What game would you like to see next?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Would you prefer a Western Allies Campaign or a Soviet Campaign?

Western Allies
163
63%
Soviets
64
25%
No preference
33
13%
 
Total votes: 260

ryukikass
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by ryukikass » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Could the developers add movement animation and battle scene animations as options? Also, give the option to select reduced # of units. I found that early maps were too overwhelming w/ the # of units to manage. Maybe later stages had larger forces... Just a thought.

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by calmhatchery » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 pm

What about the pacific arena? For me it would be a dream a pacigic campaign..like Pacific general...!!!!! please!!!

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by calmhatchery » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:20 pm

What about PACIFIC? It this kind of nice graphic like in panzer corps Lords of games could creat pacific campaign!!! with Japanese froces!! greetngs..

HAL9K
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by HAL9K » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Pacific! Please!

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1264
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by KeldorKatarn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:13 pm

macattack wrote:
KeldorKatarn wrote:The French had cool eqipment but after losing the war they simply didn't produce any new stuff and the free french simply used american equipment just like the exile poles and others. So I doubt they'll have much of a tech tree to offer, but having them as auxiliaries would be nice :) And maybe some french infantry as regulare core? :) Would be cool to have some French infantry to liberate Paris :)

Oh yeah, and I'll have to update my Dossier tool for new nations ^^
Maybe a legionairre battallion?
Yeah that sounds kinda cool :)

fmonster
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by fmonster » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:19 am

I voted Western Allies. Can't get enough of the old mutts!

Magic1111
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
Posts: 716
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Magic1111 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:56 am

fmonster wrote:I voted Western Allies.
Yes, me too! :D

UlleK
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by UlleK » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 am

Pacific - would give place to some minor changes (core ship units - with fixed number of core units for land, sea and air units - and battleships/carrier count twice compared to destroyer etc.). And I would hate it to fight the underdogs, even if they are the worst bastards in history.

Ballacraine
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Ballacraine » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:29 pm

I would like to see the lot.

What would I like first?

Pacific...but playable from the Japanese or Allied perspective.

Balla. 8)

calmhatchery
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by calmhatchery » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:47 am

Hello Everyone. First ALLIES CORPS WESTERN second PACIFIC CORPS campaign!!! greetings

euramer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by euramer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:08 am

Honestly my choice would be the Pacific war with the Japanese vs Allied battles. I can imagine that it would means adding a few new functions to the game to make naval and air battles interesting like: various depth for the Ocean (impact on auxilliaries and submarine), fog of war which regenerate depending of the meteo, possibilities of "storing" one or 2 airplanes wings inside the carriers, naval mines, kamikaze...

pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 am
Location: Montana

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by pcpilot » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:27 pm

I voted Pacific also. However, keep in mind, the Japanese only were on the offensive roughly 6 months. After that, they progressively are pushed onto the defence and outmanned and outgunned and out produced. Of course, Germany was too and Slitherine did a wonderful job of making it an interesting series of campaigns. Be interesting to see how it would pan out with the focus mainly on Japan at first like PzC was on the Germans initially. The initial battles with the British in Rangoon and Singapore, the US in the Philippines, Guam, and Wake, The Dutch in Indonesia, the Aussies in New Guinue and the Solomons. Maybe even the French in SE Asia. LOTS of possibilities. :D

Devs shaking thier heads thinking didnt we just DO all these battles in the west? lol...

euramer
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by euramer » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:13 am

I totaly agree, any tip on when Slitherine is going to annonce their follow-up plans?

Anfield
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 341
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm
Location: Milwaukee USA

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Anfield » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 am

euramer wrote:I totaly agree, any tip on when Slitherine is going to annonce their follow-up plans?
They have said Western Allies, but what kind of campaign and when they will release it, no word yet on that.

Tempest
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Tempest » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:01 am

My vote is DEFINITELY Western Allies ETO -especially Americans starting at Torch. I love their aircraft and special infantry! Allied General was one of my favorite old games and I would love to see it reborn here!

As this is the standing majority, can we expect that next?

