DLC Update Thread

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: DLC Update Thread

Post by borsook79 »

Please do something about late game balance. As it is by 1944 there is almost no point in using infantry, as it gets killed in one shot far too often. Having tank-only army is less fun and requires less tactics from the player. For possible solution you could look at the changes introduced by this mod: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=40391&p=385008#p385008
Last edited by borsook79 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

Standing clueless in front of Brest Fortress in Minsk41 (GC41) at moment. Where is my Karl-Gerät support? :cry:
Initially a single battery was to be deployed against the Soviet fortress at Brest-Litovsk, but that was changed by 14 May 1941 when the other battery was ordered to attack the Soviet border fortifications near Lviv. The first battery was assigned to IV Army Corps of 17th Army of Army Group South near Lviv while the second battery was ordered to support the attack by the 4th Army of Army Group Center against the Brest Fortress
PS: Okay, I see Karl in the scenario editor of Minsk41. I'm not familiar with the scripts and reinforcements so much yet. Will it still arrive some turn?
PPS: Turn 7 on its trigger? Okay, nevermind my cries here then. A clue at scenario start that it is on its way, would be helpful. Let's leave surprises to the enemy side.
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I guess this is one point where the new messaging system during the scenario could work? :) I had it happen to me once that I completely forgot about the Karl because I missed its arrival :P
Horst

Post by Horst »

In Streets of Moscow (41), I noticed that those couple of Bridge Engineers didn’t want to leave their trains. Scared or ambitious commuters?
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far! There is still time left if anyone has comments still, but not much. So if you have something to add, now's the time!
For my own reference, Konigsberg and Berlin triggers need review.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Is there any chance of GC getting tied together in the game? I.e. you getting an option to continue with the next one and to choose East or West path. I think it would be more elegant instead of current custom campaigns, it took me a while to even find them first time I installed a GC.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Horst

Post by Horst »

Less Soviet T-90 SPAAG and KV-5 “boss monster” tanks which didn’t exist as serial production unit, more enemy hero units with 3-5 stars overstrengthed maybe?
I really like these occasional unique named units. They add a lot of flair to historical scenarios.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

I have some string errata for GC '40:

Scenario Eben-Emael

Noobeek = Noorbeek

Scenario The Hague

Dordecht = Dordrecht

Westeinderplassen = Aalsmeer (de 'Westeinderplassen' is the name of the lakes, Aalsmeer is the city next to it)
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Borsook wrote:Is there any chance of GC getting tied together in the game? I.e. you getting an option to continue with the next one and to choose East or West path. I think it would be more elegant instead of current custom campaigns, it took me a while to even find them first time I installed a GC.
We might rework UI flow a little bit, yes. But it is not part of GC update, this is something for a new patch.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

2All: this is going to be the first major update of GC campaign, and it will likely be the last. To update 10 packages, rebuild 10 installers, reload them into online shops etc. etc. is a huge task, and we'll manage to do it just one time. Any bugs not fixed in this update will be declared features. ;) So please help us to eliminate as many such "features" as possible.

Thanks!
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Rudankort wrote:2All: this is going to be the first major update of GC campaign, and it will likely be the last. To update 10 packages, rebuild 10 installers, reload them into online shops etc. etc. is a huge task, and we'll manage to do it just one time. Any bugs not fixed in this update will be declared features. ;) So please help us to eliminate as many such "features" as possible.

Thanks!
Hmmm so maybe instead of those huge cumbersome installers (really a problem to download, your servers aren't that fast) you might just have packs with the actual GC files (so very small)? This should be easier to maintain over time... And I don't think downloading and installing one patch file would be that much more difficult.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Borsook wrote:Hmmm so maybe instead of those huge cumbersome installers (really a problem to download, your servers aren't that fast) you might just have packs with the actual GC files (so very small)? This should be easier to maintain over time... And I don't think downloading and installing one patch file would be that much more difficult.
The DLCs are downloaded from the shop, and afair, the speed there was not that bad? Most problems we've had were with the patches.

