What's the point of artillery with range of 1?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Dragoon.
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: What's the point of artillery with range of 1?

Post by Dragoon. »

dumbttt wrote:Where do you get the ROF stats?
I get them from the combat log (hotkey L) which show in somewhat detail the underlying math of combat results. You can also get a detailed combat prediction by selecting a unit and CTRL+click on an enemy unit.

I guess a savvy way would be to download a unit stats editor from the mods forum and just look up the stats of each unit.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

dumbttt wrote:Where do you get the ROF stats?
I just open the 'equipment.pzeqp' (in the data directory) file with Excel, and look at a column named 'Rate Of Fire'. Most entries are empty, meaning they have the default rate of one shot per point of strength the unit has. But a couple of units (mostly artillery) have a number entered, which is the multiplier for how many shots are really fired (8=80%, 11=110%). This RoF stat is invisible in the game unless you check the combat log, like Dragoon does.
krugec
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by krugec »

StugIII assault gun is the best machine available in 1941, more effective at stopping soviet tanks and suppresing soft targets. Packing 2 or 3 together on the move makes excelent defensive fire formations.

Stuh42 when switched to anti-soft target mode decimates infantry or trucks.

Brumbar is the best defensive artillery available, the only thing that can hold the line versus legions of soviet self propelled 3 range artillery. You can also count on the brumbar surviving 1-2 hits from enemy armor, and infantry attacks, while towed artillery or self propelled guns/rocket art. will get decimated from infantry,armor or air attack.

Return to “Panzer Corps”