Grand Campaign Unit Revisions (GC45West, Mar 4 2013)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

deducter
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Grand Campaign Unit Revisions (GC44West, Feb 7 2013)

Post by deducter »

orlinos wrote:Spotted a mistake in 1943 - the Hs 129B-2 bomber availability ends in 1.1.1943 - making it impossible to purchase a new one. Other years seem to be OK.
Will fix.

The newest version of Unit Revisions with updates for GC45West will be out soon.
Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 »

Manual corrections:

The 1.10.3 still have the old 1.10.2 version number on the title page.

The German Anti aircraft sdkfz 7/2 shows different values in the manual and in the game
Game: Sd.Kfz. 7/2 286 10 80 6 1 2 7 -4 -5 15 10 4 8 0
Manual: Sd.Kfz. 7/2 286 10 80 6 1 2 7 -2 -5 16 10 4 8 0
Soft attack and Air Attack are different
chemkid
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by chemkid »

@deducter - update including gc45west? so soon?! that's great to hear - keep 'em coming!! ;-)

cheers!
chem!
deducter

Re: Grand Campaign Unit Revisions (GC45West, Mar 4 2013)

Post by deducter »

v1.11.1
SE Panzer IIIM 1943 obsolete date now after Kursk
Fw 190 ground attack GD, AD, AA, spotting -1
Yak-3 and Yak-9U AA 18 to 19
Most German infantry ammo -1 (back to v1.10.1 values)
Armored Sideskirts CD bonus -1 to compensate for lower HA of HW infantry (exceptions are the Brummbär and Panzer IIIN)
12.8 cm Flak price signifcantly increased; range = 4 is very powerful
M16 MGMC AA 12 to 13
Pioniere price slightly decreased
Panther G AA -1 to 0
Panther A fuel 32 to 26
JagdPanther AD 13 to 12
Panzer IIIN CD -2 in all years
French 25 mm SA 34 IN 1 to 2, HA 4 to 6, ammo 10 to 7
French 47 mm SA 37 HA 7 to 10, ammo 8 to 5
Belgian AT guns now entirely Bofors 37 mm
Towed 3.7 cm Flak SA -2 to -4
GD of all soft German recon units -1 in 1943-1945
Sd.Kfz. 234/1 and Sd.Kfz. 234/2 price increased
Do 217E price slightly increased
StuH 42 price slightly decreased
Brummbär ammo -1
Panzerwerfer 42 price decreased
German wonder weapons tweaks

Fixes:
ISU-122 (ART) correctly has range = 1
Hs129B-2 correctly purchaseable in 1943
Numerous manual corrections
deducter

Post by deducter »

Delta66 wrote:Manual corrections:

The 1.10.3 still have the old 1.10.2 version number on the title page.

The German Anti aircraft sdkfz 7/2 shows different values in the manual and in the game
Game: Sd.Kfz. 7/2 286 10 80 6 1 2 7 -4 -5 15 10 4 8 0
Manual: Sd.Kfz. 7/2 286 10 80 6 1 2 7 -2 -5 16 10 4 8 0
Soft attack and Air Attack are different
The game's values are correction, manual fixed for v1.11.1
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

deducter wrote:The game's values are correction, manual fixed for v1.11.1
Very interesting MOD, I think I start the DLC 39 with this MOD today in the everning...! :D
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

nice!! thank you!
deducter

Post by deducter »

I am preparing to release v1.11.2. I've had some feedback via PMs, but the only major balancing change will be overstrength cost increases.

Changes:
-GME Installation Option
-Overstrength costs increased by approximately 10% of a unit's base price per step in all years. So this works out to 20% (vs 10% previously) in 1939 and 30% (vs 20% previously) in 1945. This may not be enough of an increase, but I'd rather start with a smaller tweak. Note that the elite reinforcement cost for a unit back up to 10 strength is unaffected.
-Panther G GD 20 to 19
-JagdPanther GD 20 to 19, cost slightly decreased
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

Hey, Thanks for the awesome mod. Since I have been experimenting quite a lot as well, I took a look in your equipment-files and found some little/minor mistakes. I hope you can correct them and add them in your next release version.

Hornisse/Elefant --> available till date
JagdPz IV/70(V) --> available from date

Looking forward to your new release ;)
deducter

Post by deducter »

veranschi13 wrote:Hey, Thanks for the awesome mod. Since I have been experimenting quite a lot as well, I took a look in your equipment-files and found some little/minor mistakes. I hope you can correct them and add them in your next release version.

Hornisse/Elefant --> available till date
JagdPz IV/70(V) --> available from date

Looking forward to your new release ;)
I am not sure what exactly you mean by these mistakes? The Hornisse is correctly available starting at Kursk and always available for purchase, while the Ferdinand/Elefant is only available starting at Kursk on the eastern front and Cassino on the Western Front. This feature of the Elefant is working as intended, but if other players dislike it I may change it.

As for the JagdPz IV/70(V), it is also correctly available in the fall of 1944 (specifically 22.9.1944).

