Battle Academy: Fortress Metz Released!

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Philkian
Slitherine
Slitherine

Battle Academy: Fortress Metz Released!

Post by Philkian »

One of the most critically-acclaimed tactical wargames, Battle Academy, adds a new recruit to its ranks: Fortress Metz.

Metz, located in Lorraine, has for centuries been an historic garrison town. After its annexation to Germany following the Battle of France in 1940, it became a stronghold for the Third Reich and a major target for the Allied forces. Following the Normandy landings, the U.S. Third Army under the command of General George S. Patton attacked the city fortifications and, after four months of fighting, broke through and freed Metz from occupation in late 1944.
With new Panzer Brigades and units like the Hummel, Sdkfz 234/1 armored cars and more, Fortress Metz is a must-have expansion for any wargamer interested in reliving those days!

The game is available for PC, Mac and iPad as an in-app purchase.

We are also releasing the v2.5 patch for Battle Academy which includes new units, objects, tiles from the Fortress Metz campaign, memory optimization, AI and multiplayer stability improvements, bug fixes and much more!
You can download the patch here. iPad users can get the update via iTunes.
Check below the full changelog:

Fixes and changes in v2.5 (27th November 2013) :

New Fortress Metz Campaign. New units, objects, and tiles from the Fortress Metz campaign available as IAP
Rule change - Armour with morale from 1-50 gets one reaction shot at reduced effect. Armour with 0 morale or less does not react to anyone.
Performance - memory optimizations improve performance and stability
Performance - improvements to multiplayer stability
AI - improved how the AI decides when to assault.
Fix - AI did not receive penalties for unloading, now fixed.
Fix - other minor bug fixes

Get more information about Battle Academy: Fortress Metz on its official product page.

Fortress Metz is an add-on for Battle Academy and requires Battle Academy to play!
romannose
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Battle Academy: Fortress Metz Released!

Post by romannose »

Incredible scenarios - just got my butt handed to me by the AI on several scenarios. Love the combination of tight maneuvering between forested areas and the wide open fields that infantry have to advance through, with all kinds of traps and sophisticated defenses. Gives you a perspective on what a horror-slug it was for the Allied to advance into German defenses.
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Lots of help from the Alpha playtest team (my guys that helped during development) and the Beta playtest team on balance. Glad you enjoy the missions! I really enjoying building the fort situations too.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Fort Driant is one of my favorite scenarios in the entire franchise, period :)
BritishReddevils

Post by BritishReddevils »

It's what I expected I was expecting a whole new battlefield and new units it's still pretty good though I think a pacific campaign should be released
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

That's a game by itself! But Amaris is making his own massive one for this BA!
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

IMHO he would be better off just waiting for BA2 and THEN doing up a commercial project with Slith. But I am sure that most of the files can be ported over to the newer format. I like the Pacific and am excited about the custom module's prospects becoming part of the official BA2 inventory (no new modules for BA1 after Metz will be done as you guys know - BA2 being the next on the list).
RenMan68
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by RenMan68 »

In one of the Metz scenarios the AP range of my M18 is 3. Is that correct?!!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It might be that you are in one of the missions where visibility is cut (there was a lot of fog during the engagement IIRC).

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

Yes, all units have reduced visibility and range due to weather in the Arracourt and Moncourt scenarios.
RenMan68

Post by RenMan68 »

great- thank you!
cyberay
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by cyberay »

Ft Driant kicking my butt. Very challenging. I wish there was a way to start everything from the beginning without having to delete and reinstall the whole game which getting to be huge.
X24x24

Post by X24x24 »

Oh, that explains the sudden appearance of enemy tanks one square away! Thought it was a glitch. Visibility should be like the desert campaign sandstorm effect. Be cool if there was a fog or rain effect visible.
Tristan_He

Post by Tristan_He »

X24x24 wrote:Oh, that explains the sudden appearance of enemy tanks one square away! Thought it was a glitch. Visibility should be like the desert campaign sandstorm effect. Be cool if there was a fog or rain effect visible.
Yes, I thought it was a bug too as it wasn't clear there was supposed to be fog. Also doesnt explain why the range of the guns has been reduced. On the whole I think it makes these scenarios much easier than they should be, because the strengths of the Panthers are negated when they have to engage at close range.

Return to “Battle Academy”