Tempest
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:12 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by Tempest » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:51 am

robman wrote:A Japanese campaign will also require a more robust engine for naval warfare (see: Pacific General). The current PzC system really isn't geared toward naval battles. My guess is that the devs are taking an evolutionary approach to building out the PzC engine and have some other improvements/innovations scheduled ahead of reworking naval action.
It was my hope that any successor to Panzer General and the old 5-Star game series from SSI would include ALL of Pacific General's excellent features! I conveyed that to Rudankort years ago at JP's Panzers forum (as did others IIRC) so hopefully its factored into the future of this current game series.

Yes there will have to be (and should be) a major naval patch for the existing PzC game, and a stand-alone Pacific expansion which contains the new engine already prepatched up. You just can't conduct a war in the Pacific without the ability to hangar multiple aircraft, without shallow and deep water hexes with rules for different ships, BB suppression, etc. The bulk of the fighting took place at sea, or involved sea operations.

Adding a naval upgrade patch would also allow for the development of a hypothetical German naval campaign based on their historical "Z-Plan" to build multiple huge battleships and a few small carriers. This was done by someone for Pacific General a long time ago and it was extremely fun to play!
DerTroof wrote: As for the Pacific, I would love to see it but I hope it is not overly dependent on naval actions, this is not where the strength of the game lies IMO. Wasn't a big fan of Pacific General for that reason, although some of the land-based scenarios were fun.
The strength of that game actually was the game engine, rules and features that simulated naval warfare so well! The problem with it was that SSI rushed an unfinished game out the door so that they could focus on Panzer General II at the time, so the equipment file was incomplete and full of errors with bad, incorrect icons, and the campaigns were terrible and had hardly any naval action at all, etc. and I suspect these factors really had more to do with your negative experience of it.

With the custom equipment-file like the Armory that corrected all of that, redesigned custom campaigns that replaced the default set, and a proper understanding of the naval rules, it really was (and still is for old-timers) a blast! That game is now free abandonware and it as well as a handful of its best mods can still be obtained through links stickied at The Armory Pacific General forum (hosted at yuku); I encourage the PzC programmers to check it out and see what can be adapted for modern times and into the PzC engine. Ubisoft could even be approached to release the source code to Slitherine since they aren't using it and never will. I really think it could be re-done even better here, just like Panzer General was!

So, beyond the Allied ETO #1, my vote is for Japanese and American campaigns in the PTO with implementation of better naval simulation features!

FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by FOARP » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 am

racketyjack wrote:I voted Pacific also. However, keep in mind, the Japanese only were on the offensive roughly 6 months. After that, they progressively are pushed onto the defence and outmanned and outgunned and out produced. Of course, Germany was too and Slitherine did a wonderful job of making it an interesting series of campaigns. Be interesting to see how it would pan out with the focus mainly on Japan at first like PzC was on the Germans initially. The initial battles with the British in Rangoon and Singapore, the US in the Philippines, Guam, and Wake, The Dutch in Indonesia, the Aussies in New Guinue and the Solomons. Maybe even the French in SE Asia. LOTS of possibilities. :D

Devs shaking thier heads thinking didnt we just DO all these battles in the west? lol...

This is only true if you focus on the parts of the eastern war that were on Pacific islands and atolls. In the broader context, the war started in 1931 with japan's invasion of Manchuria, continued with the 1932 Battle of Shanghai, stepped into high gear with Japan's full-scale invasion of China in 1937, and the Japanese were successfully launcing offensives in China as late as December 1944. In Burma, after defeating allied offensives in 1943, the japanese launched a powerful offensive of their own in February/March 1944 that took them to the gates of India. The Japanese also fought battles against the Russians in Machuria in 1939.

Actually, thinking about it, Operation Shō-Gō 1 (i.e., the 1944 battle of Leyte Gulf) was a Japanese offensive - the idea was a defeat of the USN followed up by a land/sea/air attack on the US forces on Leyte island.