The decision to include the patch with each DLC was discussed many times in the past. Even if we change this approach, this does not really make the task of updating all 10 DLCs any easier for us, and so my previous post remains true. ;)
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Rudankort wrote:
Borsook wrote:Hmmm so maybe instead of those huge cumbersome installers (really a problem to download, your servers aren't that fast) you might just have packs with the actual GC files (so very small)? This should be easier to maintain over time... And I don't think downloading and installing one patch file would be that much more difficult.
The DLCs are downloaded from the shop, and afair, the speed there was not that bad? Most problems we've had were with the patches.

The decision to include the patch with each DLC was discussed many times in the past. Even if we change this approach, this does not really make the task of updating all 10 DLCs any easier for us, and so my previous post remains true. ;)
Last time I downloaded a dlc it was around 50kb/s, not great... maybe torrents could be a possibility? And sorry to sidetrack
Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas »

DLC 39 Scenario (03) Lodz:
I killed "General Kutrzeba" In Scenario (04) Piatek he comes back from the Death? :shock:
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Warsaw South

Grodisk Mazowiecki -> Grodzisk Mazowiecki

I cannot find Marianka on the map either, only as a vollage in slowakia.
Location wise I'd say:
Marianka -> Grójec
Miase -> Tłuszcz (Tłuszcz is the more important location here I think and comparable in size to the other city hexes)
Kroczweo -> Kroczewo

Lillehammer

Follebu -> Fåberg (Follebu is not located there but far further northwest on the other side of that river)
Norwegian Town north of Hammar -> Moelv
Norwegian Town north of Elverum -> Rena
Vigrom -> Vingnes (Virgum is in Sweden)
Gjevik -> Gjøvik
Norwegian Town south of Gjovik -> Lena
Norwegian Town south of Hammar -> Stange
Norwegian Town south of Stange -> Tangen
Norwegian Town west of Tangen -> Falkedal
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Narvik

Northern town with airfield -> Evenes
Town west of Evenes -> Hol (I guess, it's the communal center of that island although not exactly located in the middle of it. But there is nothing in the middle of it ;) )
Town southwest of Narvik -> no idea, there's nothing there, but the bridge itself seems to be called Skjomenbrua and it crosses the Skjomenfjord
Town southwest of Ballangen -> Skjellesvika
Town south of Skjellesvika -> Tømmerås
Town south of Beisfjord -> Munklia

And maybe mark the water instead of "Open Sea" as -> Ofotfjord or Ofotfjorden

PS: even if you don't take these exact names, please add names to these towns. I enjoyed looking up the locations on a map while planning my strategy and the Norwegian scenarios really lacked atmoshpere because of the missing names. Especially Narvik where nearly no city hex has a name except those very close to narvik.

For Skjomenbrua you might actually wanna make the bridge itself the flag hex. After all that bridge crosses a fjord and is the real important objective to control.
Last edited by KeldorKatarn on Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horst

Post by Horst »

Can you keep the names of the captured units as default, please? If you upgrade them later to a regular unit, their edited names “Captured x” won’t be automatically renamed to the new unit type. You already kept the default names sometimes but not always. Can’t say at moment which one and where because I don’t keep them always. Oh well, just a minor suggestion if you spare the time.
euramer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by euramer »

Did anybody post something about the fact that in Africa Korps if you want to play the Allied side on the India map (may be it's also the case elsewhere) , the german side spend part of its movements destroying uselessly all the mine fields on its side of the map, losing a good number of unit force points in the process?
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

euramer wrote:Did anybody post something about the fact that in Africa Korps if you want to play the Allied side on the India map (may be it's also the case elsewhere) , the german side spend part of its movements destroying uselessly all the mine fields on its side of the map, losing a good number of unit force points in the process?
An unfortunate side affect of attempting to make all purpose campaign scenarios that are also 'playable' as set piece battles. In the future, we will probably try to remedy this issue better. However for the moment, this thread is primarily focused on DLC campaigns, I am uncertain and unable to control Afrika content.
euramer

Post by euramer »

Thank you for your answer, I have another question regarding the DLC 45 West at the Celles mission: I have a Rail artillery 280 mm K5, which I can't eploy at first since there is no city with rails on the deployment phase. A few turns later in the game, I took control of Rochefort which is rail connected, but I still cannot deploy my rail artillery...

Return to “Panzer Corps”