Field of Glory goes 2.0 !

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

ethan
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Field of Glory goes 2.0 !

Post by ethan »

peterrjohnston wrote:
ethan wrote:
"This is a Roman theme - all the tables will be pretty legionary friendly, this is what that means..." is a great way of cutting down on the counter-programming that IMO plagues theme comps.

Or this is a steppe theme, all the tables are pretty steppe-like, don't whine when you show up with heavy infantry and have no plan for chasing LH around.
One alternative is pre-design the terrain and give out table maps before the competition (obviously with random table allocation, or random map allocation). I have a vague memory of that happening at a few meetings way back in the days of WRG 5th/6th.
Yeah that would work as well, but I really believe that the opportunity to "tilt" the tables one way or another - rather than the usual solution of a bunch of moderate tables and one or two extremes in each direction - is a powerful tool in a theme event.
Jilu
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Jilu »

Army lists,

did anyone see a difference?

i wonder with the improvement of the Longbow effects during shooting should their points not go a notch up?

Thank you

JL
bahdahbum
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by bahdahbum »

For terrain do the easy thing as in FOGN : the attacker choose one terrain type but in the defender's list ...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you were waiting for the print version please see this:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=39563

I'd go quick before the word spreads.

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”