My proposal for an early Japanese campaign would include the following battles:

1) September 1931-February 1932 - Manchuria: Largely a cake-walk I know, but good as a starting battle.
2) January-March 1932 - Shanghai: Urban street-to-street fighting against masses of Chinese? Sounds like fun to me.
3) July-November, 1937 - Northern China: Capture Beiping, Tianjin, Taiyuan and the rest of the north in a grand thrust across the Great Wall.
4) June-October 1938 - Wuhan: a big push across open country ending with an urban battle at Chinese leader Chiang Kai-shek's headquarters.
5) August 1939 - Khalkin Gol: Face a massive Russian attack on the steps of Mongolia.

FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by FOARP » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:27 am

Tempest wrote:
robman wrote:A Japanese campaign will also require a more robust engine for naval warfare (see: Pacific General). The current PzC system really isn't geared toward naval battles. My guess is that the devs are taking an evolutionary approach to building out the PzC engine and have some other improvements/innovations scheduled ahead of reworking naval action.
It was my hope that any successor to Panzer General and the old 5-Star game series from SSI would include ALL of Pacific General's excellent features! I conveyed that to Rudankort years ago at JP's Panzers forum (as did others IIRC) so hopefully its factored into the future of this current game series.

Yes there will have to be (and should be) a major naval patch for the existing PzC game, and a stand-alone Pacific expansion which contains the new engine already prepatched up. You just can't conduct a war in the Pacific without the ability to hangar multiple aircraft, without shallow and deep water hexes with rules for different ships, BB suppression, etc. The bulk of the fighting took place at sea, or involved sea operations.

Adding a naval upgrade patch would also allow for the development of a hypothetical German naval campaign based on their historical "Z-Plan" to build multiple huge battleships and a few small carriers. This was done by someone for Pacific General a long time ago and it was extremely fun to play!
DerTroof wrote: As for the Pacific, I would love to see it but I hope it is not overly dependent on naval actions, this is not where the strength of the game lies IMO. Wasn't a big fan of Pacific General for that reason, although some of the land-based scenarios were fun.
The strength of that game actually was the game engine, rules and features that simulated naval warfare so well! The problem with it was that SSI rushed an unfinished game out the door so that they could focus on Panzer General II at the time, so the equipment file was incomplete and full of errors with bad, incorrect icons, and the campaigns were terrible and had hardly any naval action at all, etc. and I suspect these factors really had more to do with your negative experience of it.

With the custom equipment-file like the Armory that corrected all of that, redesigned custom campaigns that replaced the default set, and a proper understanding of the naval rules, it really was (and still is for old-timers) a blast! That game is now free abandonware and it as well as a handful of its best mods can still be obtained through links stickied at The Armory Pacific General forum (hosted at yuku); I encourage the PzC programmers to check it out and see what can be adapted for modern times and into the PzC engine. Ubisoft could even be approached to release the source code to Slitherine since they aren't using it and never will. I really think it could be re-done even better here, just like Panzer General was!

So, beyond the Allied ETO #1, my vote is for Japanese and American campaigns in the PTO with implementation of better naval simulation features!
Didn't know the history behind Pacific General, but yes, I also found it a dissapointment. The biggest problem for me was realising that the AI almost never moved its artillery - literally you could set it up so it was supposed to attack you, and the AI would move its tanks/infantry forward leaving artillery in its starting location to be wiped out after you had finished the (unsupported) infantry and tanks. The same problem was in Panzer General II actually.

People's General, on the other hand, was an awesome product and I'd love to see it come back. Star General and Fantasy General also rate, though Star General had pretty basic AI as well. Actually I'd love to see Slith/Lorz/Matrix get their hands on Empire of the Faded Suns as well, but that's OT.

derflensburger
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:32 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by derflensburger » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:54 pm

I liked the concept of Panzer General 3d (which was PG II, I think) in which the artillery defended everbody within its range! Even multiple attacks and even if the arty wasn't on the hex behind the unit to be defended!
Wer Wind sät, wird Sturm ernten!

pabloetx
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:46 am

Re: What game would you like to see next?

Post by pabloetx » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi,

I think the best path to follow would be that of the 5-star series: western (and eastern) allies, pacific, and...panzercorps 2!!!

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”