elephants v sch

This forum is for any questions about the rules. Post here is you need feedback from the design team.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

grandad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

elephants v sch

Post by grandad » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:00 pm

in v2 you get 3d in impact phase for the above and you get 3d for sch but you lose them if they have not broken the enermy unit in the jap phases but the elephants cost 25pt( i havent seen them for any higher cost might be wrong on that) and the Sch cost 15. dont understand the cost as you will lose them they seem the be a bit of wast of points

ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: elephants v sch

Post by ravenflight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 pm

grandad wrote:in v2 you get 3d in impact phase for the above and you get 3d for sch but you lose them if they have not broken the enermy unit in the jap phases but the elephants cost 25pt( i havent seen them for any higher cost might be wrong on that) and the Sch cost 15. dont understand the cost as you will lose them they seem the be a bit of wast of points
Well, it's your choice to use them or not. Personally i don't like them.

You'll find that there may be a situation where they are a boon. For example, in FoG:R light infantry doesn't seem a wonderful investment, but in the Buccaneer list, I'm thinking it is mandatory as it may help against a mounted arm. There may be similar situations of 'oh, if I can only get my scythed chariots in along side my cavalry I think I can beat his knights.

They also (I believe) don't count for army morale, where elephants do.

Vespasian28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Vespasian28 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:08 pm

They also (I believe) don't count for army morale, where elephants do.
Quite right; neither counting for original army BP or attrition points when they go.

Got them in my Seleucid and Galatian armies. Never used them, maybe I ought to.

Scrumpy
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Scrumpy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Disappointed there were no flaming pigs in v2 either ;)

Vespasian28

Post by Vespasian28 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:28 pm

Yes, FOG made my Spanish Incendiary Ox wagons and the Classical Indians Stampeding cattle redundant as well.
Been tempted in local friendly games here to use them, and cost them, as Scythed Chariots just to get them out of the box for a laugh.

grahambriggs
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by grahambriggs » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 am

grandad wrote:in v2 you get 3d in impact phase for the above and you get 3d for sch but you lose them if they have not broken the enermy unit in the jap phases but the elephants cost 25pt( i havent seen them for any higher cost might be wrong on that) and the Sch cost 15. dont understand the cost as you will lose them they seem the be a bit of wast of points
The scythed chariots have the benefit that their loss doesn't count for attrition purposes (but nor do they add to your army size) and when you remove them in the JAP it doesn't cause cohesion tests. So, at 30 points for 2 bases, you have a unit that can damage the enemy for no negative effect on your own side. Plus, It's a cheap unit that the enemy can't ignore. At 15 points, they are a bit over priced.

mbsparta
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by mbsparta » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:42 pm

Plus they are cool models

Plus they we a part of certain armies and belong on the table with them

Mike B

Return to “Rules Questions”