DLC Update Thread

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by borsook79 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Please do something about late game balance. As it is by 1944 there is almost no point in using infantry, as it gets killed in one shot far too often. Having tank-only army is less fun and requires less tactics from the player. For possible solution you could look at the changes introduced by this mod: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=40391&p=385008#p385008
Last edited by borsook79 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Horst
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Posts: 1664
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Horst » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Standing clueless in front of Brest Fortress in Minsk41 (GC41) at moment. Where is my Karl-Gerät support? :cry:
Initially a single battery was to be deployed against the Soviet fortress at Brest-Litovsk, but that was changed by 14 May 1941 when the other battery was ordered to attack the Soviet border fortifications near Lviv. The first battery was assigned to IV Army Corps of 17th Army of Army Group South near Lviv while the second battery was ordered to support the attack by the 4th Army of Army Group Center against the Brest Fortress
PS: Okay, I see Karl in the scenario editor of Minsk41. I'm not familiar with the scripts and reinforcements so much yet. Will it still arrive some turn?
PPS: Turn 7 on its trigger? Okay, nevermind my cries here then. A clue at scenario start that it is on its way, would be helpful. Let's leave surprises to the enemy side.

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1267
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by KeldorKatarn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 pm

I guess this is one point where the new messaging system during the scenario could work? :) I had it happen to me once that I completely forgot about the Karl because I missed its arrival :P

Horst
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Posts: 1664
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Horst » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:12 pm

In Streets of Moscow (41), I noticed that those couple of Bridge Engineers didn’t want to leave their trains. Scared or ambitious commuters?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer
Posts: 7090
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Kerensky » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far! There is still time left if anyone has comments still, but not much. So if you have something to add, now's the time!
For my own reference, Konigsberg and Berlin triggers need review.

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by borsook79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Is there any chance of GC getting tied together in the game? I.e. you getting an option to continue with the next one and to choose East or West path. I think it would be more elegant instead of current custom campaigns, it took me a while to even find them first time I installed a GC.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Horst
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Posts: 1664
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Horst » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Less Soviet T-90 SPAAG and KV-5 “boss monster” tanks which didn’t exist as serial production unit, more enemy hero units with 3-5 stars overstrengthed maybe?
I really like these occasional unique named units. They add a lot of flair to historical scenarios.

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by ThvN » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:23 pm

I have some string errata for GC '40:

Scenario Eben-Emael

Noobeek = Noorbeek


Scenario The Hague

Dordecht = Dordrecht

Westeinderplassen = Aalsmeer (de 'Westeinderplassen' is the name of the lakes, Aalsmeer is the city next to it)

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3579
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Rudankort » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Borsook wrote:Is there any chance of GC getting tied together in the game? I.e. you getting an option to continue with the next one and to choose East or West path. I think it would be more elegant instead of current custom campaigns, it took me a while to even find them first time I installed a GC.
We might rework UI flow a little bit, yes. But it is not part of GC update, this is something for a new patch.

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3579
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Rudankort » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:12 pm

2All: this is going to be the first major update of GC campaign, and it will likely be the last. To update 10 packages, rebuild 10 installers, reload them into online shops etc. etc. is a huge task, and we'll manage to do it just one time. Any bugs not fixed in this update will be declared features. ;) So please help us to eliminate as many such "features" as possible.

Thanks!

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by borsook79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:31 pm

Rudankort wrote:2All: this is going to be the first major update of GC campaign, and it will likely be the last. To update 10 packages, rebuild 10 installers, reload them into online shops etc. etc. is a huge task, and we'll manage to do it just one time. Any bugs not fixed in this update will be declared features. ;) So please help us to eliminate as many such "features" as possible.

Thanks!
Hmmm so maybe instead of those huge cumbersome installers (really a problem to download, your servers aren't that fast) you might just have packs with the actual GC files (so very small)? This should be easier to maintain over time... And I don't think downloading and installing one patch file would be that much more difficult.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games
Posts: 3579
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:23 pm
Contact:

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Rudankort » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Borsook wrote:Hmmm so maybe instead of those huge cumbersome installers (really a problem to download, your servers aren't that fast) you might just have packs with the actual GC files (so very small)? This should be easier to maintain over time... And I don't think downloading and installing one patch file would be that much more difficult.
The DLCs are downloaded from the shop, and afair, the speed there was not that bad? Most problems we've had were with the patches.

