Multiplayer

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Multiplayer

Post by Apheirox »

If you want to play multiplayer, post your contact information here or send me a message.

Multiplayer group on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PandoraMP
Multiplayer community on civforum.de: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?9 ... -our-forum
Last edited by SephiRok on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: civforum.de link.
boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Multiplayer

Post by boulugre »

Hi Apheirox, I would like to try a multiplayer game. I have plenty of time today and this week end for a game, I pmed you my email
dgaschk
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by dgaschk »

I'd like to try multiplayer. When is a good time?
ChuckGyver
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by ChuckGyver »

I should have learned this weekend for an exam on friday ... but the game is really great. Anyway, I'd like to play friday or/and saturday evening/night
Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Apheirox »

Hey guys! I've setup a Steam Group for Pandora now - yes, it's no Steam game but most of you probably have it installed anyway and the community features are rather excellent. Please join this group if you are interested in Pandora MP. It will make it much easier for us all to schedule games!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PandoraMP
boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by boulugre »

Although I live in a not convenient time zone and have limited availability to play i signed up!

Week ends would be the best time for me to try to slot in a game, but lets use the comment section of the steam group to post our individual availibility and program some games!

See you on Pandora ! :P
Xytop

Post by Xytop »

Good idea with the steam group. For the players who added Pandora to the steam games and use the grid view, I created a custom image.

Apheirox
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Apheirox »

Oooh, that's neat, Xytop! DL'ing right away!
ChuckGyver

Post by ChuckGyver »

does anyone wants to play with me in the next 6-8 hours ?
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

I'd be up for a game tonight (in 2 hours or so), if anyone would like to test a new beta version with me. I'll be around on Steam.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
ChuckGyver

Post by ChuckGyver »

SephiRok wrote:I'd be up for a game tonight (in 2 hours or so), if anyone would like to test a new beta version with me. I'll be around on Steam.
I would like
jdmillard
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by jdmillard »

I'm interested but in my timezone, I don't get off work for another 4 hours.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Alright guys, was fun! I have some bugs to fix for tomorrow.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
Xytop

Post by Xytop »

A few things that you should consider when playing multiplayer.

When you decide to play on quick speed then be aware that the aliens are a lot harder. We had them only on high but we hardly could get out of the first (or first two) cities to expand. The healing rate isnt increased so you'll need at least 3-4 units to be able to defend your city. Clearing a hive also gets more troublesome because you still walk at the same speed and till you arrive at the hive some of your units will already be exausted by battling the aliens on the way.

Perhaps it's best to keep the alien aggression on medium because some factions get a big advantage or disadvantage if you set it higher. For example I was playing Noxium and because you can't expand as fast with hostile aliens, your capital city will go up to 7-9 in no time before you can start building 1 or 2 colonizers. During the whole game I had on average -3/-4 morale because my city was too big and this even with Wando Apartments and the Advancement with +2 habitat. One of the stronger factions would probably be Terra Salvum. They don't care to have high population cities and the aliens attack a lot later.

Another reason why avoiding a high alien aggression level could be a good idea, is the starting location of you capitol city. Because you can't expand so early, you could be stuck with a city that only has hexes with +1 mineral or even some fungus. In this case you can't produce anything fast and will prioritize in research but even if you get your free colonizer tech, you still need to build it (I think it was 16 production). And when you place it somewhere with mountains, it also takes longer to gain population because your global population is already 8+.

If you play with the patch 1.1.14 then you should probably avoid Togra. Because now you also have to build the advancements and there are less ruins to explore.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Doing a bunch of multiplayer-related fixes today. Let me know if you've found anything annoying in multiplayer.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
ChuckGyver

Post by ChuckGyver »

Don't know, if it's due changes, but I had today a problem in a mp game
viewtopic.php?f=268&t=47120
jdmillard

Post by jdmillard »

I recently played a few LAN games. On the very first turn when you get the "This is Your Faction" window, you get the window as many times as there are players. I was playing with my dad and brother (3 human players) so we each had to click "okay" to that welcome window 3 times. I don't know if this occurred in the internet-based multiplayer. When I did a 2-human-player game, the same thing happened but only two times.
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

Might play another game in about half an hour if anyone is interested.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
Folket

Post by Folket »

I might be up for a game some day, but how do I know what timezone this forum is in? I can't tell how old posts are.
Xytop

Post by Xytop »

On the bottom right you see the current time zone. You can edit your profile to set it to your own and all posts will then show the time according to your set time zone.

I think you should add again that after breaking a non-aggression-pact, you can't declare war in the same turn. In MP there is no disadvantage in breaking it. You should have at least 2-3 turns time to prepare against a war if you had an non-aggression-pact before.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”