Panzer Corps v1.21 Update

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Philkian
Slitherine
Slitherine

Panzer Corps v1.21 Update

Post by Philkian »

A new update for the award-winning strategy games Panzer Corps Wehrmacht, Afrika Korps and Allied Corps developed by Flashback Games Studio and the Lordz Games Studio (www.thelordzgamesstudio.com)!

The v1.21 update fixes advanced options in GC - fixed the issue with too generous hero assignment in GC, disbanding 0-strength no longer gives prestige, kamikaze units (like V weapons) no longer get to reform. Also the Afrika Korps intro movie has been fixed - replays no longer display danger dots when moving airplanes, and a few more experimental options which were used in the Allies beta are now available via gamerules.pzdat file.

For a full list of changes, check below:

v1.21 – October 16,2013

• Change List
o
Fixed advanced options in GC
o Fixed the issue with too generous hero assignment in GC
o Fixed default game layout: if the patch is installed on PzC Wehrmacht, UI will not
default o Allied skin after install.
o Kamikaze units (like V weapons) no longer get to reform list.
o Fixed AK intro movie - should play correctly now if AK expansion is activated.
o When starting GC, UI skin should switch to german, unless Allies in the only
installed expansion.
o Disbanding 0-strength no longer gives prestige. Disbanding understrength units (e.
g. 1-strength) gives proportionally less prestige.
o The game should now display an error in case it fails to save the game (bad file
name etc.)
o Replays no longer display danger dots when moving airplanes.
• Other changes:
o If "Custom difficulty" checkbox is not checked, difficulty sliders are updated to
reflect the currently selected difficulty level.
Unlocked a few more experimental options which were used in the Allies beta,
available via
o gamerules.pzdat file.

To download the updates, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or download them directly from the game’s download page . The patch is compatible with the original game, Afrika Korps and Allied Corps.

Get more information on Panzer Corps Wehrmacht , Afrika Korps and Allied Corps from the official product pages.
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Panzer Corps v1.21 Update

Post by borsook79 »

Fixed default game layout: if the patch is installed on PzC Wehrmacht, UI will not
This doesn't seem to work, it did display Allied skin for me, even though Allied corps is not installed...
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
4p0int
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by 4p0int »

Now you tell us! It would be nice that in the FUTURE, you let us know it's coming BEFORE it happens, instead of just dumping it on us and see what happens! A post here about the server problem and when it was fixed would have been nice also! :roll:
I have seen that in any great undertaking, it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.
Isna-la-wica, Teton Sioux
Regards. :)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Borsook wrote:
Fixed default game layout: if the patch is installed on PzC Wehrmacht, UI will not
This doesn't seem to work, it did display Allied skin for me, even though Allied corps is not installed...
I have just checked with a clean Panzer Corps installation, and the issue seems indeed to be fixed. After installing 1.21, it didn't load Allied Corps skin but the Wehrmacht default one as it should.
Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 »

Downloaded 1.21
Tried to install it (I kept my old PzC and megapack in another folder)and get "CRC check failed.Please try to reinstall the game".
Reinstalled get the same message.

Any hints ?
4p0int
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by 4p0int »

Reload your 1.20 update, then check VPaulus's answer to Blownzo6 post under Topic's. Worked for me!
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Thank for your help,
I searched the forum but was unable to find the post you mention.
Have you any link, please.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Delta66 wrote:Thank for your help,
I searched the forum but was unable to find the post you mention.
Have you any link, please.
This is the topic:
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=45379
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Thanks,

Another 3 hours wifi download ahead
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

After a successful update to v1.21 (it shows the v1.21 in Main Menu and in Main Game Folder are the two new .dll Files and so on...) I take a look in all 10 DLC Subfolder (Folder DLC >> Subfolder GC39 till GC45 West >> Subfolder data) and I noticed that there is no new "gamerules.pzdat" and "gamerules114.pzdat" Files! :shock:

Do not we need this two files in these folders to play the DLC´s (GC) with the new rules/advanced options? I thought that was one of the mistakes after release Patch v1.20, that these two files was missing in the DLC´s Folder? And I thought furthermore, that was one of the points, that the new rules/advanced options in GC doesn´t worked with patch 1.20?

Hmmm?? :?:
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by KeldorKatarn »

that was true with the old exe. the new one probably accesses the rules differently now. That's why Rudankort mentioned that copying files around was a temporary and incomplete solution.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

KeldorKatarn wrote:that was true with the old exe. the new one probably accesses the rules differently now. That's why Rudankort mentioned that copying files around was a temporary and incomplete solution.
Okay, but what should I do now when I like to play the GC with an own custom "gamerules.pzdat" File? I mean, I don´t like to play ONLY with the new rules, and the same with ONLY the old (v1.14) rules. Therefore I have an own custom "gamerules.pzdat" File to my taste! I´ve in "gamerules.pzdat" regarding the settings a mix from new and old rules and I like to play with AirZOC 1 for example...

