Hello, Steam Panzer Corps Players!

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Hello, Steam Panzer Corps Players!

Post by Longasc »

Let's see how many of those who will buy the game on Steam will find their way to this forum! :D
It's less than 6 hours till Steam release and I will be AFK at that time, so I will say this in advance:

Hello and welcome!
This is the place where you can start asking about mechanics like suppression, entrenchment or which tank to buy.
vadersson
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Hello, Steam Panzer Corps Players!

Post by vadersson »

Well I may not be all that new here, but I will be buying Panzer Corp today when it releases. I just need to decided how much of my gift money my wife game me to blow on DLC. :) At the least I think I need the base and Afrika. Maybe Allied too. Then I can consider the grand campaigns. And suggestions from current players on which "add-ons" to get first?

Glad to see this going to Steam. I have somewhat recently found out how handy Steam can be.
Thanks,
Duncan
The Warhammer 40K games all need more T'au Empire units.
Muddy
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Muddy »

The game is up on Steam, and no:1 'just released', but it's all messed up. No pictures, video or forum. Something has gone terribly wrong.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We seem to have broken Steam... Steam are trying to work out whats wrong!
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

IainMcNeil wrote:We seem to have broken Steam... Steam are trying to work out whats wrong!
Working now except for the forums. And there seems to be no separate DLC to buy, only the full pack.

Update: All working now. :)

When do we get to pick up our steam keys?
Marder
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Marder »

Key redeemed. I'm in. Thanks.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Here is the explanation of how to redeem your key:
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=48814
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

And purchased. Finally I can try Panzer Corp for real.
Now, do I blow all my money and get the complete DLC collection or wait...

Hmm...
Thanks,
Duncan
The Warhammer 40K games all need more T'au Empire units.
Longasc

Post by Longasc »

I just redeemed my keys, started downloading a minute ago! :)
Bonesoul
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Bonesoul »

Hello other Steam (and non steam players) too :). Its great to see Panzer Corps on the Steam platform, with Games shops seemingly going the way of the video library and the Dodo and the few left being full of console games with very little PC game choice, its essential if people like me are going to be able to get hold of a game genre we love on our trusty old PC's.

I bought the basic PzC first and pretty much immediately, after playing two or three of the vanilla scenarios, splashed out on the whole DLC/GC whatever you prefer to call them set. I know I will get hours of enjoyment and frustration(is semi-equal measure) from them. Over 300 hours already of playing watching AAR videos and scouring the forum's for scraps of useful info, now that's got to be value for money, it would cost me almost the same for a ticket to a single game at my nearest premier league ground.

One little bugbear to me and its more and more common nowadays (now doesn't that make me sound old), especially for games of this nature tactical/Strategic sim's, the manuals just don't give you the information you need to become a good player. Without forum's like this one you just wouldn't have the info to make informed choices about unit upgrades or core progression. A good example would be artillery, where rate of fire is of huge importance but easy to miss, even when looking at the detailed combat results. Also as is often the case with patches, their effects can be hard to understand and leave you with great difficulties in seeing what you need to adjust to them, just look at the Soft cap debates currently going on.

Anyway, thumb's up on a very enjoyable game that thanks to steam, I don't have to worry about lost or corrupted disks, or lost serial key's.

Cheers
Bonesoul

Return to “Panzer Corps”