Public Beta v1.21 now avilable!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Public Beta v1.21 now avilable!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Please give us your feedback. A full change list will come soon but basically all reported issues should be fixed!

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=44177
milliethedog
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Public Beta v1.21 now avilable!

Post by milliethedog »

Thanks for this Iain, I will enjoy playing this version.
Reinhard
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Reinhard »

I hope by the middle of next week, the patch will not be released. Over the weekend I be testing it. At least, I will write a lot of reviews about the Russian version. I can be reviewed on the Russian localization write in Russian, so the idea was not lost in translation (Rudankort like it understands), or to the English?
wildsau
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by wildsau »

:D What is all new with Version 1.21?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

wildsau wrote::D What is all new with Version 1.21?
It mostly fixes a few bugs and problems introduced in patch 1.20 with the new features. It adds a few new modding options as well. See here for details.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

So far it works. Only have a problem with AI artillery firing first.
soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier »

This is neither confirmed, nor a bug and its not even strictly related to the latest beta but so far any attempts to alter the settings in the ExpDat file has actually removed all experience related effects from the game. The stars show but there's nothing about it in the combat log and you can soon tell that's its not affecting combat. Maybe its not supposed to be moddable but so far I've made changes to the equipment file and gamerulez without any trouble. Serves me right for tinkering but if its correct people should probably know. You might get deep into a campaign before noticing
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

If that's true I'm pretty sure it's a bug.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

soldier wrote:This is neither confirmed, nor a bug and its not even strictly related to the latest beta but so far any attempts to alter the settings in the ExpDat file has actually removed all experience related effects from the game. The stars show but there's nothing about it in the combat log and you can soon tell that's its not affecting combat. Maybe its not supposed to be moddable but so far I've made changes to the equipment file and gamerulez without any trouble. Serves me right for tinkering but if its correct people should probably know. You might get deep into a campaign before noticing
Thanks for mentioning this, and I've been trying to duplicate it. So far without your results, but could you perhaps attach your modded exp.pzdat file to a post, so I can check it out?

Right now, the only theory I can think of is that your exp file got corrupted or is somehow feeding 0's while you expect a bonus value. If a value is set at 0 in the exp file the stars will have no effect, and in this case the combat log will make no mention of any experience bonus.
soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier »

Thanks for mentioning this, and I've been trying to duplicate it. So far without your results, but could you perhaps attach your modded exp.pzdat file to a post, so I can check it out?
I've just managed to load up a modded expdat and it appears to be working so its a false alarm or error on my part. I was using the excel program from an old version of Microsoft Office to make some changes and noticed the problem. I just tried the notepad application to change an infantry value and the game is now reading the altered value. Not sure what happened to the other pzdat files but i must have done something wrong. I have used the same excel program on my old equipment file successfully and those files worked. I'm glad to report that exp.pzdat can be modded if you wish to do so
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Excel probably messed up the dat file. That happens.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
soldier
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by soldier »

Also noticed that selecting 1 for range attack penalty actually adds an attack point per hex to your artillery bombardment, so you can make distant fire more deadly. You have to subtract the figure to make it a true penalty. No doubt obvious to many clear thinkers here
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Well yeah, that was very obvious to me... after I had mistakenly tried a positive value first :wink:
I was thinking a negative penalty should -actually- be a bonus, but than again I am not very good at math. It is a nice feature BTW, it was taken out during the beta, and I'm glad it's back.
Kamerer
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kamerer »

Is this also the thread to post errors in 1.21? I launched AK under 1.21 to see if the mine spotting issue was fixed. haven't got there yet, but found:

A) AK/axis player gets Allied (US) sidebar graphics.

Which I didn't notice at first, because you'd never mistake that eagle for a US one, but yep, it's the US sidebar. This was not the case in 1.20. Also in 1.20, "field" heroes (movement, spotting) - the spotting ones would carry over when units were embarked. I thought this was corrected back in 1.13 (or at least movement was). Haven't had a chance to test that in 1.21 yet.
zappel
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by zappel »

After playing the first missions of GC39 the new version looks fine to me.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Any estimate on the release of the final patch yet?
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Exactly how is reform units suppose to work?
It appears every other scenario I have to reinforce the unit to maximum from zero.

That doesn't seem right.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

That should only happen if that unit is destroyed right? Then it is at strength 0, therefore needs to be reinforced. If that happens to not destroyed units that would be a bug...
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

It repeats.

SS unit is killed.
Next scenario I buy.
Scenario is finished. Unit is alive.
Next scenario I have to re-buy the unit.
robman
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by robman »

Definitely a glitch--"reform units" does not work that way in Allied or Afrika Corps. Once you bring a unit back to life, SE or regular, it stays alive unless destroyed again by the enemy. Do you have any mods enabled?

Return to “Panzer Corps”