Patch 1.20

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Patch 1.20

Post by borsook79 »

Muddy wrote:I'm waiting patiently for the fix so I can start a new DLC campaign. Looks like there's a bit more to it than merging a couple of files.
They might be just busy with other things :)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Muddy wrote:I'm waiting patiently for the fix so I can start a new DLC campaign. Looks like there's a bit more to it than merging a couple of files.
It might not be related but I have wondered about that too because of this report:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=43180
Rood
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Rood »

/offtopic
Borsook wrote:You don't have to browse the files using windows explorer, I've been using Total commander since the 90s and don't care about the windows version I use. :)

But seriously - try winmerge - an app that will let you easily compare the files and add the missing parts to the DLC's rulesets.
Using Notepad++ for editing and compare, only I also have UAC turned on (stupid I know :P) so it's tricky to edit stuff in 'system' folders.
Magic1111 wrote:1.) We need to use the "Patch-1.20 .exe" that Rudankort posted higher above in this Thread.

2.) I put via copy & paste the two NEW "gamerule-files" (gamerules.pzdat and gamerules114) from data Folder in Main-Directory first on desktop for edit, because in DLC´s there is more kills needed to become a hero as in "Main-Campaign". Therefore it is required, the "Hero-Kills-Section" from old "DLC-gamerules-Files" via copy & paste to edit in both new gamerules files. After that I put the both gamerules files from desktop to each GCxx\data folder.

That´s all! :)
Thank you, I'll gues I'll wait for an 'official' solution, looking at the topic VPaulus linked I fear there still may be some weird behaviour in some cases.
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Seems PzC is on ice for now... might pick up Witcher 1 and finally finish it so I can start the Witcher 2 which I have lying around forever now, untouched...
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

KeldorKatarn wrote:Seems PzC is on ice for now...
Just a thought, maybe it is not such a good idea to test a patch and a expansion together, we concentrated too much on testing Allied missions and not on the patch with other missions, while actually even running it once with DLC would show a problem... I'm not picking on anybody, I was part of that beta and didn't try it too... :)
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Rood

Post by Rood »

Well for me it really is a minor problem and certainly not gamebreaking, and in fact there is a work around available and Rudankort posted a new executable really fast so kudos for that.

Besides aren't we meant to play AC? :P
Muddy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Muddy »

Rood wrote:
Noes, we's want to plays da Germans, cos Germans are the coolest. American uniforms and helmets look ghastly, German uniforms are top banana.
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Rood wrote:Well for me it really is a minor problem and certainly not gamebreaking, and in fact there is a work around available and Rudankort posted a new executable really fast so kudos for that.

You haven't been paying attention ;) The new exe just allows you to use advanced settings with GC, but new rules still don't work.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Is there a problem when upgrading between units of different max. strength stats?

I just had a 15 point Sov conscript upgrading to a 15 point guards inf. The latter is supposed to fall back to size 10. It was reproducable. It is a mod admittedly, but these stats have never been touched and the issue did not occur pre 1.20. Can anybody confirm this?

edit: further testing shows it is related to units sharing upgrade families. For example when I upgraded the conscript to engs (outside the family) the unit went back to size 10. Seems in the vanilla game conscripts don't share upgrade families with standard inf or guards.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

From what I read so far that is working as designed. Upgrade families are more important now because of this.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Yesterday I played the DLC ´41 Scenario "Streets of Moscow" and I noticed any Port-Tiles that shows "ports" instead of City-Tiles at various points in the middle of the city of Moscow! Has anybody else that noticed too?

And I remember I saw the same one time at first DLC´39 "Poznan-Scenario"!

@ Devs: Can this be fix please in a forthcoming patch?
Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut »

Any word on when this might be fixed for the DLCs? I had been happily playing into France '40 and now realize stuff wasn't working. :( I'll wait for the released fix and start over.
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

Blathergut wrote:Any word on when this might be fixed for the DLCs? I had been happily playing into France '40 and now realize stuff wasn't working. :( I'll wait for the released fix and start over.
It looks like they might have pulled patch 1.20, no longer available. So we might be seeing 1.21 any day now.

I think they should give us all a coupon to spend in their shop for all of the suffering they have put us through. ;)
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Yeah I think the patch had quite a few issues and wasn't tested enough with the base game. But I guess it happens :)
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Magic1111 wrote:Has anybody else that noticed too?
And I remember I saw the same one time at first DLC´39 "Poznan-Scenario"!
Anyone?
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I just started Poznan and I don't see any port tiles. All city tiles have names or are railstations/checkpoints.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

KeldorKatarn wrote:I just started Poznan and I don't see any port tiles. All city tiles have names or are railstations/checkpoints.
I´m not at home, but it must be the polish-city on the lower right side of the map....They have an port tile instead of an city tile!
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

That's not a port, that's a rail station.
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

KeldorKatarn wrote:That's not a port, that's a rail station.
Okay, I´ll check this today evening when I´m beeing at home! And I´ll post a screenshot, when the problem furthermore exist.

Or it was fixed with the latest patch v1.20, because I noted it as I began with the DLC´s after patch v1.14! And since patch v1.20 I don´t check this anymore!

But in DLC´41 Scenario "Streets of Moscow", which I play actually with patch v1.20, there are definitely any Port-Tiles in the city of moscow!
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I can only load that scenario with a save game but even then I just see railstation tiles in there... those circular tiles are railstations, not ports.

Return to “Panzer Corps”