Aircraft flightpath.

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Muddy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Aircraft flightpath.

Post by Muddy »

Why when I order a aircraft to go south east, it takes a diversion, and fly's directly north east into enemy planes and AA fire? Very annoying.
KeldorKatarn
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Aircraft flightpath.

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Uh... that's not even possible. If you order it southeast it cannot go either west or north. it probably few exactly east for a short time and that's perfectly normal, unless its target is exactly southeast. if it is a few hexes off it has to fly east for those number of hexes. Whether it does that small east trip first or last is probably predetermined and doesn't take any enemy planes into account unless already spotted.

I don't get what AA fire has got to do with anything though. AA cannot fire at moving planes, only on attacking ones or in the AI turn, which is AFTER your movement.

So can you elaborate what exactly happened, with a screenshot maybe?
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7x2bHqAwUGeaD93VpLbEgw
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

It flew North east, and the AA fire would follow, and do away with was left of my squadron after the 2 enemy squadrons had finished with me. It's done this sort of thing before, I think it must be cheats disguised as AI, because I was kicking butt. :)
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I'll say it again, it is not possible for a plane that targets a location in the southeast to go north. it is also not possible for a moving plane to be intercepted by AA.
Panzer Corps - Dossier Tool - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=39151
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

KeldorKatarn wrote:I'll say it again, it is not possible for a plane that targets a location in the southeast to go north. it is also not possible for a moving plane to be intercepted by AA.
You tell that to the pilot. Wait, you can't he's dead. It went north by 2 hexes.
KeldorKatarn

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Replay or it didn't happen :D
Forefall
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Forefall »

On the Ipad version the screen will slometimes skip around when selecting, sometimes causing a plane to move in a direction unintended as you end up confirming a movement that was not where you intended to selecting.
carlisimo
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by carlisimo »

I don’t know about this particular case, but I do get annoyed when a unit’s projected path takes it through the fog of war when there are revealed tiles it could safely travel through. It inevitably ends up running into a hidden enemy and not reaching its intended destination.
Naxor
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Naxor »

I hope next panzer corps allow player to make flying path hex by hex using mouse button 2.
Werk9
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Werk9 »

Forefall wrote:On the Ipad version the screen will slometimes skip around when selecting, sometimes causing a plane to move in a direction unintended as you end up confirming a movement that was not where you intended to selecting.
I hope this will be fixed in the next version because this is really annoying! Sometimes it is hard to scroll because the position jumps back each time. And yes, because of this bug my airplanes sometimes fly in the other direction than they should.
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

I don't know about the ipad as I play on my PC. It was funny how I clicked the town hex to the SE, and the aircraft sort of shot up and across the map like it was magnetized to the enemy fighters that were hidden in the FOW.
Anyway it p******* me off. :)
endur
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by endur »

It can happen and has happened to me. I think that sometimes the default flight path is designed to do some scouting and remove fog of war for you on the way to a target hex.

I know, it doesn't seem to make sense, but the plane can take a route that goes out of its way.

First, remember that you will see the flight path before the plane moves, and if you don't like the flight path, you don't have to accept the move.

If you want to change the flight path that the game is giving you, you can move another unit to change the fog of war. If that other unit exposes the enemy aircraft, and you then go to move the original plane, your plane will now have a new flight path (perhaps the flight path you were expecting originally).

Return to “Panzer Corps”