I have been playing around with changing the spotting system/recon system some more, like trying to reduce the spotting of tanks down to 1, and giving the camo flag to dedicated recon units. But it seems that the AI is incapable of handling such changes in a competent fashion, and it doesn't seem to add much to gameplay, so I don't think these changes will be a part of this mod. This is what has been holding up the release, since I like to incorporate a relatively large number of changes at once.
nvett

Post by nvett »

Deducter, are you waiting to see what fine tuning is made to the mega campaigns before releasing anymore tweaks?
deducter

Post by deducter »

nvett wrote:Deducter, are you waiting to see what fine tuning is made to the mega campaigns before releasing anymore tweaks?
Just been very busy. I haven't gotten any feedback post-1943 in a while, so I don't have much to change. I personally think the mod might be a bit too easy for veterans, but that could also be because I've played the content so much that I just don't find any challenges. The new version has like 3 minor unit changes and changes over to GME for installation.
veranschi13
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by veranschi13 »

Hey, you might be right. Also double-checked and didnt find any mistakes anymore. Dont remember exactly what I was going to point at ;) sorry for the circumstances.
While I was playing your Mod at "Feldmarschall", I noticed that I have come into trouble with the prestige since one really has the be carefull with the spending ;) so. My question is, is there a chance to increase the prestige point depending on how early one has accomplished a decisive victory. So lets say: I finish a mission 5 rounds before the last turn and I want to earn more prestige for my "decisice decisive victory". Is this possible to imort?
deducter

Post by deducter »

veranschi13 wrote:Hey, you might be right. Also double-checked and didnt find any mistakes anymore. Dont remember exactly what I was going to point at ;) sorry for the circumstances.
While I was playing your Mod at "Feldmarschall", I noticed that I have come into trouble with the prestige since one really has the be carefull with the spending ;) so. My question is, is there a chance to increase the prestige point depending on how early one has accomplished a decisive victory. So lets say: I finish a mission 5 rounds before the last turn and I want to earn more prestige for my "decisice decisive victory". Is this possible to imort?
What year did you have trouble with prestige?

As for getting more prestige for finishing scenarios faster, no, there is currently no way of modding this.
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 »

I have a question, the vanilla game (as per 1.14) uses only one equipment file for all campaigns, but this mod has different equipment files for each one, what are the differences between them? Couldn't I just use one of them?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
orlinos
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by orlinos »

Borsook: it's all explained in the extremely detailed manual and is hard to sum up. It allows Panzer IIF to become a recon unit in 1942. When war progresses, medium tanks receive upgraded cannons (more Attack). StuG AT guns are rather expensive at the beginning - and very cheap in later years, Tigers receive fuel, Me 109 planes get more ammo etc.

Generally it allows for fine-tuning of unit stats and prices - makes "lesser" units useful in late war scenarios, while precluding them from becoming too powerful early on.

By the way, cześć! ;-)
Piotr 'Orlinos' Kozlowski
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

orlinos wrote:Borsook: it's all explained in the extremely detailed manual and is hard to sum up. It allows Panzer IIF to become a recon unit in 1942. When war progresses, medium tanks receive upgraded cannons (more Attack). StuG AT guns are rather expensive at the beginning - and very cheap in later years, Tigers receive fuel, Me 109 planes get more ammo etc.

Generally it allows for fine-tuning of unit stats and prices - makes "lesser" units useful in late war scenarios, while precluding them from becoming too powerful early on.

By the way, cześć! ;-)
Thanks for the answer, that makes perfect sense. Though it makes my modding the mod a bit more difficult (I'm trying to remove the artificial limits on purchasing units, as I feel hard limits are a bad thing, players should be able to play with both historical and a-historical force pools).
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
deducter

Post by deducter »

Borsook wrote:
orlinos wrote:Borsook: it's all explained in the extremely detailed manual and is hard to sum up. It allows Panzer IIF to become a recon unit in 1942. When war progresses, medium tanks receive upgraded cannons (more Attack). StuG AT guns are rather expensive at the beginning - and very cheap in later years, Tigers receive fuel, Me 109 planes get more ammo etc.

By the way, cześć! ;-)
Thanks for the answer, that makes perfect sense. Though it makes my modding the mod a bit more difficult (I'm trying to remove the artificial limits on purchasing units, as I feel hard limits are a bad thing, players should be able to play with both historical and a-historical force pools).
There are no hard limits in my mod, or anywhere in PzC, outside the core # which is set per scenario. If you are a player who can amass 80,000 prestige by the end of GC42, then you can buy whatever you core want in this mod too.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

deducter wrote:
Borsook wrote:

By the way, cześć! ;-)
There are no hard limits in my mod, or anywhere in PzC, outside the core # which is set per scenario. If you are a player who can amass 80,000 prestige by the end of GC42, then you can buy whatever you core want in this mod too.
Yes, technically these are not hard limits, but there are workarounds that effectively work like hard limits (i.e. Ferdinand if I recall correctly can be purchased only once).
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Hi Deducter,

What do you think of the new Heroes units in the GC 1.14.
I'm currently at Ostrov 41,playing FM 25%, and just got two extra units for the Smolensk 41 scenario.
Some scenarios may be a little tougher, Maginot Line 40 has extra minefields for example. But I'm concerned they affect the balance too much. Especially when you play with lower prestige %, they had a bigger impact.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”