The Elite Units Mod ----Patch 1.24 and LOV compatibility

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: The Elite Units Mod ----Patch 1.13 compatibility

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Thx Richard and glad you liked my humor

@Chemkid

I didn't know I was missing any parts of Scott's work.

I included the Historical mod during the update for patch 1.10,so in retrospect I probably do have stuff missing

You can alsway download scott's work and run it and the Elite mod at the same time w/o any ill effects or just add the missing stuff into your copy of the Elite Units

No RSM is not compatible w/ Elite Units att. There are/were plans to make them compatible,but Paulo and I both got hammered by real stuff...so hopefully in the future we will be able to get together and make them work alog side each other.

Thank you both for taking an interest in the mod
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

Hey airbornemongo 101,

Sorry, I have to ask again how you recommend to install the mod, since your version of the mod does still not work for me.

Use the GME. Do I have to overwrite the e-file in the original DATA-directory/LOCALIZATION-directory of the PANZER CORPS directory as well?

My game forces me to use a e-file in which the IDs and the according unit correspond with the original e-file. Means:

#11 SE Inf (original)
#11 SS Inf (Elite unit mod)

Since these 2 do not match, the unit order and SS-/SE-units are mixed up in the purchase-menu. So I wondered if the game has somewhere else a fixed structure of the units which it uses independed of the e-file OR if the e-file is the only basis of information about units?

I wonder why I am the ony one reporting this error ;) ;) ;)
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Hi airborne!

Is the newest Patch from the end of post #1 in the full package (d/l Link on top of post #1) already included?
airbornemongo101

Yeah magic...the full dowload has the patch already included :mrgreen:
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
airbornemongo101

veranschi13 wrote:Hey airbornemongo 101,

Sorry, I have to ask again how you recommend to install the mod, since your version of the mod does still not work for me.

Use the GME. Do I have to overwrite the e-file in the original DATA-directory/LOCALIZATION-directory of the PANZER CORPS directory as well?

My game forces me to use a e-file in which the IDs and the according unit correspond with the original e-file. Means:

#11 SE Inf (original)
#11 SS Inf (Elite unit mod)

Since these 2 do not match, the unit order and SS-/SE-units are mixed up in the purchase-menu. So I wondered if the game has somewhere else a fixed structure of the units which it uses independed of the e-file OR if the e-file is the only basis of information about units?

I wonder why I am the ony one reporting this error ;) ;) ;)
I don't know why your the only one getting this error :?

If you use the GME you shouldn't have to overwrite anything. When using the GME the only changes are that you make a mods folder in your vanillia PZC install folder

Are you using the english version of PZC or another language?

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
chemkid
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by chemkid »

@airbornemongo101 - thanks for that info!

chem!
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

airbornemongo101 wrote:Yeah magic...the full dowload has the patch already included :mrgreen:
Many thx for the Info airborne! :D

@ veranschi13:

Do you play a german version? When yes, look at ...\Localization\de\Data and open the File "equipment.pzloc" with Win-Editor and change all "SE" Names into "SS". Done! :D
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

Yes. Have the German version of it. But the directories are probably the same. I could try playing it and using the mod, after I have switched back to English as game language???

So, all SS into SE, and SE into SS?
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

veranschi13 wrote:Yes. Have the German version of it. But the directories are probably the same. I could try playing it and using the mod, after I have switched back to English as game language???
So, all SS into SE, and SE into SS?
When you play with german language you must put the Equipment File from this MOD to ...\Localization\de\Data too!

And then as I wrote open the File "equipment.pzloc" (it exist in this directory and comes not with the MOD) with Win-Editor and change all "SE" Names into "SS"!
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

Tried your orders, Magic111, but must have screwed it.

So, I put the e-file from the mod into the "Panzer Corps/Localization/de/Data"-folder and then opened the e-file in the "Panzer Corps/Data"-folder and changed all SE into SS.

I was kinda confused which of the e-files I had to open with notepad and which I had to copy where exactly to.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

veranschi13 wrote:So, I put the e-file from the mod into the "Panzer Corps/Localization/de/Data"-folder and then opened the e-file in the "Panzer Corps/Data"-folder and changed all SE into SS.
I was kinda confused which of the e-files I had to open with notepad and which I had to copy where exactly to.
Okay, here another step-by-step explanation:

When you play this MOD with a german Version of Panzer Corps (german language)

1.) You put the File "Equipment.pzeqp" from "The Elite Units MOD" into "Panzer Corps\Localization\de\Data" Folder. So that you have two exactly the same files, one in "Panzer Corps\DATA" Folder and one in "Panzer Corps/Localization/de/Data" Folder.
2.) That´s all with Equipment.pzeqp File. No more changes needed.
3.) Now you go again in Folder "Panzer Corps/Localization/de/Data" and search the File "equipment.pzloc" and open it with Win-Editor. Now in this File you change all "SE" Names that you find in this File into "SS".
4.) Done! :D

Hope that helps!
Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas »

Magic Magic... :oops:

Point 1-2 can be ignorre. With Patch 1.10 no "Equipment.pzeqp" Files in '..\localization\de;fr;ru\Data' are further used. In 1.13 only in the german folder is a "Equipment.pzeqp" included. Date from 2011! This can be deletet. :shock:

Only effect for translations do the Files "equipment.pzloc". :!:
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Jelinobas wrote:Point 1-2 can be ignorre. With Patch 1.10 no "Equipment.pzeqp" Files in '..\localization\de;fr;ru\Data' are further used.
Thx for clarify, but it nothing happens when we´have two exactly the same E-Files at the both Directories.... :wink:
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

Will try it this evening. Hope this will work now ;)

So one last question:
What is the differences between the equipment.pzloc and equipment.pzeqp?
Jelinobas
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Jelinobas »

veranschi13 wrote: So one last question:
What is the differences between the equipment.pzloc and equipment.pzeqp?

"equipment.pzeqp" = Full Unit-file (english)
"equipment.pzloc'S" = Translation files for the Names from the "equipment.pzeqp" File
Last edited by Jelinobas on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

Makes sense, thank you.
I have worked and tried some things in the "e.pzeqp". So my very last question would be: "What are the 4 columns in the e.pzloc for if there is only one translation language necessary?" I will experiment a little with the files and just want to make sure I know the facts behind it ;)

Thanks in advance ;)
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

veranschi13 wrote:What are the 4 columns in the e.pzloc for if there is only one translation language necessary?
Hmm, what do you exactly mean? :?:
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

For example (equipment.pzloc): 14 - Panzer IA - Panzer I Ausf. A - Panzer IA - Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf. A

ID is 14, and then 4 different lengths/descriptions of the same unit follow. Why?
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

veranschi13 wrote:For example (equipment.pzloc): 14 - Panzer IA - Panzer I Ausf. A - Panzer IA - Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf. A
ID is 14, and then 4 different lengths/descriptions of the same unit follow. Why?
Aaah, okay!

These 4 descriptions are for the different Screens in Panzer Corps, e.g. Purchase Menu Screen, Unit Names on ID Card....and so on!

And these screens in Panzer Corps, who are the Names of the Units are displayed, needs different length of the Unit-Names. Hence are the different lengths from the descriptions of the Units!
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

@ Magic111: Makes totally sense as well. So do you or anyone else know what screens these 4 individual columns are related to?

@ airbornemongo101: I was playing your mod now and made it through DLC 39 and 40. I found myself building up a complete SS army since these units are not so much more expensive than regular ones. What do you think of increasing their prices to a value at which one really has to think if it is worth buying them?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”