it will just be too much for me to try and do 2 at once...and am very interested in trying a newer approach to game and see what happens. I took this whole experience as a positive and what "We All" were trying to do. And put it more into a BETA Testing type mindset.
Thanks again to you ALL....I Salute everyone of YOU!!!
Mike
Granfali
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Granfali »

GottaLove88s wrote:
Granfali wrote:You have GJS vassal module, on it you can find map, counters and icons. You need vassal program to run it of course

Thanks for this Granfali. Exactly what was needed!
If you want another map in GJS vassal module, only have to send me the new map and I will introduce it in the new vassal module.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Gracias G... Please would you consider helping us with GJS'44, either as a GM or as a player?

Some of our forum exchanges have suffered from misunderstanding but I'm full of admiration for what you have created in GJS, and for you personally, in the imagination, intelligence, effort and ability that you've applied to invent this wonderful campaign.

Now may not be the best time to ask because I'm sure that you're super busy. But please think on it, and post or PM me at any time.

I have no idea how you managed to write your rulebooks, design your battle maps, and play the German side entirely by yourself for most of the past 10 weeks. I'm having to persuade a second GM, and recruit up two full teams, just to cope with half of what you did!! You're amazing.

We don't want to lose you...
SCENARIO LINKS
Granfali
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Granfali »

Thanks John, but I need some time now. Let me know if you need help with vassal module.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Granfali wrote:Thanks John, but I need some time now. Let me know if you need help with vassal module.
Thanks G, Understood. But please know that you are welcome to join GJS'44 in any role you desire at any point in the future.
Usted es el jefe!!
SCENARIO LINKS

Return to “Battle Academy”