Trophies not syncing - PS3 version

Moderator: Slitherine Core

RavenXBR
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Trophies not syncing - PS3 version

Post by RavenXBR »

Hi folks,

I bought the "History: Legends of War: Patton" for PS3 at US PSN and the game does not sync the trophies with SONY server.
I've tried several times at the original account where I bought the game, on another US account, on a Hong Kong one and also a Brazilian one. None worked.

The earned trophies appears locally in my PS3, but not online, even after syncing is finished.

Besides not syncing the trophies, the syncing process started to fail several times during it.

What can it be?

Thanks in advance,
RavenXBR.
RavenXBR

Re: Trophies not syncing - PS3 version

Post by RavenXBR »

Sorry, did not realize there was a Tech Support forum... my bad.
Could you guys please move this thread there?

Thx.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having problems. I am passing this to the developer to look at but I'm not sure how long that will take as unfortunately they have gone in to administration.
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

Thanks Iain.
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

Just to update...

Yesterday I tried to sync it again and nothing changed.
Then I played another game, unlocked some trophies and these synced normally. So I assume it's a problem with Legends of War itself.
TangoCharlieKilo
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by TangoCharlieKilo »

Hi There. I was directed here by Sony support personell because I am having the same problem and they were about as pleased as I am. Just so you know, I absolutely love this game but it most definitely has an inexcusable flaw: the trophies have nothing to sync to. This is known as trophy sync error 80022D68 which causes the PS3 to attempt to sync the trophies to the server but there's no place for them to go. Yes, they do exist in the console but that's the only place. I've spent the last week speaking to Sony Customer Support trying to rectify this problem but to no avail. I've done 2 safe mode system restores and two database rebuilds with them. I've also had to delete the user and make a new one. I've exchanged messages with a gentleman who left a plea for help on the PS Store update on or about the 16th. No luck on his end either. I've personally met 3 other people with the same problem. I've also spoken to my internet service provider to confirm the settings. Sony even offered me a refund because together we've done everything that can possibly be done! I also left a warning for the Playstation Community on the PS Store for this week because of the problems it's causing my console. I sincerely hope your working to rectify this problem. I would really hate to see such a wonderful game fail miserably because of this!
TangoCharlieKilo

Pardon, for reference, I'm in the United States and my system is a 500Gb PS3 Slim (CECH4001C).
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

Hi Tango,

Thanks for the very detailed report.
It propably will help the developers.

I was thinking, and maybe the problem is that the game has an independent trophy list for each version:
- PS3 retail EU
- PS3 digital EU
- PS3 digital US
- VITA

Maybe the PS3 digital US version has the problem, because I saw some people syncing their trophies. Just don't know witch version they are using.
TangoCharlieKilo

Hello Raven,
I was actually very happy to see your posts. This leads me to believe that the problem is more far reaching than I had originally anticipated (US AND UK). If you look on the US PS Store Update from yesterday, I think I was a little more detailed but not by much (PS Name: typhoon_seven). I'll apologize ahead of time because at the time I was quite livid & Sony had not yet brought up the idea about contacting Slitherine yet. I do, however, still partly blame Sony for releasing any game that has the potential to do damage to the consoles. I did download the game off the store so obviously it is digital, as are the versions owned by my acquaintances. They are also in my region but the gentleman from the previous store update is not (don't quote me but if I remember correctly, the US is divided into 5). I think you are probably correct about the independent trophy lists since I know that COD had at least 5 individual servers in the US crash during the cyber attack a couple years ago and so far as I know they all have independent trophy caches. Regardless, it is still Sony's and the developers responsibility to prevent this from happening. Be assured that if you and I, along with the others I mentioned, are having problems with this then others are as well. Hopefully, Mr. McNeil can help expedite a solution to this problem before it gets any further out of control. I'll keep checking back & offer any updates that I can. Thank you for your reply.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys sorry if you are having problems but this sounds like a system issue not a software one. There isn't any way we can break the system and we had Sony do extensive checks and passed all their tests. We have passed the issue on to the developer but as mentioned above they are in administration. The game released last year and the code has not changed so it feels like the issue is related to how the digital release was prepared which is something Sony handles but we'll keep trying to get a response from the developer.
TangoCharlieKilo

Mr. McNeil,
Thank you very much for your continuing efforts to solve this. I myself am very curious about the developers response to this, as they are the only ones that we have heard nothing from. After I am done writing this, I will be calling Sony (again) to get their take on this.They have assigned me a specific file number to be able to keep track of my progress because of all my calls and posts so obviously I'm in this for the long haul. I have 132 games downloaded into my system with add-ons, that brings the total to 719 downloads. Because of the system restores and database rebuilds I've had to endure, I just spent the last day re-downloading full game unlocks and all the add-ons, half of which are still re-installing. I have yet to re-download the movies I have, which I suspect will take another full day at least. All because of this game! After dealing with this for the past week and a half, I have no intention of letting this go. Maybe between my efforts and yours this will eventually be resolved so no one else has to go through this again. Thank you once again for your efforts and please keep on the developers. "In administration" or not, it seems to me that that's where the answer lies, and I absolutely hate developers that don't provide support for their own creations.
TangoCharlieKilo

Mr. McNeil,
After reading your post to Sony verbatim (minus your name), I got the following reply; "They're blaming us?!" And in terms of not being able to contact the developers because of them being "in administration", the reply was "Can't get a hold of mthem?! What's THAT supposed to mean?!" On a daily basis this game seems to be compounding my problems. I now have 132 games that are set back to zero as a result of trying to solve the problems your game caused. 4 years of progress GONE! To describe me as being "upset" about this would be a gross understatement. Something needs to be done about this game immediately and anyone with the same problem can feel free to contact me at typhoonseven@hotmail.com. Thank you.
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

Well...
I'm starting a campaign in every PS3 related forum to not buy this game until the problem is solved.
SavageUSAF
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by SavageUSAF »

I just bought this last night on the PSN store. I to can not sync trophies now. The game does not even show up in my trophy list. Hope we get a patch soon!

Thank you,

Rich

PSN- SavageUSAF
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

Hi Savage,

Thanks for giving us your support.
A lot of people are relating the problem through Internet.

Help us avoiding this "plague" spread warning every gamer you know.

;-)
SavageUSAF

Post by SavageUSAF »

Yea Raven not a problem. I am headed on leave for 2 weeks and was going to buy the Vita version as well to travel with. But I think I will pass until this gets patched. Stinks cause I really like the game, but I can not endorse it to my friends with the trophy issue.
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

This is, definitely, the most weird and annoying bug I've ever seen in PS3.

... and I speak with knowledge, my profile has:
- 187 platinum trophies
- more than 10.000 trophies total
- more than 400 games
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

Hi Ian,

No reply from the developers?

Regards.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Sorry , but Iain is away until middle of August.
RavenXBR

Post by RavenXBR »

Thx VPaulus,

Anyone checking with the devedores this issue?

Regards.

Return to “Tech Support”