The question is, must I copy furthermore my own "gamerules.pzdat" File in the data Folder from each GC Main-Folder to play with my own, custom settings? :?:
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

Magic, If you still find gamerulez.pzdat files with your DLC folders that don't match the one in the Data folder, then you still need to copy it all over.
The ones in DLC folder must contain settings like UseSoftCap and OverstrengthDependsOnExp to be fully compatible to 1.21.
Or you delete the rules-files in each DLC folder. I've tested it once and the rule-file from Data folder was used then.
I remember that some DLC gamerulez.pzdat files contain only the difference that the first hero is gained faster in mid/end-war campaigns.
timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by timek28 »

I sometimes get a weird problem that unit's sound before it fires disappears. For example there is no sound for bomber flying, or tank moving. This requires reload of game. Although this happened very rarely even before 1.21, since I installed 1.21 this happens maybe on every third load of the save-game.

Then again I'm playing mods so maybe it has to do with that...
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Horst wrote: Magic, If you still find gamerulez.pzdat files with your DLC folders that don't match the one in the Data folder, then you still need to copy it all over.
Sorry, don´t understand this...?! :oops:
Horst wrote: The ones in DLC folder must contain settings like UseSoftCap and OverstrengthDependsOnExp to be fully compatible to 1.21.
That´s the point Horst! Even after installing the patch v1.21 there are in each DLC Folder >> Subfolder GCxx >> Subfolder "data" furthermore old(!) gamerules Files without the entries for the new rules/advanced options!!!

In my opinion it can not be, that each user must be delete the files, before he can play the GC with the new rules/advanced options! :? Think about the "noob" user, who may not know that!

I would like to have an statement to this from a Dev! :!:
yarco
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by yarco »

If "Custom difficulty" checkbox is not checked, difficulty sliders are updated to
I think "custom difficulty" checkbox is confusing and needless.

When checkbox is not checked and I move sliders - does it change something for gameplay?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

yarco wrote:
If "Custom difficulty" checkbox is not checked, difficulty sliders are updated to
I think "custom difficulty" checkbox is confusing and needless.

When checkbox is not checked and I move sliders - does it change something for gameplay?
No as long the checkbox is not checked the sliders do not have any effect. That's exactly the point of the checkbox.
Horst

Post by Horst »

Magic, I haven't done a fresh 1.21 installation either yet. Maybe these DLC gamerulez files aren't installed then? I'm too lazy to test that now, but my guts tell me that the outdated DLC rule-files will still be installed and used solely. And I can't imagine that the game will still use the new additional 1.21 rules together with these outdated files.

To be on the safe side, copy your own settings to each DLC rules-files and add whatever 1.21 settings were introduced. Copy the new/additional 1.21 settings from the rules-file of the main Data folder to each of the DLC ones to be 100% sure that the DLCs will use all new rules.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Well I guess only Rudankort can explain what exactly happens here.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Magic1111 wrote:Even after installing the patch v1.21 there are in each DLC Folder >> Subfolder GCxx >> Subfolder "data" furthermore old(!) gamerules Files without the entries for the new rules/advanced options!!!
Hello Magic, I'm not a dev, so I will just share my observations.

By default, the game uses the gamerules file from the main 'Data' folder. But the GC files are also used.

It seems to me that the game will also read a GCxx/Data gamerules file and will give priority to the settings from this file. But this file doesn't need all settings, just the one(s) that are different from the main game. So if nothing is set for a particular game setting, it will use the value for this setting from the main file.

I will give an example: I copied the main gamerules file and put it in the GC39/Data folder. Then I opened it and deleted everything except the ZOC settings, and I changed those. If I start a new GC39 campaign, it uses the settings from the main file, but the ZOC's are changed, so they must have been read from the GC file I made. Which is almost empty.

And I'm not sure why not all the new rules worked for the GC's in 1.20, but if I had to guess:

I noticed the 1.20 GC file was still actually read for all values, so this wasn't the problem. You could put the new rules in the GC rule file and they would be used in the GC without trouble. It was just that the program probably didn't import these settings from the main file if they weren't in the GC file.

Maybe when starting a GC the program is supposed to load any 'missing' entries from the GC file from the main file. But the program would have to have to be told to import any specific value, like you would have to hand it a list with all the possible game settings, and tell it to check for every entry (=game setting).

So for the main game the instruction for each entry would be: "If entry x is encountered, read the value and use it in the game".

But computers are really dumb, so I'm guessing it also needed another instruction for each entry when ypu start a GC game and it start reading from the GC rules file: "If entry x isn't encountered in this list, than take it from list y at location z'. Maybe the code for reading the GC file forgot to tell the program to look for the newly introduced rules. If they were missing, than it would skip these, but still allow the program to work maybe?

Oh, and the new exp.pzdat can also be read from the GCxx/Data folder, so experience effects can also be different for the GC's. Nice!

Return to “Panzer Corps”