Any chances of a Linux port?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Any chances of a Linux port?

Post by borsook79 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Linux game market is growing currently, esp. since the coming of Steam. Still there aren't many strategy games available (Unity of Command and Crusader Kings 2 being best examples of those ported). Personally I'd love to see Panzer corps working on Linux... Is such a port being perchance considered?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Re: Any chances of a Linux port?

Post by Rudankort » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 am

To be quite frank, this port is not high on our priority list, and we still need to release iPad and Mac before we consider expansion to more platforms. But who knows. We are not against Linux in general, just need to prioritize the tasks and currently other things are more important.

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 am

Rudankort wrote:To be quite frank, this port is not high on our priority list, and we still need to release iPad and Mac before we consider expansion to more platforms. But who knows. We are not against Linux in general, just need to prioritize the tasks and currently other things are more important.
Sure, I understand. I don't know what exactly you're using at the backend, but hopefully with a Mac version done Linux would not required that much work. :) So keeping fingers crossed :)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

Vaughn
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Vaughn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:53 am

I have not tried it myself, but I wonder how it works in Wine. It might work OK.

borsook79

Post by borsook79 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:27 am

Vaughn wrote:I have not tried it myself, but I wonder how it works in Wine. It might work OK.
It works with serious problems. Most buttons don't work, only keyboard shortcuts. Plus other problems. VM seems to be the only real solution.

Muddy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Muddy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:53 am

I think this game would do very well on Linux. They would love it, especially with steam now supporting Linux.

Return to “Panzer Corps”