The decision to include the patch with each DLC was discussed many times in the past. Even if we change this approach, this does not really make the task of updating all 10 DLCs any easier for us, and so my previous post remains true. ;)

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:51 pm
Location: Poland

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by borsook79 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Rudankort wrote:
Borsook wrote:Hmmm so maybe instead of those huge cumbersome installers (really a problem to download, your servers aren't that fast) you might just have packs with the actual GC files (so very small)? This should be easier to maintain over time... And I don't think downloading and installing one patch file would be that much more difficult.
The DLCs are downloaded from the shop, and afair, the speed there was not that bad? Most problems we've had were with the patches.

The decision to include the patch with each DLC was discussed many times in the past. Even if we change this approach, this does not really make the task of updating all 10 DLCs any easier for us, and so my previous post remains true. ;)
Last time I downloaded a dlc it was around 50kb/s, not great... maybe torrents could be a possibility? And sorry to sidetrack
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 am

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Jelinobas » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:20 pm

DLC 39 Scenario (03) Lodz:
I killed "General Kutrzeba" In Scenario (04) Piatek he comes back from the Death? :shock:

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1267
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by KeldorKatarn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Warsaw South

Grodisk Mazowiecki -> Grodzisk Mazowiecki

I cannot find Marianka on the map either, only as a vollage in slowakia.
Location wise I'd say:
Marianka -> Grójec
Miase -> Tłuszcz (Tłuszcz is the more important location here I think and comparable in size to the other city hexes)
Kroczweo -> Kroczewo

Lillehammer

Follebu -> Fåberg (Follebu is not located there but far further northwest on the other side of that river)
Norwegian Town north of Hammar -> Moelv
Norwegian Town north of Elverum -> Rena
Vigrom -> Vingnes (Virgum is in Sweden)
Gjevik -> Gjøvik
Norwegian Town south of Gjovik -> Lena
Norwegian Town south of Hammar -> Stange
Norwegian Town south of Stange -> Tangen
Norwegian Town west of Tangen -> Falkedal

KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1267
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by KeldorKatarn » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Narvik

Northern town with airfield -> Evenes
Town west of Evenes -> Hol (I guess, it's the communal center of that island although not exactly located in the middle of it. But there is nothing in the middle of it ;) )
Town southwest of Narvik -> no idea, there's nothing there, but the bridge itself seems to be called Skjomenbrua and it crosses the Skjomenfjord
Town southwest of Ballangen -> Skjellesvika
Town south of Skjellesvika -> Tømmerås
Town south of Beisfjord -> Munklia

And maybe mark the water instead of "Open Sea" as -> Ofotfjord or Ofotfjorden

PS: even if you don't take these exact names, please add names to these towns. I enjoyed looking up the locations on a map while planning my strategy and the Norwegian scenarios really lacked atmoshpere because of the missing names. Especially Narvik where nearly no city hex has a name except those very close to narvik.

For Skjomenbrua you might actually wanna make the bridge itself the flag hex. After all that bridge crosses a fjord and is the real important objective to control.
Last edited by KeldorKatarn on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Horst
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Posts: 1664
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Horst » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Can you keep the names of the captured units as default, please? If you upgrade them later to a regular unit, their edited names “Captured x” won’t be automatically renamed to the new unit type. You already kept the default names sometimes but not always. Can’t say at moment which one and where because I don’t keep them always. Oh well, just a minor suggestion if you spare the time.

euramer
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: France, Italy, Argentina

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by euramer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:56 am

Did anybody post something about the fact that in Africa Korps if you want to play the Allied side on the India map (may be it's also the case elsewhere) , the german side spend part of its movements destroying uselessly all the mine fields on its side of the map, losing a good number of unit force points in the process?

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer
Posts: 7090
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:12 am

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by Kerensky » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:09 am

euramer wrote:Did anybody post something about the fact that in Africa Korps if you want to play the Allied side on the India map (may be it's also the case elsewhere) , the german side spend part of its movements destroying uselessly all the mine fields on its side of the map, losing a good number of unit force points in the process?
An unfortunate side affect of attempting to make all purpose campaign scenarios that are also 'playable' as set piece battles. In the future, we will probably try to remedy this issue better. However for the moment, this thread is primarily focused on DLC campaigns, I am uncertain and unable to control Afrika content.

euramer
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm
Location: France, Italy, Argentina

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by euramer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Thank you for your answer, I have another question regarding the DLC 45 West at the Celles mission: I have a Rail artillery 280 mm K5, which I can't eploy at first since there is no city with rails on the deployment phase. A few turns later in the game, I took control of Rochefort which is rail connected, but I still cannot deploy my rail artillery...

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps”